1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Community The Agaran Menace

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Razey, Jan 30, 2014.

?

The Agarans: Menace or Misunderstood?

1. Menace

414 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Misunderstood

333 vote(s)
    12.4%
  3. Mushrooms

623 vote(s)
    23.2%
  4. Malevolent, Menacing, Misunderstood Mushrooms

1,319 vote(s)
    49.1%
  1. Physxman11

Physxman11 Space Spelunker

I've been attempting to parse their language; here's what I have so far:

Hairthing - Apex
    Peck, flap - Avian
    Plant, kissface(?) - Floran
    Clankbeast - Glitch
    Meat - Human
    Squishfish - Hylotl
    Shroom, mushroom - Agaran

Adjectives are adjoined to the front of the objects they modify; ex: Smashroom - Hammer-wielding Agaran, Cutshroom - Sword-wielding Agaran, Sillyflap - Silly Avian.

"Feara" may mean fear or afraid, "bravada" may mean brave.

"Mesti" may be a first-person verb of being, i.e: "I am ____".

Edit: I have a question mark on "kissface" because I honestly do not know what it means, except that it only appears in dialogue to a Floran character.

Double edit: Forgot to put this - "Hoom", "Halhoom", and other variants thereof, appear to be forms of greeting.

mewfan151, MilkCalf, Bejamin and 4 others like this.
  2. Incendiary

Incendiary Ketchup Robot

http://community.playstarbound.com/...the-translation-of-the-aragan-language.68824/

LastDay and SirKaldar like this.
  3. lordfirefox

lordfirefox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

kissface? maybe it's hissface?

4. Kahvi

Kahvi Phantasmal Quasar

its kissface. and its more likely that Kissface is more akin to like/love or somewhat along that line. quite certain that the agarans call florans Plant. and considering that in a few lines they say plant and kissface close together would suggest that racially they like each other.

It could also be that the Agarans are looking up to the Florans as a 'Big Brother/Sister' race and the copying of floran tech is out of adoration or respect. also every floran i've seen 'locked' away with them has had a drysap device on the wall of their cell. That also leads me to believe they work with the floran prisons.

Hoom! Hoom hoom shroom! Plant naturra kissface!
    (I know people are slowly translating this, but the overall feel of the phrase is that they Agaran is happy to see the Floran)

Kissface plant! Nab halb squishfish! <maniacal sound>
    (Here the agaran seems to enjoy stating something about hylotl. a joke perhaps?)

Plant hoom! Kissface chop growa, halb!?
    (A greeting, and then possibly a question about personal interests.)

Also, i'm getting the feeling that shroom is used in the context as 'person' and that Agarans are possibly asexual akin to Florans.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
    Bejamin likes this.
  5. The Furreonist

The Furreonist Pangalactic Porcupine

I don't think so, they are imprisoning saladheads florans. Maybe they are kissing florans to infect them with spores.
    PS.: Nobody respects the saladheads. You're just the kindling to start a fire.

Faeryheart likes this.
  6. Kahvi

Kahvi Phantasmal Quasar

they never attacked me in the worlds i saw them on thus far. Even after i broke into a few floran prisons. Still willing to stick to the Siberian Eskimos / Russian prisons thing i mentioned in an earlier post.

SirKaldar likes this.
  7. Meepers

Meepers Void-Bound Voyager

Florans are dying, Evil Agaran son of a bitches.
    Anyways, The Agarans are spreading like, fungus to many species, (Mostly Florans) These... Things Must Die through a Fiery death. :fireball:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  8. jetpaczx

jetpaczx Astral Cartographer

My Floran isss well versssed in thesssse horrible thingssss... Death to the Agaran :)

MilkCalf, SirKaldar and Meepers like this.
  9. Platysaur

Platysaur Big Damn Hero

[​IMG]
    This certainly isn't the first time we've encountered a captured Floran. I can tell you this much; it seems like they have a real grudge for them. The one to the left was speaking a language unknown.

SirKaldar likes this.
  10. Claith

Claith Big Damn Hero

Sssstab. Heh, heh, heh. Ssstab. Heh, heh.

Heh, heh. Ssstab. Wearss sssshrom.

11. Ttariel

Ttariel Big Damn Hero

The heads drop as vanity, what if it is just hyotle in cover ?

JesusGreen and Faeryheart like this.
  12. Ryumaru

Ryumaru Big Damn Hero

Just when I thought they couldn't get any creepier, now they apparently refer to Florans as "kissface." Great. Now they're not just kidnapping Florans to infect them with a parasite, they're doing it out of stalker-like "affection."

13. The Furreonist

I don't feel sorry for the Florans, they all should be burned.

14. Ryumaru

Ryumaru Big Damn Hero

In the immortal words of Optimus Prime: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." At least my Glitch agrees.

MilkCalf, Bejamin, SirKaldar and 2 others like this.
  15. IceWolf

IceWolf Void-Bound Voyager

I wouldn't worry about the Agarans being bad folk. I hung out with one once, he seemed like a fungi.

Khuur, Vahi5, Bejamin and 10 others like this.
  16. GravityFlux

GravityFlux Guest

Being a human, its time to do what humans do best.

NUKE SHIT, AND ERADICATE A SPECIES

17. Tovlyn

Tovlyn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

True Story: I play a Floran; And the first thing I see when I log in on my world are the Agaran. They were the first enemy I encountered. And they killed me.

As if that wasn't enough I keep seeing all these various Floran-structures taken over by Agaran, and with their presumably original owners thrown in various sadistic cells.
    One time I encountered one of those with just a moss-platform separating my Floran Friend from lava - and she fell. That day my Floran declared open war against those backssstabing Fungi folk. My nomading Floran warrior will not rest until the agaran are extinct.

Fire confirmed. Florans are flowers, not common vegies.

mewfan151, MilkCalf, Bejamin and 2 others like this.
  18. Radiated Ronin

Radiated Ronin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That adds a whole new level of horror! What you are seeing isn't a prison, it's an INCUBATOR!!!

19. Radiated Ronin

Radiated Ronin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ugh, three times around for that pun!

You should be pun-ished! The scorn of us u-pun you! Quit being a pun-k.

lol

SirKaldar and Breakout like this.
  20. The Furreonist

They're just plants, or manure, dunno. Anyway they smell like manure.