1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Community The Agaran Menace

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Razey, Jan 30, 2014.

?

The Agarans: Menace or Misunderstood?

1. Menace

414 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Misunderstood

333 vote(s)
    12.4%
  3. Mushrooms

623 vote(s)
    23.2%
  4. Malevolent, Menacing, Misunderstood Mushrooms

1,319 vote(s)
    49.1%
  1. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

@Zebe
    upload_2014-6-19_13-52-21.png
    Problem there. Your quote gets cut off.
    I'll look for some!

2. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

I have no idea why that happens. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometime it cuts the text but displays "Click to expand..." option. Y u no work Xenforo?

3. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

In your post, you mention [Redacted] in the "The Rest of the Universe" section. As I recall, [Redacted] is the human leader.
    There is a codex somewhere that states that [Redacted] tried to use weedkiller on an army of Florans when the Humans were just escaping earth. It just made all of them drunk.
    Point is, he is leader of the humans. :p
    Also, because of the way we type [Redacted] it looks like we all actually know his name and the forums are just replacing it with [Redacted] so nobody finds out. Lawlz/Lelz/Lolzies.

4. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

Well, just because they're both [redacted] doesn't mean they're the same people, nessessarily. It just means there could be two [redacted]s.

5. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

More than one [redacted] That means... I MIGHT BE [redacted]!

But seriously. it's very likely.

6. Type1Ninja

Huh. I don't think so, and even if you're right, it should be added that at least [Redacted] is most likely/definitely the human leader.

7. CJM-497

CJM-497 Void-Bound Voyager

I have just received a transmission from one of my apex contacts regarding the agarans:

[opening communication]

"sir i think you'll want to hear this,
    i just saw some agarans guarding a large pot like structure made of plant matter,
    it was full of what appeared to be slightly ionized water, there was a floran sat at the bottom,
    when i spoke to her she didn't hiss or snarl, she was totally placid, she actually asked for a hug!
    I can't tell who's crazier the girl or those shroomheads!
    I'm getting out of here as soon as I get enough fuel to make a jump, this place is creeping me ou!£$RR"!$@~#[&*%^{}"
    [connection lost]

this is concerning

8. CJM-497

CJM-497 Void-Bound Voyager

it is worth noting, that while the universal translator can not fully decode their language but its added context allows for some theorizing:
    for example;
    mesti seems to be analogous to 'I' or 'me'
    nab means 'mine' or 'my'
    bizarra seems to mean funny or ironic
    feara is similar to fear
    bravada seems to refer to bravery
    by extension disbravada seems to refer to cowardice
    so dis is a negative prefix

also of note: they seem to be aware of influential figures and recent events in the galaxy
    they sometimes mention a " Giant Hairthing" which roughly translates to big ape
    they have also mentioned what could be the end of earth " Tentacrush weepa no meat."
    an interesting quote i found: "Bizarra no Kluex fry!" they know of kluex...
    hmm
    "Clankbeast house fry"
    house may refer to the travelers ship, which flies.

"Bizarra no Kluex fry!"
    Ironic Kluex cant fly!
    I need to perform some tests!
    the agarans know something!

9. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

Sorry to disapoint you but we already know these things. We have discussed this for a long time! If you want to find out new stuff dig deeper (If there is any stuff left.) or wait for devs to implement something.

10. ArchieTheMuffin

ArchieTheMuffin Tentacle Wrangler

[​IMG]

11. Type1Ninja

I see you're new here. Well, we have an initiation ritual for new people...
    You have to read our NEW-GUY POST!!! (We hear a scream in the background)
    Just head on over to this page: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/the-agaran-menace.68061/page-117
    And scroll down to the bottom. It's the second to last post, by the wonderful @Zebe
    Read it, or at least most of it. The theory bit isn't complete yet, but this should help get you caught up and ready to discuss our friends the shroomies. :)

MysticMalevolence and Zebe like this.
  12. demanrisu

demanrisu The Original Agaran Menace NPC

This is awesome, great job on putting it all together.

Also, I foolishly tried to quote this post and my laptop briefly sounded like a jet trying to take off.

13. Type1Ninja

:rofl:
    Like my new sig? It's more useful, is it not?

Zebe and SirKaldar like this.
  14. InsanityPixelated

InsanityPixelated Existential Complex

Hay! Stop Horsing around with TheCavalry.
    You're ruining my
    stable reputation. This is really going to force me to harness my pun powers.
    I'll
    bale from this thread soon if you keep on stirring up trouble here.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  15. Type1Ninja

*choking noise*

SirKaldar likes this.
  16. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

@Zebe
    Found a Giant Pod structure at:
    Delta Achird 4101 II
    • X: -14902176
    • Y: -89076316
    Next one!
    upload_2014-6-22_20-18-2.png
    upload_2014-6-22_20-18-29.png
    upload_2014-6-22_20-23-33.png
    Delta Theta Cap 801 II a
    • X: -14902182
    • Y: -89076319

beari78, Zebe and SirKaldar like this.
  17. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Is already in the "Theory" part of the post! :DD I'll post it when I'll finish the rest. Also, General Kale is the human leader.
    I forgot to mention USCM in the fact part :facepalm: gotta update.

It's very awesome. <3
    You can get a permalink directly to a post by clicking the small number that is in the bottom right corner of every post next to the "reply" button. There is the link to my megapost:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/the-agaran-menace.68061/page-117#post-2066635

Which giant pod is it? There is two of them. Other has chests underneath, other an apex in a pod.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  18. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

It's the one with two chests.

Zebe likes this.
  19. Type1Ninja

Thanks for the permalink, and I'm glad you're putting that theory in the theory part. I can't wait to see it! :D

EDIT: Are you sure about [Redacted] NOT being the Human leader? I recall a codex about it somewhere...
    EDIT2: Aha! I found the codex! It just says nothing at all about [Redacted] being the human leader... :p
    I think the important bit is that [Redacted] seems to be a term humans REALLY like to use. http://starbound.gamepedia.com/USCM_Field_Handbook

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
    Zebe likes this.
  20. Rovole

Rovole Void-Bound Voyager

Feels like a jab at the SCP foundation, whose community is infamous for overusing the witholdment of information as a way to "enhance" the creepyness factor of the written articles and anecdotes. Lots of redacted details and blacked out lines. See this page and scroll down, to see what I mean.

Else the tendency for government bodies, especially military ones, to do the same though for the sake of "security" than for scares.

As for the agarans,Is it too much to ask for neutrality? Fleshing out a thoroughly and perhaps confusingly grey faction instead of the black and white we commonly see is something I feel would be more rewarding. I think the fourth, currently most popular voting category reflects this desire in the community.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014