The .01%, Inc.

Discussion in 'Corporations Archive' started by BioApple, Dec 13, 2012.

1. [​IMG]
    (Banner by FreshSheet)
    Description

The .01%, Inc. is the galaxy's finest haberdashery, guaranteed. This corporation, headed by only the richest of the rich, is dedicated to designing and manufacturing space's largest and most deluxe assortment of hats, clothes, and other vanity items. Maybe armor or weapons or mobs, we'll see when the game comes out when, uh... space... and not breaking the fourth wall... Yeah.

Product Line

We have a lot of products and ideas and stuff, trust us. They just aren't available yet. <_< >_> (this is where we'll link to any finished mods once the game is released)

Jobs & Divisions - Now Hiring

Manufacturing - We may live in the future, but someone has to make all these hats! Even though factory work is generally considered blue collar, we assure you you will still have one of the classiest professions in the galaxy making our high-end clothing. (these jobs are for people who wish to help with coding)
    Current Manufacturers
    --centor111

Design - But of course, we wouldn't have anything to manufacture without our talented and handsome design team. These people give us what we need to do what else we need, and their heads are just as valuable as our manufacturers' hands. (these jobs are for spriters, animators, or whatever else on the art front we need)
    Current Designers
    --FreshSheet

Management - The best of the best of the best, our managers have shown time and time again that their minds are persistent enough to regale us with the best ideas known to mankind. They don't actually manage anything, but who cares, we're all rich. (submitting many good ideas or being a great employee will have you considered for this)
    -Current Managerial Staff and Other High-Ranking Positions
    --Bilbo Appel (AKA BioApple), Founder, CEO, and Majority Shareholder (also designs and codes)
    --Grohdok AKA Giraffe Warlock, CLO (Chief Lurking Officer)

Shareholder - Congratulations! If you are a shareholder, you have admittedly very little say in the company's goings-on! But it's still some! Since we're rich and all, our shares are currently locked in at 0 pixels. We don't think this is ever supposed to happen, and we may in fact break the stock market by giving away shares. But that doesn't matter since all of our shareholders get metaphorical golden parachutes in case of stock market crashes (The management people get literal ones). (These guys aren't obligated to do anything mod-related, they're just here to show support or RP on our behalf. Submitting an idea for us will automatically get you on the list, but you can also just ask.)
    -Current Shareholders
    --Noc

Code of Ethics

By submitting an idea to the .01%, you acknowledge and agree that we may change your idea as we see fit and that the idea will probably not be posted in your name (we will give credit to you and whoever helps sprite and code, of course). You also acknowledge that we are allowed to use your idea, which means to the best of your knowledge it does not violate any copyrights or anything. Submitting your idea does NOT guarantee that we will attempt to mod it in, and we may accept or deny any ideas at our leisure. You also accept that your idea may be modded in as part of a pack with other submitted ideas.

Business Partners

-HeadCo
    -The Nervous Corporation
    Business Transaction Log

-HeadCo has agreed to allow us to mod their products into the game in return for credit for the ideas.
    -M'aiq has bought a nice formal robe for 400 px.
    -Kingofstarryskies has purchased two top hats, a monocle, and a parrot-sized monocle for a total of 955 px.
    -Manufacturing employee centor111's idea of a placeable "Grow-Your-Own-Floran Kit" is being considered, pending acceptance.
    -Vizendel has requested we mod in dyes for the game. We'll look at it but due to the strong possibility of dyes being ready in other early mods or even vanilla Starbound the idea is still being looked at.
    -King Piggy has requested we expand our modding to furniture, and we will probably do so.
    -Sgt. Sprocket has submitted (or at least his post gave us) an idea for a Colonial Powdered Wig for those who would like to make tasteful visual puns on whatever space colony they are banished to.

2. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

I eagerly await your products.

3. Noc

Noc Guest

This looks interesting, not sure I could be of much assistance though. I'd like to be a Peon temporarily, until I see some of your finished products. Then I might want to actually do alittle work for you, if you need it.

4. Your application, however informal, has been accepted. We've changed the label from "Peons" to "Shareholders", however, since our HR guy seems to insist the two aren't synonyms. Ah well.

Noc likes this.
  5. Opirian

Opirian Subatomic Cosmonaut

((Where exactly should I put you on the list?))

6. ((Misc. Manufacturing I guess, since we make vanity items.))

7. Opirian

Opirian Subatomic Cosmonaut

((Added to list))

8. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

M'aiq wishes to order some formal clothes. Max payment will be 1500p.

9. It's a deal. We've assessed the situation and hand-tailored the finest Tundra Cotton robes for you. Guaranteed to be smoother than silk, and they resist high temperatures, multiple washings, and... magic? That's a little odd...

In exchange for..? In cash that'd take almost 2 billion pixels, plus it's a matter best left to the stock market. If you've got a more interesting offer, though, I might be willing to part with some of my own shares.

WoxandWarf and Awesomized like this.
  10. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

How much will it cost?

11. ((Sorry, thought your max payment was your offer. As our first customer, we'll be happy to only take 400 px off your hands.))
    Rather paltry, I'd say. A mere percent of the company's stock would run you 150 million, and you're asking for 13%. I'm afraid I can't take the offer as is, but you're free to invest in the company with those funds if you wish.

((Please note that both of these responses are under the assumption of a 1:1 px/USD exchange rate (as I am not aware of any official wording otherwise), and I'm using Gap Inc., which has a market cap of around $15 Billion, as a reference for our own company. If I wind up editing these figures, please understand. Thanks.))

12. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

*Sends 400p to your bank account*

M'aiq will shop here more often!

13. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

I wish to purchase a replica of Sauron's armor

WoxandWarf likes this.
  14. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

Have you seen M'aiq's colovian fur hat? M'aiq lost it hundreds of years ago, but apparantly it's worth 90 planets nowadays.

15. Kingofstarryskies

Kingofstarryskies Pangalactic Porcupine

Ill take a monocole, two top hats and a mini tophat and mini monocole that would fit a tiny robot parrot.

16. Ah, a fan of the classics, I see. Good choice, we'll send you some of our finest products. Parrot accessories are not currently part of our stock (despite my flawless presentation at the Galactic Haberdashers Expo), but our manufacturer is very, ah... versatile, we'll say. Your order will probably sum up to about 955 px, and we'll notify you when we have manufactured your products. Please note that the miniature accessories must be designed and may take a while longer, and may run you an additional 90-130 px each for the trouble. Depends on how profitable we can make them.

17. Kingofstarryskies

Kingofstarryskies Pangalactic Porcupine

Deal. Ill pay almost any price! you make alot of money when your me.

18. centor111

centor111 Cosmic Narwhal

I would like to apply for a job at your fine corporation at the highest available rank!!!!!! My clientele database exists across the universe and involves various races across many dimensions. Some of my clients are: apex, avian, glunaughts, a few darkbound rouges, and gillans who seem to have problems with finding suitable clothing that is fancy as well as able to get wet.. I do also have 1 or 2 dragon knights who have a desperate need for fire retardant clothing. so I offer my services in exchange for a job at your fine establishment!!!!

19. You seem to have a large clientele, and we'd be happy to fulfill their orders. We'll consider you for a position in marketing and demographics. Do you have any references?

((BTW, due to the way this corp is structured you'll be listed under "Shareholders" in the OP regardless of your job. Who needs to make sense, we're in space.))

20. centor111

centor111 Cosmic Narwhal

References include: the king of omakron empersia 8, a space narwhale who is addicted to bacon, that guy from ancient aliens, a rotten mutated potato that tries to mug me with a chip ( but I end up selling him a bunch of useless stuff aka:wrappers) and a guy I keep on driving broke by selling him shiny things.

Some of skills are basic (developing) JavaScript coding, an ability to use the right grammar , I have a decent art program on my computer that I don't know how to use, I am nocturnal and I can make a good tasting milo that has all the milo dissolved.

Thank you for reading this application.