Modding Help Text formatting for dialogue

Discussion in 'Mods' started by millitone, Aug 8, 2019.

1. millitone

millitone Big Damn Hero

Hello, I'm trying my hand at a dialogue mod and I was wondering if there was a way to format dialogue text (ie. Italics, bold, etc)?

Mostly I'm looking to add italics. I would really like to add emphasis to a word or denote, like, the title of a book using it. I tried doing a Google search and looking through the dialogue modding section of the wiki, but couldn't find anything one way or the other.

Is it possible to add italics to dialogue? If not, is there a way to denote emphasis without accidently breaking code? I was thinking - for italics (-word-) and ' for book titles ('book title').

Examples:
    "I'm sure it's nice to see the *ahem* fruits of your labor. Heehee... Sorry, I can never resist a pun."
    "I read an very interesting article in Medical Monthly recently. Did you know half of all your bones are located in your hands and feet?"

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

None of the text in-game has any formatting like italics and bold. As for adding additional notes like using a dash for emphasis, that could probably work without breaking anything. But putting in actual italics and bold can't be done.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
      • millitone

millitone Big Damn Hero

Yeah I thought that was probably the case, I just couldn't seem to find anything that stated one way or the other for sure. Thank you for answering; I'll just continue using dashes when I want to denote emphasis then. :)