1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Tetrys' IRC Dictionary 1st Edition

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tetrys, Apr 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tetrys

Tetrys Subatomic Cosmonaut

Helloooo people of the Starbound forums. This is your favorite, but quirkily mutated, block-dropping game speaking (See avatar for understanding).

As the designated Bookkeeper of the IRC, I have chosen to compile a dictionary of all the wonderful, fun, and somewhat nutty vocabulary memes that are continuously born there, for your viewing pleasure (You know, since not a whole lot of you visit the IRC). I've no doubt that this dictionary is going to grow like wildfire and I'll do my best to facilitate that growth in order to bring you all the latest and greatest "words" we manage to spawn.

One final word of warning before we start however. I'm certain that the majority of you are aware of how easy it is for something to become "old", "stale", or simply no longer enjoyable when it's overused. While it might be tempting to use some of these in every other sentence you type, I have this to say: Don't. Use them when they'll actually add some comedic value. Mr. Moderator Marketh will be ever so thankful for your restraint.

Newly included words will be highlighted in a random, uniform color to set them apart.

And without further ado, let us begin!

a▪s▪d▪f (ā-ĕs-dē-ĕf) A tribute to all of those we've lost in the IRC. FungusTrooper: I miss asdf. See also: bungee
    jumper. Coined by ~ asdf

Baninja (bŭ-nĭn-jə) n. One who has ninja-like skills at banning. Applies to ops. Illuminatist: Marketh, you're like a
    baninja. Coined by ~ Illuminatist

Bungee Jumper (bŭn-jē jŭm-pûr) Someone who enters the IRC, asks a few questions, and leaves immediately after
    receiving their answers. Tetrys: Tiger: We had another bungee jumper today. Coined by ~ Tetrys​

Er▪for (ûr-fûr) n. 1. A mistake: You made so many erfors… 2. A mechanism activated when code cannot accept a
    certain form of input: NaturallyMade: OMG, minecraft has so many erfors. Coined by ~ TheSlaxx

Nerge (nûrj) v. To nerd rage: NaturallyMade: When the sit gets too hot, he nerge quits. Past tense: He nerged.
    Coined by ~ NaturallyMade

Lum▪vo▪lie▪vable (lŭm-vō-lē-və-bəl) adj. 1. Unbelievable: You are lumvolievable… 2. An expression of awe or
    appreciation: thefluvirus: It’s Lumvolievable! Coined by ~ thefluvirus

Sit (sĭt) n. A variation of everybody’s favorite fecally-oriented swear word: WrathPhoenix: I told you he was mad
    as sit. Coined by ~ TheSlaxx

2. Space Core

Space Core Pangalactic Porcupine

Awesome! so using these

Tetrys likes this.
  3. ForeverCopper

ForeverCopper Space Spelunker

Lol, I really like sit. Reminds me of trash talk in the old Halo days.

4. GermanJesus

GermanJesus Big Damn Hero

I should really get my ass over to the IRC. Sounds like a hoot with all those wacky quotes.

5. BlackSoulBlade

BlackSoulBlade Void-Bound Voyager

Sit should get a reference in Starbound.
    I'm not sure how, but it should.

6. Cobaltcakes

Cobaltcakes Cosmic Narwhal

Keep this updated and I will love you forever.

7. Tetrys

Haha. I'll see what I can do. I think I'll also have people keep track of what meme-worthy vocab comes up while I'm Paused (Haha. Sleeping) and send me blocks of the conversation so I can review them and add them appropriately.

8. ForeverCopper

ForeverCopper Space Spelunker

Just hoped on the IRC for the first time, seems like a fun place.

9. LadyAijou

LadyAijou Phantasmal Quasar

Love. This. SO MUCH! I definitely look forward to seeing this grow :rofl:

Tetrys likes this.
  10. thefluvirus

thefluvirus Contributor

I just had my first time on IRC, had a wonderful chat about Tijuri and eating penguins. This dictionary is perfect!

Tetrys likes this.
  11. J-block

J-block Pay it Forward

Can we get a IRC Megathread going on?
    There are too many Sub-IRC threads running about :1

12. TehEpikMonk

TehEpikMonk Spaceman Spiff

Please keep updating this.

13. Tetrys

That would be kind of nice if only because anything to do with the IRC doesn't really seem to fit anywhere but general discussion. I've only seen two IRC-related threads though (Including this one) so I'm not sure how likely that is.
    I wholly plan to do so.

14. Tetrys

Alrighty ladies and gentlemen, the IRC Dictionary has had it's first update. Not a whole lot of new words, but hey, things oughta pick up with time. Cheers. :)

15. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

AWWWW SIT!

Casimir likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.