Modding Help Testing Custom Events

Discussion in 'Mods' started by apiooo, Mar 26, 2017.

1. apiooo

apiooo Space Spelunker

Hi all,

I've had great fun playing around with the inner workings of Stardew Valley over the last few days, and I'm currently trying to create my own custom event.

This guide: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/guide-for-creating-custom-events.126394/#post-3053996, has been extremely useful, but one thing it doesn't touch on is the best way to test the events once you've coded them.

Maybe I'm just being dense, but short of loading up the game and then playing it until the particular parameters you've set for your event occur (Summer, Friendship 1500, etc.), I can't see a way I would test that the event actually plays out as desired.

Is there a way to force the game to just load and play the event? Or a well known shortcut like replacing the event triggers with a set of parameters that will trigger the moment you load the game?

Thanks!

• Hammurabi

Hammurabi Big Damn Hero

• apiooo

apiooo Space Spelunker

Thanks for the link. Using this + setting the event conditions to simply be "<Event ID>:" it triggers the moment I load up the game and warp to that area.

Once the event is working I just update the conditions to be what they should.

Much appreciated.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

That mod, combined with stuff like CJB cheats menu & Item spawner are how us modders test things most of the time, hope that helps :)