1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Terrible FPS for no discernable reason

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by enderwiggum, May 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enderwiggum

enderwiggum Space Hobo

Specs:
    GPU: GTX 1070
    CPU: i5 6600k
    RAM:16 GB
    Running from an SSD

I have been experiencing awful framerates since purchasing and installing this game. The game drops to 30 fps when it rains or when there are more than a few NPCs on screen. The game also hitches when warping to a new world or the ark as assets are loaded in piece by piece (my character is literally standing in a black void before the ground beneath him pops into existence). This sometimes happens even on the title screen.

I love what I've been able to play of this game so far and I'd like to be able to experience more of it!

Attached Files:

2. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

Hmm... I was going to say something about your CPU, but then I saw that it was pretty decent, my system has 8 threads instead of four at 3.2 GHz and runs 60 fps all the time. You have any mods installed or is it base game only?

3. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please use the big topic here (Link) for reporting FPS issues. So everything is in one place for a better overview.

Regards
    Iris Blanche

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.