1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Terrarias Death, Starbounds Birth.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by TheMurumasa, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gracie

Gracie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I just had this discussion in my video game design club earlier today. I connected with another Terraria player and his group of friends there; we're still starting new worlds and characters together every few weekends. And (at least until we get pulled away by Starbound's release), I don't see any reason that we'll stop. Even if the community becomes less active, as long as there are still a few people who want to play together, the game lives on. Or, heck, if you want to play alone. I've certainly enjoyed multiple hours of solo playing.

While there may not be any additional content updates, with a game like Terraria, a lot of the fun is generated by setting your own goals anyway. Did a content update prompt me to build a series of floating houses for two hours? Only as far as atmospheric gravity raised my desire to build upwards. I can foresee spending a nice chunk of my spring break building a fortress in a newly generated world because my old structures are in worlds before patches... and I suppose I won't have to worry about worlds becoming outdated anymore!

2. Herowho

Herowho Pangalactic Porcupine

Terraria isn't going anywhere for while. But it's definintely not going down. If Gaslamp Games comes in, then Terraria will continue to grow. If they don't, then Terraria will stay as it is, a great game. As long as it stays a great game, people such as myself will still comeback to play it.

3. Zzinged

Zzinged Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I reckon there's a difference between a game that suddenly pops out at retail and is sold 'as is' and one that sorta eases into existance like Terraria. It's like the difference between adopting a 30-yr old with a steady job and a family and adopting a baby then raising it as your own (or watching someone else raise it, as it were o_O) . Once you get invested in the baby and see it grow and develop throughout the years, you'd get mad too if it suddenly stopped growing both mentally and physically at the age of 12 :p Go away you pessimists, I'm not talking about the kid dying.

4. Ecchiholic

Ecchiholic Cosmic Narwhal

Terraria will not die, how can you say that? I still play it now and then with my friends and we have a great time together. The only problem I have with Terraria is: when you have the best gear and weapons there isn't much left to do other then building stuff. I hope Starbound will make that better.

5. Monta

Monta Subatomic Cosmonaut

I still wonder why people say that it's the "Death" of Terraria .

Many people are still playing it *sigh*

6. Zeldo

Zeldo Big Damn Hero

Pretty sure Terraria isn't going to die any time soon. Many multiplayer games stop being updated, but they don't die. People still play, because there's usually replay value. Terraria has a lot of that, in my opinion. In fact, me and my waifu just started a new world on Terraria.

7. Jan

Jan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't consider Terraria "dead" but it'd have been nice if they made a stable modding system for it before the project was cancelled. :( That way its playerbase can keep the game alive and popular.

8. remihhh7

remihhh7 Space Spelunker

terria forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Vos

Vos Void-Bound Voyager

Terraria is not dead at all, the game is just finnished. and i think it's awsome :)
    maybe someday Terraria 2 will be there (or an expansion) :p only time will tell (or something).

But Starbound... upcoming... *big smile*

10. Bman2095

Bman2095 Aquatic Astronaut

OMG Starbound looks so good I can't wait :D

11. triksa

triksa Aquatic Astronaut

i wish starbound would come out already and i dont think terraria is dead i mean,so much players still playin it and if a a gameis finished it doesent mean its dead you know ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.