1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Terrarias Death, Starbounds Birth.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by TheMurumasa, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Polar !

Polar ! Pangalactic Porcupine

:) I still play it sometimes, and it's still the same awesome game that I spent money on !
    A giant falls, but another one emerges, even stronger !

2. Wired

Wired Big Damn Hero

Thats a big IF though. But yeh, that would keep the game more alive.

3. SupremoPete

SupremoPete Void-Bound Voyager

Terraria isnt dead. It is like saying some old game back on the Playstation 1 is dead but people still go back and play those games again

4. TheEimas

TheEimas Subatomic Cosmonaut

I don't think Terraria really died. Red might get back to it or at least add a mod support.

5. Rarity

Rarity Pangalactic Porcupine

I recall many rumors over the life of Terraria that made me think about the direction Terraria was going. I guess at least now we have an official word on it. Red is either Brave or crazy to have said what he did, lol, but I digress.

6. Brain Maniac

Brain Maniac Industrial Terraformer

*yells* terraria... is not... DEAD! *stops yelling* Terraria won't have further updates, but everyone is like "Oh no further updates, this game is -Censored-* we can still play terraria, even with no further updates... i know, some people get bored if nothing new changes... but terraria is a sandbox... you can always make something new!

Polar ! likes this.
  7. Amen to that.

Brain Maniac likes this.
  8. dotUser

dotUser Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There was an entire argument in an IRC channel I chill out in over this. I would agree Terraria isn't "dead" so much as being a fixed point in time now. I'd like to think of it as being a timeline very far before Starbound. As if it were before they figured out space technologies and realised those books and stave's were just filled with electronic chips :p

Gracie and Brain Maniac like this.
  9. Rarity

Rarity Pangalactic Porcupine

The term sandbox always bothered me. You *can* make something new, but no matter what, it's still sand.

10. Cobalt16

Cobalt16 Pangalactic Porcupine

11. pikafan8

pikafan8 Phantasmal Quasar

Oh hey there, So many peeps from TO xD

12. doused

doused Scruffy Nerf-Herder

it Truly is sad to hear about terraria. but there will be so many games because of terraria. Redigit is an indie gaming legend now, Terraria had thousands of users the first day the first impression video came out. Now with starbound we should see Terraria in its finest light.

13. Xegan Hive

Xegan Hive Subatomic Cosmonaut

I look forward to seeing the direction Terraria goes now and I'm also looking forward to Starbound's birth later this year.

14. Afterscore

Afterscore Weight of the Sky

Saying the same things enough people have already said -

Terraria isn't dead, it's just hibernating for an unknown period of time.
    It's an expected part of the industry, not every developer has the passion or desire to continue working on the same game forever.

15. Drewdawg

Drewdawg Big Damn Hero

I was hoping to see that Cthulu boss added and another dimension. I don't prefer using mods because, for some reason I like it better if it's official. Mods also have a tendency to break in conjunction with other other mods.

16. Divotoo

Divotoo Master Chief

The problem with this thread is that Terraria isn't dead. When one company leaves, another one joins in- It's been said before here that there's a chance the Dungeons of Dreadmore team will take over. Terraria's not dying this soon, I'm sure of it.

17. DarkGollum

DarkGollum Space Spelunker

Terraria isn't dead. But i hope that at least Red have any respect for the community and give us a Mod api with the next ''fix patch''.

18. Jermex

Jermex The Stampede Forum Moderator

Starbound will exceed terraria in everyway.

I even asked if there was anything terraria did that starbound wont. And the answer was no.

hear that? starbound is everything terraria was and an infinite number of procedurally generated content more.

19. Maka

Maka Void-Bound Voyager

I feel odd.

I've never played Terraria before and I've never been very interested in it, but Starbound has me anxiously awaiting any form of news.

20. InvisibleClarity

InvisibleClarity Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ah, hello new forum. It's a bit too dark for my tastes. I suppose I'll adjust. Now, where were we? Oh, yes, the subject of Terraria. While I am a bit pissed at Redigit, I suppose I should be happy for him. Well then. This is my first post here; to those of you who recognize me, congratulations. To those of you who don't, hello.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.