Teraformers

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by KoalaMan2017, Jul 19, 2018.

1. KoalaMan2017

KoalaMan2017 Intergalactic Tourist

I don't see the point, why not just go to the actual planet that you are teraforming? I get microformers if you can't find a certain mini-biome but planets are easy as they are stated when you click on a star.

2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

The main use I can see is changing the biome of a planet (which is tied to its weather) while retaining its difficulty level (which is tied to its tenant rewards). If you build a colony on a volcanic planet, for instance, your tenants will give you far better rent than they would on a garden planet. But that means you'll be contending with ember showers igniting flammable building materials and hurting unprotected tenants, as well as meteor showers destroying blocks. Terraforming the planet into a garden world would change the weather patterns so that the worst you'd be dealing with is the occasional rain storm causing water to build up in confined areas. You can do the same thing to conserve dungeons and villages you may want to visit later for quest rewards and recruiting crew members, since they too will be at the mercy of destructive weather on higher-difficulty planets. There's many a story about players finding Glitch villages in the process of burning to the ground on volcanic planets.

3. Palicence

Palicence Void-Bound Voyager

I can also say that it is quite fun to get all the terraformers, and go around the world using them to create an abominable planet of every biome.

4. KoalaMan2017

oh ok, i was actually thinking of making a colony on a lava planet, would i need to terraform or would it be ok to just cover it with a non-flamable material? (i was thinking of building it in the sjy too).

5. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I'd suggest terraforming. Even if you use non-flammable materials, you're still at the mercy of meteors. I'm not sure if there are any blocks strong enough to resist them.

Though, I suppose you could find a mod that adds shield generators, and protect the colony that way.

6. KoalaMan2017

I just experienced this trying to build it, damn those things are merciless, i guess im gonna have to save up some venom.