Tenebre, Midnight Race

Discussion in 'Other Fan Creations' started by Kluex Avatar, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Kluex Avatar

Kluex Avatar Star Wrangler

I love the midnight planets. So I did some quick spriting and research, and came up with a race for them! I dub them Tenebre, after the latin word for darkness. They are carbon based, highly intelligent crystal lifeforms with pale skin due to the lack of sunlight. The chemistry works like this: The crystal is made up of different chemicals, and determines the color. The most common is azurite, a deep blue shade which is made up of carbonate/copper. (I'm assuming that carbonate is carbon, as that would really help out the science.) Anyways, they have sort of comfortable clothing style, things like togas and robes. I made two sprites, one with large eyes and one with small. Tell me which one looks better! Also, this is nowhere near done. This is really a rough sketch I made in like an hour. It will be refined later.
    Tenebre (6).png Tenebre (5).png
    I think I prefer small eyes, but the face needs some work.

2. Bamboozler

Bamboozler Space Penguin Leader

I prefer the one on the left but since you already have two made up would it be possible to have one for males and one for females?

3. Kluex Avatar

• No, I’m pretty sure eye size is not affected by gender.

4. Bamboozler

What's to say it doesn't in their case? ;)

5. Kluex Avatar

... Me. I would assume that the main thing affected by gender would be the same thing as humans, as that is the only thing they would need. Changing eye size would affect vision, and that is critical in the midnight environment.

6. Bamboozler

Actually studies prove that males and females have different eyes when it comes to humans. Females are known to be able to better recognise different hues. This may explain their bigger eyes?