Chat Tell Us Your Troubles Thread - advice & friendly chats

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BloodyFingers, Oct 22, 2013.

1. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

yyyyyyyeah, that could be rather scary for some people. For a lot of reasons.
    Anonymity and stuff.

2. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Yeah, I'll clarify something. The person I met in real life, after knowing her online, I knew for years and we had done many skype calls, regular phone calls, texting, etc. Even then, it was still a bit, uh, uneasy. But exciting nonetheless.

Edit: What I'm trying to say is "don't just go meeting random people from the internet," okay? Be smart. Be safe.

3. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

Yes, i would find that very hard. For me, the hardest part of my daily walk is having to say something to the cashier at the store, it is super scary. :c

I_am_the_Storm and BloodyFingers like this.
  4. BloodyFingers

Personally, I'd love to meet you all. But that's me being reckless as usual.

I_am_the_Storm, Pangaea and Surenu like this.
  5. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

It's intriguing, I'm extremely emotionally content. Events and or scenarios that would excerpt an emotional stimulus such as fear, happiness, sadness, anger, and many more enigmatic emotions, does not faze me as an individual.
    Frequently I ponder the ideology of it just being maturity, but through the years of experience and consistent study of other people I began to question the nature of my personal emotions and lack of generalized stimulus. I wouldn't consider anything wrong with me, I'm not sad, mad, or indulging in any negative emotions, I'm simply lacking them to some extent. Things that used to make me happy don't anymore, same goes for most emotions. Mind you though, I still do have them, they are just very dormant in nature, I would literally have to think about it before said emotion in question would be released. I wonder if I'm a psychopath haha.

What do you guys think haha
    Also should I update my mod? I'm kinda lazy but I have a dev copy on my desktop that includes additional features to my mod :rofl:

6. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Well, you say you still have emotions so it doesn't seem like full-blown apathy. Sounds like it could be constricted affect from what you describe. But I'm not a psychologist so talk what I say with some salt.

7. BigEaredKittens

BigEaredKittens Master Astronaut

I had another panic attack last night. Feeling a little bit crazy today.

Just a bit.

8. BloodyFingers

What happened? Did something trigger that?

9. LyricLyricandmoreLyric

LyricLyricandmoreLyric Phantasmal Quasar

Exams, am I right? I did the math, and i wouldnt be able to get a b in physics without getting 29/20 on the exam, so im screwed either way

10. BloodyFingers

Well, you know how addiction works, right?

You get a substance up on your brain, you feel the effects of it, and then eventually it wears off. Then your brain gets used to it and you need to raise the dosage in order to get the same effect. Standard stuff. Can the same happen with happiness?
    By happiness I mean that dopamine you get from doing something you like, that brought you pleasure. And your brain can get addicted to dopamine, meaning that even if you keep doing those amazing things, you won't feel the same thing again. I wonder if that's the reason behind my recent mood even though I'm in an amazing place right now. My early days here in Vancouver were fantastic. I was feeling super. But then... now I'm not feeling that way anymore.

BigEaredKittens likes this.
  11. BigEaredKittens

I think what you describe has more to do with becoming accustomed to/bored of your surroundings, rather than any type of addiction.

12. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

It's theoretically possible to become addicted to anything that provides pleasure, but i do not think that is what happened.

13. BigEaredKittens

Another solid, promising plan gone up in smoke upon first action. I cannot, in fact, pawn my stuff like I hoped. I have another phonecall to make, to see if a different opportunity is still available, about relocating to better area... but I'm afraid that'll go nowhere too. So I'm holding off on it...

Today I've been experimenting with my noose. I'm unsure of it being most effective, I'm expectingi t to be painful. Got note written up too, so my niece'll be ever-so slightly wealthier soon... probably. I bet if I do it, my family wont check on me until my corpse starts stinking up the house. Either that, or the kids'll find me. Ya'know, it's just good ol' akira, havin' a good ol' rot in the basement.

I need a lot of things, help being one of them.

Gah, this is such a fuckin cringy post...

14. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

We're here if you need to talk. This sounds all very serious. Please know, however, that you being dead would make a lot of us very sad, so I'd prefer if you just asked us for help. I think it's safe to say that noone here will deny you a listening ear, a shoulder to cry on or a helping hand.

15. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Ditto to what Surenu said. No one here wants to see you go.

BigEaredKittens and Surenu like this.
  16. BloodyFingers

Well, seeing as how I've been here for less than 3 months and there is still a shitton of things I haven't done yet, that seems unlikely. I should've gone to Tofino, but I've decided to stay for a dear person's birthday. Only to find out she doesn't give a shit about me anymore too.

Can't you use that slight wealth to get some much needed professional help? If you need to go somewhere else for it, look for any places that could take you, some institution running on charity or the like.

For all the dumb action pieces and absurdity going on screen, The Fate of The Furious had a very interesting line that got me thinking about it long after leaving the theatre:

"The only things we can really control is our own behaviour. Other than that, all we can do is provide information."

I_am_the_Storm and Surenu like this.
  17. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

I pretty much live by that quote.

BloodyFingers likes this.
  18. BloodyFingers

I'm not really a fan of the "don't kill yourself, or we'll be sad", mostly because there is nothing I can do about yours or anyone else's sadness upon my departure. It's too late now. I've already met you, I already like and care about you and I can't stop anyone, myself included, from eventually dying. So you're going to have to buckle up for that one way or the other. The only way for me to prevent someone from being saddened by my own death is by either making them absolutely WANT me to die for real, let them forget about me altogether or not meet them in the first place. And only one of those methods involve me interacting with people.

With that said, suicide solves nothing. It only denies you the chance to make things better before you leave, so there you go...

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  19. LyricLyricandmoreLyric

LyricLyricandmoreLyric Phantasmal Quasar

The way I deal with shit is I don't give a fuck. If you don't care about anything, it can't hurt you. Unless it's physical pain. Well... some people have worked around that too and like it. One time I was playing online on this game and someone in the chat was saying he were going to cut themself, and two other people started spazing out and trying to convince him otherwise, but he stood firm. One saw it couldn't be helped and tried telling to other one to leave him alone, but she wouldnt stop either, so they started arguing fiercely over it. The guy started to freak out and said he was going to leave and kill himself away from all the arguing, but they still argued. I walked up and pretty much told him he should just leave and if he really wanted to cut himself it was his decision, just don't do anything too extreme, so he left and I continued to play.
    :/

20. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Goddamnit I already know it's gonna be one of those nights...