Tell Me Your Ships!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Madidel, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Madidel

Madidel Void-Bound Voyager

Okay, story time: I was busy playing my newest save, about a year in, pursuing about five people at once (Penny and Leah because I wanted to see which I liked better, and Sebastian, Elliot, and Sam just because I haven't seen that much of them before and I wanted to know what their routes were like) when I found something a bit... odd. Namely, it was Sebastian and Sam. Now, these weren't the only routes I've pursued, as I've been playing this game for quite some time now, but I've never seen two single, eligible people who really insisting on being around each other as much as they did. It was pretty cute. After I realized that they both appeared in each other's routes, I started noticing that they were much closer than I originally thought, too. When Sam went outside to play video games, Sebastian would stand next to him and smoke; during the Luau, Sebastian would joke about the time when Sam dumped anchovies into the soup and got in trouble; during the Moonlight Jellies event, Sam playfully contemplated whether or not he should push Sebastian in the water. Even during times when Abigail was or was supposed to be around, it always seemed like Sam and Sebastian were off in their own little world whereas she was just tagging along, and I've never even seen her during their practices; practices in which they'd play for a while and then just sort of... stare at each other.

Now, I know just being around a person a lot doesn't mean that you like them. Sam is Sebastian's only friend, after all, and out of all relationships in Pelican Town, theirs is definitely the healthiest, which makes it only natural for them to want to hang out with each other more. However, with the way their dynamic just clicks, whether romantically or platonically, my first thought was: "Okay, people have to ship this." This is the internet, after all, and in a town where every single bachelor and bachelorette is basically pansexual, there's nothing in canon that says that they wouldn't be attracted to each other under certain circumstances. I mean, look at them. They're literally light and darkness, both in appearance and personality. They're the most stereotypical pairing to ever exist, completely with an obligatory third wheel that threatens to tear them apart. I was absolutely certain there would be a decent-sized following that wants those two to be together.

And so, because I love talking to people about well-crafted relationships and how much potential they have, I looked it up.

Aaaand nothing.

There wasn't a single fanart or fic, from what I could tell.

So this got me thinking. If people don't like these people together, who do they like together? Again, this is the internet, so not everyone is going to stop at just figuring out who looks good with their character. This brings me to my question: Which pairings do you love most in the game, disregarding any involving the player, and why? Alternatively, which are your least favorites? Do you only ship the ones that CA intended, or do you prefer thinking outside the box? If you've considered it, give it a thought, because I'm honestly curious to see how people view the characters and their relationships.

To get this started, I'll share a few of my more non-traditional ships:

• Sam x Sebastian. This one I've already talked about, but it's worth mentioning. It's just such a healthy dynamic, which is surprisingly uncommon in Pelican Town. I feel like they'd be the kind of couple that genuinely cares for each other while at the same time being able tease each other mercilessly without fear of accidentally stepping on any toes. Not many things would change if they were to actually start dating, except pet names and the fact that they'd live together (I'd totally support the idea that Sebastian would often playfully lock Sam out of the house late at night for something he did or said, leaving Sam apologizing for whatever it was and moping around on the stoop until Sebastian decided they were even), and sometimes that's the best kind of relationship to have.

• Penny x Alex. Yeah, it's a little weird, but hear me out. Penny's a sweet and considerate, yet no-nonsense type of girl. She loves and cares for people, but she refuses to be stepped on (unless it's by her mother, somewhat, but that's a different story). Alex is a pseudo tough guy who pretends to be a jerk to cover up the fact that he's incredibly insecure and still mourning over the loss of his mom. I feel like, if they were put into a position where they had to spend a lot of time together, it would be only natural for them to fall for each other. Penny wouldn't take what he dishes out and give him the scolding that he probably deserves. She'd demand respect, and after a while he would start giving it to her, and that's when her nicer, more affectionate side comes out. After that, it's only a matter of time before his sensitive side would be revealed. Remember, he loved his mom dearly, so to have someone in his life whose attitude slightly mirrors hers, even if it doesn't remind him of his mother, would at the very least make him want to trust her more. When he shows her who he really is, it would be in her nature to want to heal his wounds and the rest would kind of just fall into place. The reason why I ship these two more than I ship them with their respective default pairings is simple: they both have something that the other needs and can't get anywhere else. Alex needs someone who understands and helps with his pain, which, let's admit, Haley might be a little too insensitive to do. Meanwhile, Penny just wants stability and a family, which Alex would be so much more likely to provide than Sam, who wants pretty much the exact opposite of what she's looking for. It just makes sense for me to see them together.

• Leah x Haley. Think the player's route, but with someone who'd actually understand them, instead of just helping. Leah's a sweet girl who's a tad insecure about her art, loves nature and isn't ready for the reality of a suburban life, while Haley's a slightly stuck-up princess type who loves photography and fashion and slowly grows to love nature, as well. They seem pretty different, yes, but they have so much more in common than assumed at first glance. I think it would be their love of art that would initially bring them together. Haley would probably be down for displaying some of her photos in an art show, both because she likes attention and because she'd want Leah to be confident in herself enough that she'll assure her that she won't be doing it alone. After that, Leah could be the one to show her the true beauty of nature and bring out her more humble side, and after that, there would be nothing stopping Haley from just spending the majority of time in the forest, eating fruit salad with Leah and taking pictures while the other sculpts. They'd be an unconventional couple, but it would work well for them as that's exactly what Leah needs and Haley honestly doesn't seem like the type to prefer domestic life anyway. Plus, Haley would totally pick out Leah's clothes for her and I think it would be the most adorable thing.

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

I tend not to make up ideas about characters being romantically involved but I do find the whole Lewis and Marnie thing kind of cute. They try so hard to keep it secret and I'm not really sure why because they're both single, both successful, and near as I can tell, in the same age bracket. As much as I enjoy the comedy provided by them being totally obvious as they try *not* to be obvious, I would be happy to see them declare their feelings publicly and have no shame about it.

Other than that, if I had to pair up any of the marriage candidates I'd probably go for a Leah/Elliot pairing. They're both artistic people with an appreciation for nature, he's lonely where he is now, and I'm sure she'd be thrilled to be with someone who doesn't try to control every aspect of her life so...I could see that working.

• Madidel

Lewis and Marnie are one of my favorite canon ships, and I like the idea of Leah and Elliot, too. They're definitely better together than, say, Penny and Sam would be (they're childhood friends, bless their hearts, but they have absolutely nothing in common and with their conflicting visions of the future, they wouldn't last very long, I'm afraid). Plus, the fact that they both enjoy the area where the other lives means that they'll be happy no matter where they end up.

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
        • MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

YEAHHHH WALL OF TEXT
          THANK U BASED YOBA

these are very interesting observations and i like your ships! i have more platonic ships than i do romantic ships but hey i'll talk about them all anyway because it involves CHARACTER ANALYSIS. One thing I love about SDV is that technically anything can be canon so you don't really have "crack" ships. Isn't that weird? It's also amazing, since you can make most ships work without pulling too many strings if you really wanna go that far. I'm not really much of a shipper, but conversation like this is still so neat to me.

Here are some of my ships since i'm too lazy to write essays for all of them ( platonic marked by + and romantic marked by x)

Sebastian + Sam - It's hard for me to see them as romantic since I think they get along very well, but I feel like that barrier into relationship territory to the two (namely Sebastian) can't be reached easily. They come across to me as more brothers, which is how I write them (and my farmer marries sebastian lmfao) so it could be my bias. I think they provide wonderful contrast to each other much like what you explained and they are extremely close, as they're the only two who really hang out often. The only other two people i see together often are Maru/Penny and Alex/Haley, but that's maybe one day out of the week or one season rather than consistently through the year with Sebastian/Sam. I think they're very supportive of one another, but Sebastian probably doesn't rely on him for the really heavy stuff (family problems for example) and instead just has him for when he wants to hang out and have fun.

Sebastian + Harvey - After my friend married Harvey and we got to talk about a ton of headcanons about our spouses, I started to really like the idea of Sebastian and Harvey being friends. Harvey seems to have the biggest fixation on their "pairing" in the game, which for him would be Maru... but Maru really doesn't seem like she's interested at ALL. If she ever outright rejects Harvey if he confesses, I could see Sebastian consoling him and being a soundboard for if he wanted to talk about his struggles with Maru. After that, I feel like Harvey might follow him around like a lost puppy, lmao. They have huge differences (mainly in age, which is Harvey's problem with most people sadly) but I think their nerdier tendencies (I'm 99% sure they both collect stuff) and overall patience with each other would lead to a pretty good friendship. The thought entertains me.

Maru + Penny - While we don't see them together as often as Sebastian/Sam, I like to think that Penny is Sam and Maru is Sebastian. The half-siblings have a lot more in common than they give themselves credit for, and I see besties as no exception. xD Penny is always there for Maru for whenever she wants to wind down, and I really wish their friendship was explored more because I can see them as having a fantastic contrast. Maru is all about machines, the technical, the sciences, while Penny is all about the gut feeling, nurturing, and (for lack of a better word) faith. I feel like Maru is a good ground for Penny when she gets too worried about her future, while Penny encourages Maru and helps her relax when work is stressing her out too much.

Abigail x Haley - I don't have too much thought for this one since it's more like "it's cool" rather than "I absolutely love this ship", but the thought of the "goth" girl and the "prep" girl getting together IS HILARIOUSLY WONDERFUL and I want to figure out how to make it work. If we wanna get serious about this, I think Abigail would be good at teaching Haley to step out of her comfort zone and seeing the world as not so restricted, while Haley would be good for getting Abigail to go after her ambitions. They wouldn't get along very well at first, but both of them are certainly the odd-one-outs of town. Abigail doesn't exactly fit in anywhere because I think she tries a little too hard to be included (she kinda tags along with Sam/Sebastian and she just seems lonely to me) and coincidentally, Haley is pretty much the same. She's a little too pampered to really have a significant place in the valley, so I wouldn't be surprised if she was still trying to find herself and figuring out her passion (which ofc, turned out to be photography). It'd be interesting to see how they click, after the nasty beginnings and misunderstandings are taken care of.

Sam x Penny - I didn't really care for these two as a couple first, since I don't care for most of the "canon" (term used loosely) pairings, but after thinking about their dynamics with Sebastian and Maru, I dunno, I just think they fit together really well. Penny is good and sweet, and is more likely to see Sam more often due to her teaching Vincent. Sam is excited and eager where Penny isn't, giving them a good contrast but in a different way to the previous relationships I've blabbered on about. Both of them are very caring, they love children, and they're generally just a voice of positivity when it comes to valley (barring a few instances *looks at Luau* ). I think when they get tired of daily life and dealing with people, they can rely on each other and appreciate the goings-on of the present. I think they could be attracted to each other's kindness among other things- Sam probably admires Penny's dedication to teaching the children, while Penny adores Sam's various skills with music and skateboarding.

Elliott x Literally Anyone - I feel like Elliott only needs one requirement for him to fall in love, and that is- appreciation. An appreciation for the world, the arts, living, love, loving love, just, life. He is a little too eager to make friends in the beginning, so anyone really willing to give him time and to hear what he has to say or give his creativity a chance, then he can fall in love. I'm not saying he's desperate, but I think he is very passionate. Anyone with that same sort of passion is someone Elliott could go for. Poor thing is probably a hopeless romantic.

i am too tired to type any more right now so hey take these *throws confetti*

• LuthienNightwolf

Oh dammit I have to go grocery shopping in a few and Magic dropped a wall of text I wanna read. D: *resolves to come back later when she has the time to really read and not be distracted*

Nvm, I'm a fast reader and the boyfriend is taking forever to get ready. Liked!

• Madidel

YESS! WALL OF TEXT! If you don't mind, I want to discuss all of these in detail so here I go!

Sebastian + Sam - Like I said before, I can tell why people will ship them in a more platonic sense (and the fact that you married one certainly doesn't help, lol). They're really close and even if you don't like one of them, it's hard to deny how close they are to each other. Honestly, though, I just love the idea of them getting together. They just seem like the type to not really need to discuss their problems in order for the other to know about it, you know? I mean, they both have problems regarding their father (or stepfather in Sebastian's case) and while they don't seem to discuss it openly with each other, it's not really avoided as the topic is in Sebastian's home or something that the other isn't aware of like in Sam's. To me, it seems like it's real, and they know it, but instead of using each other as shoulders to cry on, they use each other as a sort of safe haven from the situation, for lack of a better word. Sebastian's a hard nut to crack, but I don't think Sam needs to crack him; he just helps by being present, doing stupid things and getting in trouble for amusement, and letting Sebastian tease him for one thing or another. In a romantic relationship, that would need to change (after all, what's a spouse if you can't talk to them?) but I guess I see that barrier as easier to break than it would be for anyone else. If one just up and said, "I know you're going through a rough time so I'm here to comfort you" I don't think the other would say no.

Sebastian + Harvey - I've never through about what would happen if those two were friends. Honestly, I think Sebastian would be a little annoyed at first. :laugh: It would be nice to see, though. Sebastian deserves someone who would fret over his health, and I feel like Harvey would be the person to do that.

Penny + Maru - YES! I love Maru and Penny together. They're adorable friends and I wish I would have seen more of their relationship in the game. I never really considered their contrast, though. Good eye on that. With Penny being more warm, emotional and caring, while Maru's cooler, more logic-minded and technologically inclined, their dynamic is really interesting and cute.

Abigail x Haley - WHY DIDN'T I EVER CONSIDER THIS?! I seriously squealed when I read this. They would be so cute together! When you ignore their initial appearances, they have a lot in common and honestly, it would be so incredibly adorable to see them tease and fight with each other until they finally warm up to each other. Abigail could scare Haley, Haley could team up with Caroline to force Abigail into uncomfortable dresses... it would be so petty and I love it. Plus, as Haley's terrified of the maze during Spirit's Eve, Abigail could be the one to dare her into going in, only for Haley to be the one to suck it up and protect the other when spiders come into the picture. They'd be so perfect together and honestly, thank you for giving me this wonderful new ship to work with.

Elliot x Literally Anyone - Oh that poor man. I agree with you, though. Being the optimist he is, he would probably see the positive side of anyone regardless of the circumstance, and if that "anyone" expresses an interest in what he's doing or, Yoba help them, give him a compliment, he'd fall so hard so quickly. He sees the beauty and potential in people you usually wouldn't look twice at so pretty much every relationship you put him in can turn into something wonderful really fast.

• MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

@Madidel
                Nice response! I'm sorry to say I don't have any good responses to make since i'm all explain'd out, but it was a good read. your explanation for sebastian and sam romantically is pretty cool and i certainly don't deny their closeness, but i use the "brother" term so much that it'd get weird for me seeing them as more lmao. your canon is as valid and good as mine, though! it doesn't help that i've written so much with them in my story. and very bro comics. really that applies to all my ships tho.

harvey totally would be annoying at first, but the poor guy tries his best. i like to see sebastian as fairly patient when it comes to people he likes (as opposed to the no patience with the people he dislikes)

you're welcome for abigail x haley, have fun with it xD

everyone should give elliott hugs and snuggles, he needs a soul mate

• LuthienNightwolf

Aww, I totally want to now, but it's so hard to catch him outside his cabin in the beginning. ;u;

I can see Harvey constantly harping on Seb to drop the smoking habit, that could get amusing. lol

• Madidel

That's pretty understandable. It's pretty cute as a platonic thing, too. I'm just a romantic at heart and they provide a wonderful amount of potential.

Oh, I hope Sebastian would soften a little over time. Harvey doesn't deserve to be grouched at.

Elliot does need a soulmate. I think he would appreciate the inspiration, as well.

He lets you inside after two hearts so I hope you can find him more easily than myself. He's seriously so difficult to catch. I didn't even know he existed until two weeks into my first game because he was so dang elusive.

Poor Seb. Poor both of them, actually. Sebastian doesn't quit until Sebastian wants and if you try to sway him you'll only get an earful. :laugh:

• Aurrelia

Aurrelia Aquatic Astronaut

Its odd. I really like the idea of shipping people in town, but I want to pair them with out-of-towners. Mostly so they grow more like they do with the farmer.

I do like the Alex x Penny one though.

I'd like to see Maru go off to a big technical school to do tinkering research and meet another grad student there. And he'd soooo worship her:)

I'd like to see Sam move to the city, find serious band mates, and try his dream. Then maybe he'd get the experience under his belt that'd make him more appealing to me. And find a gal who'll keep him in line, like his mom does.

Alex needs to find direction and grounding. Maybe heading off to a farm team somewhere to play, and where he finds other things he's good at... And a girl who makes him want to start a family. Then he'll be able to grieve his mom properly.

Harvey I'm still not friends with very well. But i can see him with a teacher or another intelligent gal who'll appreciate his quiet ways and super snuggles I hear so much about on the forums. :) (Perhaps a fem-Elliott?)

Seb, needs his own place but not in the city with Sam. He's hard working like his mom and I can see him with a variety of gals. He has the seriousness that some of the other boys are missing, he's just lacking a reason to settle down.

Leah I see with someone not Elliott-like. A vet. Someone who's strong for her but soft in the right ways to really foster her creative spirit.

I'll need to finish tomorrow... I'm getting sleepy

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

Maru x Harvey is a quasi-canon relationship (they dance together at the flower dance, at least), but neither one has the gumption to ask the other out, so unless you have a meddling third party to get a fire lit under someone, this pairing is D.O.A.

Leah x Sebastian. Someone needs to pull Seb out of his emo cave and into the sunshine. Leah needs someone grounded with his own internet business up and running and able to act as a venue for selling her art. Robin would VERY actively help Leah, once she realized what was going on. This could actually be a quite well balanced pairing.

Haley x Elliot. Hear me out before bringing the torches and pitchforks. Sure, Haley and Alex are pretty much glued at the hip in canon, however Elliot is quite physically attractive, has oodles of romantic drivel he can spout off, and has a seaside shack for... privacy. Yanno. Watching those glorious... er... sunsets! I was gonna say sunsets! I bet Elliot could woo her away from Alex if he tried.

Penny x Harvey. Penny's going to be forward enough to get Harvey's attention, which Maru never will. Furthermore, Harvey, while very intelligent, needs a practical woman like Penny around to make sure he keeps up with all those little details. And Penny will at least be certain that Harvey will never be abusive, like her mother. So he's 'safe', smart, has an established respectable business, and available to get her out of Pam's trailer.

• RaineShadow

RaineShadow Industrial Terraformer

Didn't really think of these pairings, but now that you explained them, I can see them happening. They would actually be pretty good together.

• Ambaaargh

Ambaaargh Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I came into this thread and was delighted by there being fellow Penny x Alex shippers out there. I was all expecting to be an odd one out with that but I always thought they worked better as a combo than the defaults. Like, (all aboard the spoiler train! CHOO CHOO) Alex has mentioned no love for his father, who was from what I gathered a drunk and kind of abusive before walking out on him and his mom. Half his motivations in life is "I don't want to be like my dad. I want to be better." and considering Penny's situation with her own father...I always thought Alex would be beyond loyal and wanting to stick it out through thick and thin. And I think Penny of all folks would appreciate someone having a zeal to pursue their dreams.

I also felt that Sam x Abigail made a bit more sense in perhaps not in a "gonna work out forever OTP", but the two of them have such a young "go out in the world booyah!" sense where they both dream fairly big that I always thought they'd make a great Scooby Doo duo where they are touring the roads and stopping at every spoopy reported to be haunted house on the way. Especially since in the halloween maze its shown that A: Abigail is afraid of spiders and B: Sam made it father past the spiders therefore is not. So he's obviously prime spider-chasing-out-of-house material which is a really underappreciated skill in households. Would it last? Who knows, maybe not. But the two always struck me as the youngest and the two that would fare best from spending years traveling and seeing the world versus settling into small town.

• Madidel

Wow, a lot of responses while I was gone. Since it's late and I'm tired, I can't reply with lengthy posts like I normally would, so I'm just going to try getting through it for now.

Maru needs someone to worship her (and be impressive enough to get good ol' Dad to lighten up) so that'd actually work out pretty well.

Yes! I feel like he has a great deal of growing up to do before he can really settle down fully. Yeah, his Mom keeps him in line, but she also spoils him to a staggering degree (like she gave him no chores at all??? in his life??? that kid would be lazy as hell) so I think he'd benefit from being on his own and learning to do his own laundry and cook his own meals before he gets into something serious.

That's exactly why I think he'd fit so well with Penny. She'd offer him the grounding and nurturing that he so obviously lacks.

Why not just regular Elliot? Lol. He's plenty intelligent and would enjoy a good snuggle. Maybe Penny if you're not too cool with the gay thing.

Exactly. I feel like that someone would have to be incredibly important to make Sebastian want to settle down. He's just a loner by nature, so not many people would make him want to work for that kind of thing.

Yeah, that's true. Plus, they're both pretty unconventional with their way of living, so she wouldn't see the relationship as stifling and rather free enough to let her live without stress.

Oh, that's what they are? I was always under the impression that Maru was annoyed by the idea. :laugh: Maybe I just didn't get to know her well enough. Either way, though, it would be cute to see them both floundering while trying to figure things out.

I actually didn't think about this one, but it does make sense. I feel like Leah would be the type to enjoy pulling back Sebastian's many layers to see the full picture of who he is, too, so it might actually work pretty well.

This ship I've heard before. They are considered the "pretty" people in town, so I'm surprised it would be debated at all. I feel like Haley would have to step up her game and take a philosophy class or two to keep his interest, though. :laugh:

This one I've though about and it makes a good deal of sense. I feel like they'd make quite the functional couple together.

Nope, your ships are pretty normal. It seems that most of mine are the odd ones out. :laugh: Ah, well. You never know which mindsets the fandom will develop. I'm so glad you like Penny x Alex, though, because I wasn't expecting that one to gain much traction. Alex would love Penny's maternal-ness and motherly nature, too, so they'd both be equally enamored with each other.

Oh man, why did I not think of that? They would fit pretty well together if they gave it a shot. At least Abigail would be better with Sam than she is with Sebastian (I mean, seriously, they match aesthetically and like caves but I repeatedly get the feeling that she kind of... bugs him??). They might not work in the future as they grow into different people, but they're perfect for a white-hot whirlwind romance and I can definitely see it happening.

• TrashyVerse

TrashyVerse Aquatic Astronaut

Shane X Myself ; 3

MoonlitBrenya likes this.
                                • StardewPally

StardewPally Big Damn Hero

I ship Clint and Emily. Clint is a bit of a beta, but I've always had sympathy for the underdogs and Emily seems like such a sweet-natured girl that she wouldn't see his sweaty exterior if he could find the confidence to open up and let her in. I mean Emily is an odd duck herself (do you see her dancing by herself at festivals?) so I imagine she's lonely as well. They're both crafters as well, so if they ended up together she could open up shop with him. Clint selling smithed goods and Emily selling clothes!

I don't exactly *ship* the next one, b/c they're so young, but I imagine Jas has a crush on Vincent, and Vincent is still too young so he's like 'yuck' and runs away, but she always tags along right behind him, catching bugs and exploring the sewers, going to the beach together. I think it's age-appropriately cute.

I also think Marlon and Gil are gay. I mean, they spend all their time in the mountains together, sleep in the same room. Seems sort of natural to me that they'd gravitate towards manly love. I know Marlon said something about Marnie looking nice at one point, but unless they start knocking boots I'm convinced he and Gil...you know...keep each other warm at night.

An odd pairing, but I think Shane and Pam could bond over their mutual alcoholism and unemployment (until Pam gets her bus driving job back, which is ill-advised given how much she loves to drink. I remember giving her that pale ale she wanted and then immediately leaving for the desert, lol!)

As for the main bachelors/bachlorettes I've not really imagined anything too in-depth, but my farmer is a little jealous of Elliott because of his relationship with my wife Leah. Also, because of that fabulous 'maybe it's maybelline' hairdo.

I ship Haley and Alex because they're both conceited and he's a handsome jock and she's a pretty princess prom queen, so I imagine them as being highschool sweethearts that get married at 18, 3.5 kids by their mid twenties, miserable by their thirties with Haley drinking wine before noon while she posts inspirational quotes on Facebook and contemplates cheating with the new office temp, and Alex bitter, balding and obsessed with the girdball career he never had. (lol, okay I never really imagined anything too in-depth before but that little story just sort of blossomed in my head as I wrote their names together!)

I ship Maru and Sebastian, but keep in mind that they're not actually related...at least I don't think so. I'm pretty sure Robin had Sebastian and Demetrius had Maru before they ever got married, making them step-siblings. Anyway, I imagine that their "sibling" rivalry just fronts for the simmering sexual tension. I don't see Maru as being interested in Harvey and I don't see anyone *really* being interested in Sebastian unless they spend a lot of time with him. (I know, I know, all you Sebastian lovers out there...It perplexes me. Seb is my least favourite character, the sulky emo twerp. I even like Shane better than Sebastian)

I ship Penny and Elliott b/c Elliott is such a flowery sweetheart and that sort of jazz really works on the maternally-minded Penny.

I ship Abigail and Leah, or Abigail and Haley or Abigail and Penny. I mean any which way, I see Abigail as a lesbian. I don't exactly know why, but I do. Maybe because she reminds me of Marceline the Vampire Queen, who I also ship with Princess Bubblegum. I don't know, but whichever girl I have paired in my head with whichever guy, if for whatever reason that pairing is closed off there is always Abby lurking in the periphery hoping to score some country bumpkin lady

I don't really see Harvey with anyone, or Sam with anyone. Harvey is a perpetual loner, but Sam'd probably find some band-chick once he goes on tour. Just not a Stardew Valley girl.

Oh, on a more subjective note: I pair my Void Chicken Peckingham Palace and my rabbit Hazel-Rah. That black chicken is *always* following that rabbit around. Like, it's weird, whenever I go in the chicken coop he's always near one of the rabbits and when I go and pet them, it turns out its (nearly) always Hazel-Rah. When they're out in the yard, she'll hop away and he'll follow wherever she goes. I'm starting to think if I leave them alone for too long I'm going to start finding Cadbury Creme Eggs in the morning!

• LuthienNightwolf

Actually, Seb and Maru are half-siblings - same mother, different dads. ;D

And, I'm also guilty of giving Pam a beer right before I make her drive me to the desert, as well as giving Marnie and Robin cake and spaghetti while they're at their aerobics class. I'm a terrible person. >u<

That's adorable about your chicken and your bunny though, I've never noticed if any of my animals "hung out" together, I usually just click and run. lol

WonkoTSane42 likes this.
                                    • StardewPally

StardewPally Big Damn Hero

:lod: Sebastian and Maru are siblings? That's a little more illicit, but hey who are we to judge? The heart wants what the heart wants! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lilly_ampleton likes this.
                                      • LuthienNightwolf

Well, it certainly didn't stop Cersie and Jamie Lannister, but then again we see how well *that* turned out. >u<

Stryder87 and MoonlitBrenya like this.
                                        • Madidel

:laugh: He makes a pretty good drinking buddy, for sure.

They do share a few things in common, like their love of gems and the like. It's one of those ships that would require a push to get where it needs to be, though, since Clint's normally too shy and Emily's oblivious of his affections (and quite possibly his existence).

Young love is always a cute topic, so I'm not against seeing Jas have a crush on Vincent. It definitely sets up the scene for them to fall in love later.

As for Marlon and Gil, yes. The more I spend time in their presence, the more they start to look like some old married couple. Just because Marlon has a thing for Marnie doesn't mean that he can't take solace in the embrace of another man.

Shane and Pam... may actually work on the level that they understand what the other's going through, but I can't see a worse way of handling alcoholism than finding someone with the same habit and just sticking to them. Plus, wow would Penny hate that. :laugh: It's like her worst nightmare come to life. They would be good for each other if they actually ended up helping each other out and comforting each other, but dating a person who makes you want to continue your worst habits normally ends in disaster - or maybe that's the appeal of it all. I'm definitely down for shipping people who are absolutely going to end up killing each other.

Oh yeah, that would definitely be where their relationship was heading. They would be the most insufferable suburban couple to be stuck at a PTA meeting with, good lord. :laugh:

Yeah, Sebastian and Maru are related. They share a mom. If they were just step-siblings or something like that, though, I'd be able to see it. (Also, I don't like men so I can't say for sure, but I think I heard that most people were drawn to the awkwardness behind the dark facade. He appears mean on the outside, but really he's a grump that has no idea how to talk to people and so he just chooses to close himself off. Plus, it's always nice to see someone who appreciates his mother.)

Penny and Elliot would work pretty well, actually.

Oh my, she does kind of give off that vibe, doesn't she? I'm totally down with that headcanon. Abigail circling a dying relationship like a vulture in hopes of getting laid is my new favorite visual.

Yeah, true, probably. I mean, there are only so many personalities out there and not all of them will fit with each other.

Aww, that sounds adorable! It's definitely cuter than my farm, where the animals pretty much ignore each other.