1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Teleporting Tenants

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by ZenofireX, Aug 31, 2016.

1. ZenofireX

ZenofireX Void-Bound Voyager

The Problem was with a Mod I had (Squids in Space: A Splatoon Mod) and has been solved via an update.

I've tried searching, so maybe this is just me...

One tenant I have keeps teleporting back to the deed when I talk to them. It wouldn't be a problem, but whenever I get a quest from them, it instantly fails. It only happens with this one tenant, but its hapoened before in another game. It was resolved by rearranging the layout of the cabin, but now I've tried rearranging the furniture and still no change. Is there a criteria for room size or something I'm missing?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Attach your starbound.log please. Maybe something else is failing with the tenant and you'e only experiencing side effects of this.

~ Iris ~

3. ZenofireX

I have attached the Log.
    I am using the mods:
    Squids in Space: A Splatoon Mod
    NyaaTech Character Creator
    Weapon Fusion Station
    Weapon Stats
    A.S.R.I.E.L (S.A.I.L Replacement)
    RWBY Outfit
    Food Rot Dots
    Container UI Tweak
    Perennial Crops
    Improved Containers

Attached Files:

4. Iris Blanche

I assume your tenant is a merchant. The file /npcs/merchantpools.config is corrupted by a mod (the error is: Error parsing json: bad object, should be '}' or ',' at 54:6 )
    Which mods were updated when the issue starts to happen? When finding said mod report this error asap to the author so he can fix it :)

EDIT: the files /dialog/converse.config and /dialog/arrivedhome.config are also somehow corrupted.
    I highly assume it's the Squids in Space mod.

~ Iris ~

5. ZenofireX

Well, it's been happening ever since I got tenants so I wouldn't know the timing between updates and this bug, since I'm a new player. Also, I don't think its a merchant becuase I don't have any merchant items placed.

Here is a screenshot of the room:

Attached Files:

6. Iris Blanche

Then it's failing because of the dialog.config Since you don't have that much mods i'll download them and look through the files.

~ Iris ~

7. ZenofireX

Thank you, sorry for all the trouble.

8. ZenofireX

I found the problem! It was with the Splatoon mod which was caused by attempting to add Inklings as NPCs. The mod has been updated a few hours ago, so a quick restart of the game fixed it.

Thank you for your help Iris!

9. Iris Blanche

I just wanted to suggest this step and ask about updating xD

~ Iris ~

Ankali likes this.
  10. ZenofireX

Still, you were very quick to respond and got me on the right track of thinking. I appreciate it. I'll go ahead and mark this thread as solved! Thanks again!

Ankali and Iris Blanche like this.