teleported to an random planet (version 1.1.1)

Discussion in 'Games' started by DerRoteBaum, Oct 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. DerRoteBaum

DerRoteBaum Intergalactic Tourist

Hey,

a short while ago I beamed me up to my rocket and left the game. Later I returned, beamed down, but I was on an planet where I never was before. I thought it was a bug because I played multiplayer before. An hour ago I wanted to play but the same problem occured again. Now it's not that good, because I have to do qests on the planet I was before. How can I get back to the planet without using the airship? (because I have no fuel)
    Thanks for your help

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  2. noelscrap

noelscrap Space Hobo

Same thing happened to me when I accidentally shut down my computer. My ship was suddenly transported to a random planet.

This occurs because if Starbound doesn't correctly save when you shut down, you lose your ship location, teleporter bookmarks, and possibly even artifacts.

Don't worry! The coordinates of your planets are still there, but you may have to redo some main quests.

1. Travel to a moon in your current star system. No fuel required.
    2. Mine the crystals and liquid.
    3. Run away from the ghosts (who cannot be killed).
    4. Put them into your fuel tank

1. Go to your Starbound folder, go to storage, then player.
    2. Open a .PLAYER file, not a .BAK file (Starbound makes a backup file in case this sort of thing occurs, but since, you restarted Starbound twice, the backups are useless).
    3. Use Ctrl+F or similar to search for words in the text.
    4. Make sure you have your main character by searching for their name in the text. If it appears, that's your character's file.
    5. Search again, this time for your planet's name (if you remember it)
    6. Forgot the name? Search for Planet. Underneath the highlighted Planet is a list of the planets you've been to.
    7. Each planet has the coordinates under them.

You will see a line similar to this:
    targetWorld/CelestialWorld:427259434:949850827:-206803508:9

The middle two numbers are the X and Y coordinates (the ones I made bold).

8. Key them in to your ship. Find your planet.
    9. Just in case, use the Bookmark feature (to the left of the GO button) to bookmark it. Note that the game can wipe the bookmarks again if you do a "hard shut down" on your computer, or it crashes, etc.
    10. Do you have flags on your planet? These are bookmarks for your teleporter. You will have to re-place them again to make them work again.
    11. Make regular backups every day of the player and universe data, by duplicating the storage folder. Rename the duplicated folders to the dates they were copied.

I hope this helped you!

I make backups every day, just in case. You probably won't need to use these - if it happens again, just repeat these steps - but just in case your entire character/progress is gone.

If you are still having trouble, make sure to contact me.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  3. noelscrap

noelscrap Space Hobo

If you're still having trouble (although the method worked for me), try this:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=430309586

Somebody made this guide, but it's really old. Still works, though.

Basically, go into the universe folder instead of the player folder in storage, then arrange the files by Modification Date. The second file should be your planet (the first one is the one you just beamed down on to).

Insert the coordinates into your navigation console and see if it's your planet. If not, try the other planets in the universe folder.

4. DerRoteBaum

DerRoteBaum Intergalactic Tourist

Ok, thank you