1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Telekinesis Tech - drag and drop your enemies

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by lonesurvivor, Dec 10, 2013.

1. lonesurvivor

lonesurvivor Big Damn Hero

This thread is outdated and will not be maintained any longer. Look at the mod database for the version: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/telekinesis-tech.136/

Hey guys,

don't you know this situation when you just want to peacefully wander over your home planet on a nice, sunny sunday, and suddenly you get attacked by hordes of monsters appearing out of nothing? And of course, you did only take your crappy sunday sword with you. Goodbye cruel world... :(

Well, not anymore! Just get this brand new telekinesis technology and you will be able to just grab your enemies with your mouse and throw them whereever you want.

[​IMG]

I finally managed to get some script control over the monsters in the world and decided to make this awesome piece of technology. Just activate the tech by pressing F, and you can drag and drop all the monsters you want to play with ;). It's simple as that!

Well, this is experimental technologie, and so there can be some problems:
    - It can be quite laggy to use that, depending on how many monsters are on the screen and how fast your computer is.
    - sometimes, especially if you move while have a monster grabbed, it can bug out and fly away. the same thing happens when you move the mouse too fast while dragging. You need to get used to it a bit.
    - there are no animations or sounds in it at the moment. i want to focus on the functionality first.
    - the monsters will not take fall damage
    - it works only with monsters and birds at the moment (however, adding it to npcs should not be a big issue)
    - I didn't try it on multiplayer, it may work or not

Right now it uses no energy and is available from the start of the game. It works only with walking monsters and birds. Like my UFO mech , it is made to play around with and try it out. I plan to integrate it into the game later when it is more balanced and i have some more mods to combine it with.

Game version: Indignant Koala

---Installation---:

Look at the mod database: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/telekinesis-tech.136/

Now, have fun! :)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
    M C, CalamityQuote, Artem and 2 others like this.
  2. ShadedBlade

ShadedBlade Phantasmal Quasar

This seems too fun to pass up. I'll try it right now.

3. lonesurvivor

Please tell me if it worked for you

4. mdHD

mdHD Scruffy Nerf-Herder

once i press f the tech activates but i cant pick up any of the monsters.

5. Kirigaya Kazuto(Kirito)

Kirigaya Kazuto(Kirito) Phantasmal Quasar

Nice mod seems fun ^.^

6. Syviery

Syviery Starship Captain

This mod looks pretty awesome, I will give it a try once I get my Star Bound fixed!;)

7. lonesurvivor

Thank you ;) Just updated it for the new game version,

8. Kirigaya Kazuto(Kirito)

Kirigaya Kazuto(Kirito) Phantasmal Quasar

Lol i just tried it on SB and with this really laggy computer I just lagged to death whenever i tried to use it :rofl:

9. lonesurvivor

Hm sadly I can't do anything at the moment against that. I hope there will be an advanced lua API soon, so I can code it more efficiently (and let the enemies actually take damage when smashed to the wall)