WIP 'Teens' to Mid to Late 20's [Elliot Added]

Discussion in 'Portraits' started by elyneara, Mar 18, 2016.

1. tiffy961

tiffy961 Pangalactic Porcupine

Ah, I'm just glad to hear it's still worked on. Rally thankful for your hard work :love:

• bertglamga

bertglamga Intergalactic Tourist

I really love all of this, your edits look AMAZING! I'd like to second an Elliot remake, though, where he looks face-first. All of the ones I've seen of him are too much like his old, younger, thinner self, though, and are not nearly as manly as he seems now from the side. Thank you so much!

• tiffy961

So I have no experience with modding whatsoever but I love these mods so much that I just -have to- offer my help.
        If there is anything I can help you with (designing the characters or maybe try myself in pixel-art) please feel free to write me a message.
        I'd be happy to assist you.

• elyneara

elyneara Void-Bound Voyager

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Alex WIP. I don't think he needed a lot of actual edits, just some palette swaps. His color palette was very... aggressive. Changed his jacket to a neutral, slightly darkened his skin, darkened his hair, have him some scruff, and did glasses, as is my weakness. I also did sunglasses because he seems like the kind of guy who would wear sunglasses all the time.
          Oh, and I got rid of his butt-chin, hated that

edit:

[​IMG]
          Elliot WIP; Short hair, redder hair, no more tie, glasses, pencil in ear, soul-patch

let me know what you think!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
            Jokerine and lannihamm like this.
          • Epitome

Epitome Void-Bound Voyager

Looking good! Super glad to see you're still updating.

• Spudli

Spudli Scruffy Nerf-Herder

very interested in seeing elliot :D

• tiffy961

Oh gosh. Elliot looks 1000 times better. I love it.
                Still waiting for the Sam Sprite <3

• Gabaw

Gabaw Spaceman Spiff

This is what young adults look like, Japan. Yeah I'm calling you out! Anyway, these are excellent. I'm definitely looking forward to additional portraits. I'll most likely be using these across the board for the time being.

elyneara likes this.
                  • elyneara

Working on Sam's overworld right now. I'm going to condense his designs down, I like jokerine's variant a lot I just want him to have a leather jacket instead of denim. so if anyone was REALLY attached to the T-shirt, tie or yellow shirt with leather jacket let me know or I'll just take them down for the improved one :)

tiffy961 likes this.
                    • Nivea

Nivea Starship Captain

Nice, I really like his new version! Anyway to get him without the glasses though, I love glasses but I dont want everyone to have them on?

• bertglamga

bertglamga Intergalactic Tourist

Can you also do the yellow shirt+leather jacket version of Sam? I really like it, and also the fact he doesn't have glasses in it.

• tiffy961

Great work as always!
                          I'm really quite attached to the non-glasses version of him! Which clothes I don't care but I prefer him without glasses. Would that still be possible?

• Jokerine

Jokerine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hope @elyneara is OK with me making an edit for you, @tiffy961. Here you go. Both sprite and portrait edits of the final version, but without glasses :)

By the way, your avatar with the blue hair is not a portrait mod, is it? It looks like Leah with blue hair. That would be cool to have :)

Attached Files:

elyneara and SundayLion like this.
                            • elyneara

Thank you Jokerine! I'll post your no-glasses version as soon as I am able to.

Jokerine likes this.
                              • Jokerine

You're most welcome! :)

• tiffy961

Awww, thank you for that!

No my avatar is not a mod. I'm rubbish at modding, haha. I just decided to cut together some people to make a portrait of the character I'm playing.

• Jokerine

Perhaps I should try to make a blue-haired Leah portrait one of these days then :p

And back to the main topic, I can't wait to get Elliot! He looks tons better! :)

• Sarah_Kixira

Sarah_Kixira Void-Bound Voyager

I LOVE what you are doing here, your mod of Sebastian really helped me fall in love with him haha. Also I CAN NOT wait for your Elliot, I have been searching for a version of him with shorter hair and you are the first person i have seen do it! thank you! i can't wait.

• swingrocket

swingrocket Orbital Explorer

I just wanted to say that I really love this mod. Thanks to you I'm going to marry Maru. ♥

• nakakita

nakakita Void-Bound Voyager

I really like these! but I do have a couple comments on Elliot? He had dialogue talking about his hair, how it's annoying to brush and tangles a lot, but he refuses to cut it because he's vain. Also, if you marry him he occasionally has recurring nightmares that you give him a buzz cut. Soooo.. at least consider doing a long haired version to match his dialogue? His hair is important to him. xD

The Maru, Sam and Sebby edits are seriously A+ though.