1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Techs and hook stopped working

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Stu Alpha, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Stu Alpha

Stu Alpha Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't know when it happened but I can't activate any of my techs anymore and the grappling hook has also stopped working entirely. Suiciding had no effect on the problem.

Attached Files:

Tela The Floran and Flanrolls like this.
  2. Flanrolls

Flanrolls Void-Bound Voyager

Same problem here I went on my save today and all my techs stopped working.

Tela The Floran likes this.
  3. simonswire

simonswire Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yes, same problem here, tech doesn't work at all ; BTW steam hasn't earlier beta for me to load in the properties option. Dun know mods or starbound's update cause the problem.

Tela The Floran likes this.
  4. Stu Alpha

Stu Alpha Scruffy Nerf-Herder

5. Tela The Floran

Tela The Floran Aquatic Astronaut

I have this issue as well with only one character. I was exploring the underground of a planet when my techs and rope stopped working. I do NOT have the XS Mechs Weapon mod installed, either. I have 850+ hours in the game and now I can't play it because an essential part of the game is broken. If you need me to attach the mods I am using, just ask.

Attached Files:

6. Tela The Floran

Bumping this thread because my issue still has not been resolved. This is still an issue I have with the game that has not been fixed, so I'm necroing this. Here is my log again. I can't play this game right now because an essential feature of it is unusable. I would like help with this issue because I have put 850+ hours into the game and I am still unable to play it.

Attached Files:

7. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

All i can see in the log is that some items can't be instantiated (dbblishlok6, dbblishlok, rcwtom, rcwtomopt megashark, meowmere)

Did you remove a mod from the game when this issue started to happen? Can you try to use the techs and hook and then attach the log from this try? It should list some errors then which should make it possible to pin down the problem.
    For what it looks to me is that one of the mods is causing this problem.

8. Tela The Floran

I recognize a few of those item names. They're from the Tommy Gun mod pack and the Terraria modpack. Should I remove those two and then try again? And I actually added one an hour or so before it happened. The RPG Growth mod.

9. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

You can try this yea but the best is to follow the instructions above, try the hook(s) and the tech(s) and then provide the log directly after it. If the techs and/or hook fails it will most likely be logged and then it'll be easier to track down. :nuruhappy:

10. Tela The Floran

I removed the Terraria and the Tommy Gun packs and tried the techs and hook again many times. Nothing happened.

Attached Files:

11. Tela The Floran

Bumping again because it has been over two weeks and the problem has still not resolved itself. I removed the Tommy Gun and the Terraria packs, and even the RPG Growth pack and my one character still cannot use their techs or their hook. Here is my .log file again. I'd really appreciate a fix to this issue because it's a Floran character and I really do like Floran a lot. :c

Attached Files:

12. RoadkillWaffle

RoadkillWaffle Poptop Tamer

I've had this problem for ages, and I think I may have found a fix, I don't know why or how this works but: I play in windowed mode I clicked maximise and boom, they work. No rhyme or reason, they just do now

13. Sinaro_II

Sinaro_II Tentacle Wrangler

Same, sorry for necro. gonna restart computer and say if it worked.

14. IHaveCripplingDepression

IHaveCripplingDepression Void-Bound Voyager

I have that issue as well, but on all characters. i also cannot change mechs nor go to poptop cavern even with tricoder.
    restarting computer does not work

Attached Files: