Technological hylotl should be separate from feudal-like hylotl

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by foreck, Feb 20, 2016.

?

Should cyber-punk hylotl be completely separate from Feudal hylotl?

1. Yes, it breaks the inmersion

33.3%
  2. I think it's fine as it is

41.7%
  3. There should be 3 separate types (feudal, cyber-punk cities, AND more advanced feudal villages)

41.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. foreck

foreck Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The new hylotl villages are truly great, and I love the atmosphere but I think that those super futristic cyber-punk shops/arcade stations shouldn't be in the same space as it beats the purpose of having old buildings with little to no tecnologic advance in the same place

JKP9 and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  2. YellowDemonHurlr

YellowDemonHurlr Ketchup Robot

Haven't updated in some time, but I assume it's an aesthetic choice on the part of the Hylotl. I know people who live in 200-year-old houses, but they still have all the standard modern conveniences.

STCW262 likes this.
  3. Lintton

Lintton Guest

I don't think there is a difference. Hylotl seem to be a mix of generational opinions, but not a mix of technologies.

STCW262 likes this.
  4. Wisty

Wisty Subatomic Cosmonaut

I have never seen the underwater Hylotl towns. They look pretty futuristic don't they? The Hylotl are a technologically advanced race, but I have only seen them living in old feudal(?) japan style houses. I suppose the reason for this is that their obsession with beauty and purity leads some to forsake modern convenience because it makes them think they are better than those who choose to live in a more modern society.

STCW262 likes this.
  5. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

The hylotl do thing themselves better than the rest of the races. Their other cities are under water structures. Though just because their overall technology level is high, doesn't mean everyone lives in a place with all the tech. IE how people here on earth close to live in cabins I. the woods, or the Amish.

@OP: nice avatar... Lol.