1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Teamwork factor in PvP?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by DarkDXZ, Feb 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrhighseas

Mrhighseas Star Wrangler

I for one support squad based teams, even if they are as basic as, "this guy gets extra speed and a bad gun, whole this one gets the opposite". I think that this will stop Starbound from falling into a rut of "whoever has the best armor wins". Just my thoughts.

2. Madmarlon

Madmarlon Pangalactic Porcupine

How should that even be accomplished in a sprited, side scrolling platformer?
    The only game I know, that accomplished this was Gang Garrison 2 (a sprited version of Team Fortress 2)
    But since all players have the same "classes" it will be very hard to do that.
    Maybe they should add revolvers/sniper-rifles/flamethrowers/chainguns/rocket launchers/healing-guns/mine-guns/shotguns/turrets in!

3. DarkDXZ

DarkDXZ Phantasmal Quasar

Well, we get shotguns (including Scattergun variety) and Rocket Launchers for sure!

4. zebri

zebri Master Chief

I think that PvP won't be much teamwork, just like terraria. Im afraid that it will be just like deathmatch where everyone kills everyone.
    Though i hope that there will be pvp teams so there's no teamkilling.

5. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

The ability to locate teammates was my favorite part of that game's mechanics. Hopefully Starbound incorporates a similar system during multiplayer.

6. Earic Lodger

Earic Lodger Starship Captain

So instead of titans versus titans it would be Left 4 Dead? Alright, i'll start by executing everyone named Rochelle, Coach, Bill, and every other disfunctional NPC. Who's with me?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.