Modding Discussion Team Pioneer; the future of Starbound!

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by RamsiC, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Carty1234

Carty1234 Zero Gravity Genie

Well, I look forward to the next large project, should be good! Until that time I am gonna focus on my school work and finishing my own mod. Thanks for the invite though :D

RamsiC likes this.
  2. MixTime

MixTime Master Chief

Hi! I am a beginner modder and I would like to join too, with the hopes of learning more and getting to know awesome people!

narhiril and RamsiC like this.
  3. RamsiC

RamsiC Pangalactic Porcupine

Welcome to the party MixTime!

MixTime likes this.
  4. It seems you have attracted quite a few ##Starbound-Modding regulars on here... Even Metadept and myself.
    I am kind of on the fence about joining, but I will gladly offer any assistance that you may or may not need. I added you on steam just in case I decide to join, but I may just wait a little bit longer to see what transpires over the course of the next few weeks. I have never seen a group effort this large succeed without splitting a few times. Hopefully this will not be the case, but you certainly have my interest.
    As Meta already stated, you should hop on ##Starbound-Modding as there are a handful of us on there regularly who have extensive knowledge of the games workings and very extensive coding experience. Should you need any help with anything, hop on there and you need only ask.

RamsiC likes this.
  5. Kitaen Silva

Kitaen Silva Phantasmal Quasar

I'll poke at that link when I wake up a bit more, thank you for the additional suggestion~! I haven't given up on learning Lua, though it'll definitely take concentration and effort. =3

Hmm... I don't know that I'll be able to provide any sort of musical contributions since a lot of what I piddle with in music is oriented around remixes and not-terribly-serious "themes" for fan-fiction roleplay when I'm not making disastrous messes like the older bits, but my SoundCloud hosts a fair amount of what I've doodled in musical things. Don't let the first few good ones fool you into thinking I'm a maestro at this sort of thing, I still have a lot to learn as my older ones are closer to my actual level of musical ability..

When it comes to storing my art, it used to be that I would have linked you to my DeviantArt gallery, but there was a spree of people who went around pulling false claims on work and getting my things taken down, so I emptied my DA gallery and started using a different gallery instead. It only has a small fraction of my art on it because I haven't sat down and done a mass-upload yet, but there's enough to showcase my ability if you want to poke at my FurAffinity gallery and take a look-see. I have a really hard time finishing a lot of my work, so usually it's just sketches and doodles.

As far as my writing, I don't actually have a readily-available solo piece to hand out since I use most of this skill for collaborative writing and roleplay, but I can link you to the roleplay I am currently participating in, as it gives a clear example of my writing capabilities. The account I use there is "Nazrin", but the character I'm playing in that roleplay is one of my original characters, "Midoriku Yashica". My writing preferences are actually ideal for StarBound in the sense that most of my work combines medieval fantasy elements with modern and futuristic sci-fi elements. (As a side note; Yes I am aware that "Hyperion" was used by Gearbox Software as the name of a high-tech company in Borderlands, though my use of it predates Borderlands and actually stems from the old PSOne side-scroller, "Einhander". Sorry if tie-ins to Vault Hunters had been expected...) Here is a link to that specific roleplay, but if you need more examples, I can write something on-the-spot as an example. I have fun writing, so I don't mind coming up with something on the fly.

As another side note, "Nazrin", as in the name of the account above, is a character I often roleplay as or play as in games. I'd posted a request on that in a new thread that went mostly unnoticed, and earlier in the same post I also produced several suggestions which might be useful to Team Pioneer, so if anyone wants to take the ideas and run with them, please go for it~!

Carty1234 and RamsiC like this.
  6. Carty1234

That looks amazing! You have so much to show off and I have nothing. My main coding, however , is HTML and CSS though I am familiar with Python and C++ (kinda).
    Your art reminds me of some we comics I used to read (Housepets!, Two Kinds and Lackadaisy) though your work looks very similar to TwoKinds; which is not bad! Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing more. (And don't forget to read up on LUA :p)

7. Carty1234

This is exactly why I was thinking (think I said earlier on) that I will wait until something unfolds, but there is no harm in being in this thread as it does seem like a good idea and I never miss something here (as I would with the IRC) but this seems to be a little lacking at the moment and I still like the IRC for the ability to chat real time and get help or just discussing something unrelated to Starbound.

8. RamsiC

Lacking how? Also we don't just do things related to Starbound lol, it's a community that may be made up by Starbound modders and what not but we've spent plenty of time talking about things other than Starbound.

9. Carty1234

I just mean that so far all I have seen is "Can I join?" but in the future I am sure that this will become people helping people. That is all I was saying, nothing rude (I hope and apologise).

RamsiC likes this.
  10. RamsiC

You're seeing the stuff on this forum, we've got a bunch of stuff going on in the Teamspeak and Steam group. I was just concerned you were seeing something I wasn't is all!

11. narhiril

narhiril Tentacle Wrangler

Hi there! If you're still accepting more members, I'd love to join. I'm just getting started with the ins and outs of Starbound modding - so far, I've mostly just done weapons, but I'd like to expand my repertoire.

RamsiC likes this.
  12. RamsiC

Narhiril I would love to have you join :D just add me on Steam at steamcommunity.com/id/youmadbro

Edit: Sorry, just realized that might have come off incredibly creepy! Recently woke up and in a wonderful mood from the progress we've made today so might have come off a bit happier than I meant to... VERY SORRY!

narhiril likes this.
  13. CaptainKobold

CaptainKobold Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm working on a new race and would be happy to get in on other modding discussions. Just added you on Steam.

(Admittedly, much of the discussed stuff in the first post doesn't apply exceptionally strongly to me, but it seems to me that anytime people are working together there's a chance for interesting stuff to come up!)

14. RamsiC

As I said in Steam, let the record show that I LOVE KOBOLDS \o/
    [​IMG]

15. CaptainKobold

CaptainKobold Pangalactic Porcupine

OH MY HOW LEWD!

RamsiC likes this.
  16. RamsiC

We're here in the TS Kobold I swear! You were one channel above the right one and I didn't see you in time! Come to The Lobby under the Hub!

17. Daitenshi

Daitenshi Giant Laser Beams

Sorry it took me so long to join. I'm on and alive now!

RamsiC likes this.
  18. justmary828

justmary828 Tentacle Wrangler

Looks like great fun, I've got several years experience in illustrating/drawing and just recently began looking into pixel-art and modding in starbound.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
    RamsiC likes this.
  19. RamsiC

Just message me on Steam!

20. pl4gue

pl4gue Tentacle Wrangler

Hi I am a experienced Python programmer with experience in Lua by way of Garry's mod. If you guys have room on the coding team, I'd be happy to help out.

RamsiC likes this.