Team-Colored Gear

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by Wuzhles, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Wuzhles

Wuzhles Cosmic Narwhal

I can't really say if this is a simple or complicated idea.

The idea is that if teams are like in Terraria where you'd join a team and your name would change to that team's chosen color (Red, Yellow, Green or Blue). Say for example there are 4 players on 4 different teams, to make it easy call them Yellow, Blue, Red, and Green.

Now, like I said before in Terraria only the player's name changed color. But what if in Starbound your entire gear changed too. Not completely though, the idea is that some parts of the armors and weapons are to show the player's team color so people would more easily recognize the player's faction/team more easily.

So say for example that player one is in team Red. That would make small details on his/her weapons change to his team's color. Like maybe if the gun has a little rectangle that would glow or something like that, then that little rectangle would become a red square instead rather than a randomly selected color. Then the armor, take for example the armor we see in the ice world picture with someone standing in a cave opening in front of a chest. That guy's visor could be turned Red or green depending on his team color.

And yes, while I do understand this would pretty much ruin the whole meaning of having a infinite supply of visual styles for weapons, I do at the same time feel like it would make it a lot easier for player's who don't really roll with clans/teams to recognize who actually is in one.

TL;DR - Equipment change color depending on what team you're on.

2. Master Geass

Master Geass Subatomic Cosmonaut

How about a scarf that is normally white, but will change colors to mach your team? One that flies up behind you as you run. That or a cape.

3. Wuzhles

Wuzhles Cosmic Narwhal

I guess, or the armor you craft could have the ability to set color yourself? I dunno.

4. Drithyl

Drithyl Phantasmal Quasar

It's a nice idea to visually set teams of players, and there are a lot of options. Maybe when you join a team, the name on top of your character changes to the team's color, I guess that's the simplest way to do it.

5. Ryss

Ryss Void-Bound Voyager

I like this idea. Maybe there should be an option for it though, like "Click this box if you want armor to reflect team color in multiplayer," or something.

6. Madmarlon

Madmarlon Pangalactic Porcupine

Hmm, since the armor colour will probably be custimizable, I think this would remove a lot of individuality in multiplayer.
    I'll stick with just the name being coloured!

7. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

Considering that color is part of item randomization it wouldn't be strange to change all of your armor to a particular color under certain conditions
    Which is a mechanic that could stretch outside just PvP teams in my opinion