Modding Help tbin file won't load

Discussion in 'Mods' started by raynya, Jan 19, 2019.

Tags:
  1. raynya

raynya Void-Bound Voyager

I'm trying to open "spouseRoom.tbin" using tIDE.

However, I keep getting the error:
    "An error occurred while opening the file. Details: Unable to load tile sheet 'indoor' with image source
    'C:\....\townInterior' Inner Message: Parameter not valid."

I googled some stuff up and apparently you need the 'townInterior.png' in the same folder.
    I did that, but it still gives me the same exact error.

Thank you for any help! I am quite new to this, so please do make it simple if your able to help ^^

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

My first suggestion would be to download and use Tiled, rather than tIDE. tIDE is old and hasn't been kept up to date; it has memory leaks and you can only load one map at a time. Tiled is a much nicer program.

• Red_Winter

Red_Winter Poptop Tamer

I use Tiled, but I first needed to enable the tbin library on mine (I actually enabled all libraries bc why not).

Then I needed the files to be together when the program first loads for some reason. If I close the tbin file only, then put them together, then reopen, it normally won't recognize it.

Not sure if it's similar for tIDE though.

• Opalie

Opalie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I can only use tiDE because Tiled doesn't even launch on bad computer/laptops.
          For both, you need to have your tbin file along with Paths.png and other tilesheets needed together in one folder. I hope it helps!