Tapper profession is beyond useless.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Shadow Locust, Oct 19, 2018.

?

Do you agree with this suggestion?

1. Aye, sir.

9 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No, sir.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Shadow Locust

Shadow Locust Intergalactic Tourist

We don't sell syrups. We need them. Just compare it to the other Foraging lv10 professions. Botanist makes look like the devs made Tapper just for the lulz. You receive 50 more gold from maple syrups (which we really want for bee houses) and oak resin (the most useful from all syrups) gives more 37 gold when we are SELLING them, and we definitely don't want to sell them.
    To see how it's incredibly useless, even it DOUBLING the selling price of syrups wouldn't make up for the profession AT ALL. The benefits we get from USING a maple syrup are way more worth than extra 200 gold for selling it.

The best way I see to improve this profession is to turn it to speed up syrup production, even for the same amount (-25% less time). That way it would be useful for keg makers and honey makers.

• Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

once you don't need them anymore (or is someone gonna fill up all places where NPC's don't walk with bee houses and kegs?) you can sell them
      but i do agree it's not that useful. i'm using maple syrups for maple bars, as they are easy and almost free to make if you use seed makers for wheat and beets

i won't vote, as i see some use in it, but don't think it's more useful than your suggestion here, making syrups speed up with production
      lets say i won't ever use it as it is now

so i'd say it's not "completely useless" but not very useful either

my guess is that you use deluxe speed-gro, which i don't really use (yet, good idea, since i don't need high quality for seed makers)
      i prefer high quality, if i plant to make money out of it
      but at one point in the game, which is probably when you got enough tappers (unless you like to grind for just tappers), you won't need that small few-day-money-increase anymore (if you know the game well, you probaly won't need it at all), plus the fact that Botanist is better for 2 reasons :
      1. high quality sells for more, and many forageables are obtainable easily
      2. highest quality gives more friendship points (george's birthday 1 iridium quality leek)

i always use gatherer, but i see the other option is way better "Lumberjack" giving chance to find hardwood from normal trees
      in that regard, i see tapper is useless, yes

note: reason why i use the other line is because i find a LOT of high quality forageables double,a nd lately i have pigs, giving me 2 truffles often

syrup production going faster would really help me, in many ways
      if you had made 2 options "Switch Tapper for my idea" and "Keep Tapper as it is", i'd choose your idea for sure :D
      i'd even change profession once i have done most stuff, and don't need money as hard as i do now

another note: i play my way, so not like most people play somewhat the same way in games

anyway, Nice Idea!!

• Shadow Locust

Well...syrups are made for Kegs, Bee Hives and Normal and Deluxe Speed-Gros. By the time you don't need more Kegs or Bee Hives (I doubt) you still can make Deluxe Speed-Gros with Oak Resins and the extra gold from this profession (Tapper) will be TOTALLY negligible.
        Sorry, buddy, but this profession is (like I said on the title) BEYOND useless. There is NO REASON you will want this profession above the others. Never!

• Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

you don't NEED 100's of bee houses or kegs, so it isn't 100% useless, but i get your point
          since the last time i posted here, i started using oak resins for deluxe speed gro to make seeds with seeds makers, and i love it
          it's real good to have, but if you have a different playstyle, you can use tapper as it is...... it's just not recommended, imo
          then again, even though it sounds nice, cutting the production time might not be worth being a tapper
          then again, i see no reason to go that way in general, as double harvest forages chance + highest quality forages = better than wood prices, imo
          within 2 years i already have crystalarium and diamonds, plus some gems drop a lot in the mines, which give a lot of money

.... maybe tapper doing that would be better if the price of changing profession would be lower, because 10,000 is a lot just to change if you would use the tapper change you gave as suggestion, and back.... unless you are some hardcore player who goes only for profits all day long

the greenhouse makes it that you don't NEED speed gro's, they are nice and lets you make money faster, but you could sell the tapped products if you wouldn't need to use the speed gro's
          i get your point, the only thing i stumble on is that you call it COMPLETELY useless, which i disagree with.... it's just that there are better ways to go
          so i agree with the idea of changing the function of that profession, that for sure

• Shadow Locust

If you are going for profit, you do. Specially for kegs, even more for Pale Ale Farm. You can always make more and more Sheds (or Barns) to store more and more kegs (and also Jars). You can optimally use the sheds for 67 kegs, barns for 90 kegs and upgraded barns for even more kegs, 136 kegs inside Deluxe Barns (more than doubles the capacity of sheds while occupying only 7 more tiles). I'm not even saying you can even store kegs outside the farm.
            Dude...kegs are never too much. You will need a good amount of Copper and Iron bars though.
            Space is abundant for Bee Houses inside and outside your farm. Outside the farm you can even synergize both keg with Bee Houses for Mead production.

So...you DON'T want to sell your syrups, making this profession totally useless. If it would halve the syrup production time, it would be a very good profession though. Early mass production of deluxe speed-gros and kegs. Early OP wines and Pale Ales. Maybe it would be a bit OP actually.

• Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

all i'm saying that if you don't play just for money, and don't need that many of the syrups, you can get at least some money
              i play somewhat like you described, and never said it's not that good, just that selling syrups sometimes can happen, and if you are NOT putting kegs and such everywhere (which i personally will), you can sell some syrups if you need money

not everyone plays for profit all the time, like i don't, but i do wanna have lots of money to do lots of stuff with
              read again, and you'll see i said that it's "not COMPLETELY useless", and also said "it's just that there are better ways to go"

its just as you say in the first sentence, that you NEED tohave 100's of kegs, but I said you don't IN GENERAL
              why do you only see that way? it was even a small thing about that you can use the current tapper profession, and said it's not very good

ok, listen/read: i only said it's not 100% useless, not that it's useful or such
              ..... i'm quitting this, this goes nowhere, and that while i didn't disagree with the fact it's no good, only that it's completely useless
              have a nice day....

• Shadow Locust

I got your point since your first reply, dude. =p
                I was just saying I personally disagree with it. I find it simply 100% useless, both because of the importance of those syrups (so you can even stock then for future use, since the generation is somewhat slow) AND because of the other professions. There is no point for you to choose it, ever.

Well, I agree with you, dude. However before I quit this as well, there is another thing I didn't say previously. After you reach the point you don't need anymore syrups, you can chop all trees from your farm and maybe leave one of each tree tapped, just for a slower generation for stocking and to get more space in your farm for other uses.
                The only time I sold my syrups was to complete the "sell everything" achievement.
                Have a nice day you too, buddy.