1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Talking to Marlon causes crash to desktop.

Discussion in 'Support' started by nathang123, Jun 7, 2018.

1. nathang123

nathang123 Space Hobo

When you try to talk to Marlon, either at the mine or at the egg festival, the game crashes to desktop. I've tried starting two new games to eliminate my save as suspect, and every game I start has the same issue. The issue is present on my two other steam accounts and computers.

Funk2929 likes this.
    • morgarine

morgarine Space Hobo

I am having the same issue - I am leaving my house and I have a cut scene with Marlon. The dialogue box opens, but no words appear and it crashes to the desktop. This is in Beta, tried it with someone in multiplayer and by myself but it's still crashing.

Funk2929 likes this.
      • Funk2929

Funk2929 Space Hobo

I also have Marlon outside my house for a cutscene and when he speaks to me there is a blank text box and 3 seconds later it crashes

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

• Belualoop

Belualoop Poptop Tamer

marlon at spirit's eve bug on windows 10 and mac. like others said it's reproducable.

Attached Files:

• doctah

doctah Intergalactic Tourist

Pretty sure it's just talking to him overall. Ran into the issue just now with the Winter Star Festival, and talking to him causes a crash there too. Mizzion's link shows that other people are having the issue in further places.

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

My link will give you the official files updated, so that talking to Marlon anytime won't crash anymore.