REQUEST Talking about the Farm.xnb

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Declension, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Declension

Declension Cosmic Narwhal

I was wondering if this could be made real. There are a lot of farm maps that I like but each missing something I would like.
    I very much like the vanilla map, more so these features:
    • The two lakes (That everyone seems to hate D': )
    • Fencing around the farm
    But there are things I wish for like:
    And things I'm not really a fan of:
    • Expanded land.
    So I was curious if someone would like to take on making a new farm map perhaps. All with the vanilla lakes, grass, and a forest border. Most of these mods are xnb so I'd like to stay in the range as much as possible (as smapi is slow on my computer especially when it rains). Is anyone kind enough to look into it? I tried to grasp tiDE/map editing but... I just don't get it ; 3;

Edit: I retried doing it again, it's sad you can't copy/paste things. I tried doing tile by tile but when I moved the canvas around to reach other areas (mind that the program runs really slow) the tiles I put down ended up going somewhere else. So I kinda really gave up trying to edit the things I want into the vanilla map ; 3;

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
    • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

The new update might do that for you if you have not already seen it check it out!

• Declension

Looking at the maps there is still mostly dirt covering the ground instead of grass. And the forest leaf boarder isn't on all the maps. However until the update drops we have one farm.xnb map that I'm still playing on :c a girl could dream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah I would agree with you, I'm just saying that any edits to the farm.xnb will be nulled if you end up playing the newer version :S.
          I will be looking into that as well because I also am not a fan of just dirt... I feel grass should be modifiable and maybe it might be who knows.

• Declension

That's actually very true, though in the update the 'standard' farm would still be in the update. I think as long as all the farm maps aren't in one xnb, could very well have a custom farm. I'm mainly hoping on that so there is a grain of salt there. I have to give it to map editors, tiDE is not easy and should not be used on a very low-end lap top. Just getting one tile put on a map causes so much lag it's unbearable.