1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Sword crashing my game

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Spikeyuk, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Spikeyuk

Spikeyuk Void-Bound Voyager

Good day all,

I have ran into an issue with a sword in the game that appears to be crashing my game every time I place it into my inventory. When I start the game back up, I start up on my ship with the sword selected on my mouse and as soon as I put it back into my inventory again my game crashed. I have uploaded a screenshot of the crash. After clicking OK, windows reports the program has stopped responding and closes the Starbound down. The sword in the screenshot is what is causing my problem.

I obtained this sword in a mission in the game. It is the mission where you go to the Avions underground hunt. It is one of the first missions you do with the old lady next to the portal entrance on the Outpost. I run the game in 64-bit.
    I have no mods installed and I am connected to a server while this is happening.

Computer Specs
    Windows 10 64bit Pro
    CPU: Intel Core i7 7700k
    RAM: 16GB DDR4
    GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1080

Please let me know of any other information you need and I shall provide it for you.

Kind Regards

Spikey.

Attached Files:

2. MrVauxs

MrVauxs Giant Laser Beams

There is some bug with swords right now, you can put it in your trash slot as its not your "official" inventory and dropping the item might also result in a crash.

3. Spikeyuk

Okay, thanks for the quick reply. I will try this now.

*Edit* Throwing the sword into the trash worked. I am able to continue my game. It's a shame though, I wanted that sword :(.

4. MrVauxs

If it doesn't work send us your latest starbound.log from the crash

5. Spikeyuk

Throwing the sword into the trash worked. I am able to continue my game. It's a shame though, I wanted that sword :(.
    Thanks for the help anyways :)

6. MrVauxs

No problem :)
    P.S. Best ability is trail slash ;)

7. CrazylikE

CrazylikE Void-Bound Voyager

If you unequip the sword you already have equipped, you can then equip your new one. Ive been doing this, and it works, but its annoying..

8. Gegenschein

Gegenschein Void-Bound Voyager