1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Switch version's "Non-controller-style menus" are full of bugs

Discussion in 'Support' started by wym92, Oct 9, 2017.

1. wym92

wym92 Space Hobo

For speed and my own pleasure, I disabled the Controller-style menus, then this takes about 10 minutes of my time trying to find a button. So when you get a horse, you are supposed to click the "OK" button to exit the name change process, but the pointer just disappeared once I checked the horse, had to use the minimal change in button's size to determine the place of the pointer. Then after that, I ride my horse to the beach to buy my iridium rod and some tackles, and the pointer disappeared AGAIN, somehow I cannot select the first place of the second row of my pack, which is empty. I encountered similar pointer-disappearance problems before, but none annoy me this much. Why don't you guys just use Switch's touchscreen?

• HyperJ

HyperJ Void-Bound Voyager

There are so many UI related bugs in both modes that it's tragic. Any basic playtest would have easily uncovered these issues.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
      • Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Besides disabling the option ‘Use controller-style menus’, another possible workaround is to push the right controller stock (push it from the top) - that will display the cursor and you can move it around and select previously unavailable items.