1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Switch version Groundhog Day (file crashes due to size of farm during overnight save)

Discussion in 'Support' started by davez, May 22, 2019.

1. davez

davez Space Hobo

I have already read that this is an issue so I just wanted to post my particular story so hopefully this issue gets addressed sooner rather than later.

I am well into the game (Day 17 of Summer, Year 7) and my goal since completing the rest of the game is to create a massive diamond farm and work my way up to one billion over the years. I know this will take a very long time but I already have a diamond quarry, a diamond shed, and 2 diamond deluxe barns that give me somewhere around 660 diamonds every few days. Now I am just waiting for more batteries to come from more lightning storms before I work on my next diamond deluxe barn and while I await those I still have a fully filled iridium sprinkler field that I only use to produce strawberries, starfruit, and pumpkins through their respective seasons in order to maximize profits through wine and juice. In order to do that I also spent the time building up 8 deluxe barns filled with kegs and a basement filled with casks to age the starfruit wine. The rest of the house is also filled with preserve jars and some planting pots (there is also a deluxe barn full of these where I am currently working on amassing enough sweet gem berry seeds to eventually do a couple full fall seasons of a full crop of them). I also have 3 7x7 bee house sections in order to make that honey money. My intention was to slowly phase out the honey sections first as I got enough batteries to fill new deluxe barns with crystalariums and then slowly phase out my crop spaces and keg warehouses accordingly. However, I can get no farther.

Apparently, my ambition is a little too grand at the moment because of a technical issue that someone else has described far better than I could. Here is a link to that reddit why_my_switch_stardew_valley_save_is_literally. I had also started to build up a maple syrup farm in the desert while I was waiting on new batteries and with as many items as I have apparently I hit the 10MB mark and the game crashes as I have no gaps in any chest or inventory which seems to be another issues that causes this and I have checked.

I could start destroying my work in the desert but I would hit the limit soon anyway by adding one or two more diamond deluxe barns. So, I am really hoping that this issue could be addressed so that I could go back to enjoying building up my diamond empire.

If more people are having this issue please post so it will get addressed.