1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Switch version - assorted bugs (including audio crackle)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Typhoon, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

2. Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Sure, will edit the previous posts. :)

Katzeus likes this.
    • Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

• Don Serrot

Don Serrot Void-Bound Voyager

I just encountered the previously mentioned static bug. I've been playing nearly nonstop since the game came out. Started in handheld mode and switched to docked mode part way through. I started noticing a static sound and at first thought it was part of my sound setup going bad. The static sound seemed to only be coming from my left speaker. Once I realized it was coming from the game I made a recording showing this. I also tried undocking the Switch and the static sound is still present both from the built in speakers and while using headphones. Completely exiting and reloading the game seems to have fixed it. I'll try to keep a better ear out for it if it starts again to hopefully help track the cause down.

Typhoon likes this.
      • Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

"Controls totally unresponsive on the first time I’ve tried to play the game. Home and screenshot work, but can’t even start a new game. Tried deleting and redownloading and issue persists. Pretty major issue!!

Edit: power cycled console fixed the issue for all of 2 seconds, back to unresponsive again after moving a tiny bit"

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...stardew_valley_bug_report_megathread/dnyhgwc/

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

paperstarships likes this.
        • Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

"Experienced this just now. While playing the volume randomly peaked, fuzzed up loud, and the bg music stayed fuzzy while playing. I went to the switch menu and the volume there was fine. Went back to the game still the same problem. Had to turn it off and when I restarted the game the problem went away."

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...stardew_valley_bug_report_megathread/dnyfxn9/

I've also had a random problem (at the start of the game) with the volume levels, but no fuzziness etc. Operating System version 3.0.2

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

• Fwoup

Fwoup Lucky Number 13

Typhoon likes this.
          • MetalRufflez

MetalRufflez Space Hobo

Audio Crackling

Started at Day 5 when waking up after putting the Switch on the Dock. Happens on every "map" and keeps happening after removing the game from the dock

Typhoon likes this.
            • Aeladya

Aeladya Star Wrangler

I am having the same issue. I was playing the game in handheld mode and then put the console to sleep for 2.5 hours. I got home and then put the console in the dock to charge and play. I am on Day 3 and the weather is rainy. I notice it when fishing mostly.

Edit: Going to the home menu and going back in seems to have started the crackling noise again.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
              • Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

A couple more bugs:

"Enjoying the game so far, but there seem to be some bugs. I haven't experienced the audio issue, possibly because im not listening at a high volume, but the mouse cursor seems to appear at random times in random places on the screen
                - and in the community center building, the text seems to display in the incorrect places sometimes
                ."

and

"Seems to be a bit of a UI issue on your build screen for example items on the 2nd or 3rd row sometimes can't be highlighted unless you have the materials but hard to tell what materials you need without being able to highlight.

Aside from that and the sound glitch I sunk most of the night on it lol fishing is fun once you get the hang of it too!"
                > Yeah I noticed the one about not being able to highlight some things on the build screen as well. I had to enable the option to use cursor controls in menus to highlight them."

Both the above from users on this Neogaf page:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1443101&page=17

Katzeus likes this.
                • Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Thanks, got everything reviewed up to here. A couple of these things aren't bugs, or bugs which may not be new.

We're in the process of assessing everything that's been reported so far, and keeping our eyes/ears open for any more issues people may have. Anyone who has seen anything reported here and has more detail they could share please jump in!

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Great, many thanks Katzeus!

Any luck yet with resolvinving the crackling audio bug? That one is really annoying. Plus the inability to select some crafting menu items.

• Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

We've been able to replicate the audio bug this morning and are still investigating.

Have seen those reports about the crafting menu. It looks like a bug with controller-style snappy menus, we're working on a fix. For a temp-workaround players can disable the option 'Use controller-style menus' - that should allow players to select things until a fix is distributed. I'll update the other threads here too with that info.