1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Switch version - assorted bugs (including audio crackle)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Typhoon, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Large selection of bugs from one poster follows, most have already been reported but there's a few new ones too:

"
    Here are some pictures [descriptions?)] of the bugs I encountered. Also I'm listing all the problems that come up, but probably most of them has been reported by others as well:

• Crash on sleep mode: The first day I played Stardew valley I left the game open (my character just woke up) and put the Switch to sleepmode. When I wanted to wake up the Switch, the whole console was frozen with a black screen, that had backlight. It did not reacted to anything, but if I pressed the power button the quick menü opened (with sleep mode and backlight options), but putting the console to sleep again did not changed anything. I had to hold the power button to restart the whole system.
    • Audio crackling: I first noticed it after a thunderstorm in the game. Thunder had some audio crackling and even after the storm has ended every sound effect had audio crackling. Fortunately, this somehow solved itself.
    • Not reacting to Joy-Cons in handheld mode: I play Stardew valley in handheld mode with my joy-cons on the side of the console, but after a start I noticed that the cursor does not move, and I'm unable to select LOAD from the menü. The Home button was working and the system itself worked with the attached joy-con, but Stardew valley wasn't. I restarted the game, but the same thing happened. I removed the controllers from the side of the console and it has finally reacted, but for some reason thought that my left joy-con is player1 and right joy-con is player2, and some other right joy-con (that was in the case of my switch at my backpack) were set as player1's rightside. I had to reset the controllers at the Switches menü and after that I was able to use them in the game, even after reattaching to the console.
    • Crash on sleep I have experienced the crashing on the end of the day bug with the error message from the Switch that closed the game. Someone said that it can be because of the upgraded tools, but at my case the tools has been upgraded by days (ingame) before this crashing happened. As for date it was day 11 of fall (first year). All I did that day was mining. from level 70 to 85. I ended up rushing home when the game clock was at 12:10 and try to go to bed with every loot inside my inventory. Someone mentioned that frozen tear can cause this crash and I did have a frozen tear in my inventory. I played again twice. This time I sold frozen tears before going to bad, still crashing. Only went 5 level in the mines, still crashing.
    • Sword animation bugged It has happened to me twice. Basically i was running around in town talking to people and since I had my selected in the first slot of the inventory, everything I pressed A it did the defending animation. I was pressing A to talk to the villagers and suddenly my sword started to hover in front of my character. I was unable to use it, and if I changed the slot1 item to anything else, then it was still hovering infront/on the top of my character and did not reacted to the action button ( Y on the Switch). Fortunately it solved itself when I entered my house.
    • Linus stuck I'm not sure about this one, but when I got the quest to find Linus's basket I looked up where should Lines be on that day so I can deliver it to him. According to the wiki page he should have been standing next to the lake, then go inside his tent when night come, but he wasn't there. I found him standing next to the Spa, even at night. Unfortunately i did not make a screenshot. I have restarted the game and this solved itself.
    • 0 monster 0 reward I had this quest on the bulletin board asking for slaying 0 of a monster and offering 0 reward. I picked it up, saved and restarted the game, but it was still there and I was able to pick up the same quest with the same bug again. Upon going to the mine and killing dust spirits, nothing changed in the quests.
    • cursor does not goes everywhere If i use he controller-style settings the cursor does not goes to certain menu elements.
    • cursor disappears In sometimes in shop's menu the cursor is invisible."

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...stardew_valley_bug_report_megathread/do4qlbf/

• Aeladya

Aeladya Star Wrangler

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Thanks but in this case that sadly doesn't help - I've also had furniture placement problems, not because I can't move the item to place it but because the game moans that my character is in the way even though the place I'm trying to place the item is completely empty and far away from anything else, including my character.

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

"When I am playing the game and press "X" button for choose the correct object in the Menu, I want move by directional pad for select object, also in the same time, I want use "free" joystick (as mouse pointer) for select objects.

Now, If I want use "free" joystick as "mouse pointer" I mustn't choose in options "Use menu controller style" but this option only left use directional pad and joystick as "rigid pointer", when I want use joystick as mouse pointer and directional pad as rigid pointer.

Well, I think that the option "Use menu as controller" must be; joystick for free "mouse pointer" and directional pad for "rigid pointer", instead of joystick and directional pad for "rigid pointer".

Why the "free" joystick EVEN the "use menu as controller" is activated? Because is the only way for throw objetcs to the floor."

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...stardew_valley_bug_report_megathread/do59hrw/

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

"I've been playing the game a lot recently currently in fall on the first year and only just come across this strange visual bug on the screen mainly when I'm outside on my farm, a bar of the screen seems to glitch and be out of place but for a split second. This occurs often when lightning strikes too. I will try to get a screenshot if I can."

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...stardew_valley_bug_report_megathread/do5cti2/

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

The floating baby head is still in the Switch version:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewValley/comments/75c225/thatsnot_the_crib/

another of these:

"My character just gave birth, but the baby wasn't in the crib. Instead he was up inside the wall on the northwest corner of the house. The sprite looked like the sitting up toddler version as well instead of the bundled sleeping baby that's supposed to be there for the first month."

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...stardew_valley_bug_report_megathread/do76cig/

and a WHOLE floating baby:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewVal...arenting_tip_101_newborn_baby_sleeping_chuck/

and another floating baby head:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewVal...ch_so_i_ran_up_to_the_nursery_excited_to_see/

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
            • Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

More people with problems completing the initiation quest to skill Slimes:

"Does anyone else's "Initiation" quest not appear to be working? I've killed dozens of slimes and have gotten to the 20th floor of the mines but my quest log still says 0 of 10 slimes slain."

"This..I've killed countless but nothing has happened."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1443101&page=37

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

"When asking Clint to upgrade your watering can to copper without the rucksack expansion, if you don't have room in your inventory you will be unable to start the process, even though the operation does not immediately add an item to your inventory, and even if you will have a free space afterwards (due to getting rid of the copper bars, if you had exactly 5.)"

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...stardew_valley_bug_report_megathread/do6722l/

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

"I had a bug that got me worried. I just came out of the mines, got the sword equipped. Accidentally pressed the A button and the Rusty Sword began to flash for, which I guess is a special attack thing? I'm not sure. It's been a while since I played the PC version. Anyways, after several red and white quick flashes from the Rusty Sword on the item dock, the sword got displayed on my Avatar's hand in a weird-several-pixels-away kind of way. Then I couldn't use trigger buttons to change items, couldn't open doors, or speak to people. I can open menus, but I couldn't select anything either. I tried pressing the Home button then returning back to the game, but that didn't fix the problem."

and:

"Hey! I had the same problem. For me it somehow solved itself when my character got home. I made some screenshot too, because it was really freaky. If you switch anything else to the slot where the sword was it will hover before/on the top of your character too."

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...stardew_valley_bug_report_megathread/do645pl/

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

"My switch randomly boots up since I bought stardew valley. Powercycling the switch fixes this, but it happens everytime after I played the game at least once. After powecycling it does not happen until i play the game again.

It's not really game breaking, but I keep my console in a case a lot. This causes the console to heat up while in the case."

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...stardew_valley_bug_report_megathread/do60c5r/

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Another instance of the following fishing rod bug - I'm putting it here instead of merging it with other reports earlier in ths thread, if only for visibility:

"Just caught an ancient seed while fishing, the first I've ever possessed, then my rod glitched and my character became immobile, and all other buttons unresponsive :(

I was casting the fibreglass rod, had been catching fish over and over again trying to level up, aiming at the rock to the left of the promenade by the fisherman's shop.

This time when I cast, the meter went up to green then back down to orange (around 1/3 way along the power meter) and I pressed/spammed Y to cancel at that point. since I wanted to leave and sell stuff, as I only had 1 space of 24 available in my backpack.

When I pressed/spammed (tired, not sure if it was one press or more) the rod glitched into my character's back, remaining visible although the player character looked like he had stopped fishing otherwise. However at this point I could do absolutely nothing; no button on the controller brought about any action, the player char became locked like he was fishing even though he should have stopped."

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...stardew_valley_bug_report_megathread/do6wnd6/

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Known bugs, but worth highlighting again:

"I'm having trouble with my fences/gates (wood and stone), major fishing struggles, and super annoying community center glitch when instead of seeing the name of a bundle when I hover over it I see the info for an item from mt inventory, which is annoying AF trying to identify some of the products.

I also completed two quests for Clint but forgot to open my journal to get the reward for the first one so when I opened it up after doing both (expecting two rewards) I only got one, which was gold for some iron bars, and the other quest wasn't listed anymore, which was delivering the amethyst to Emily. That one took way more effort and I'm pissed I didn't see what it got me"

https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewVal..._like_to_make_a_stone_walkway_but_it/do7a4cf/