1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Switch PC with Nintendo Pro Controller

Discussion in 'Support' started by hastypixels, Aug 20, 2019.

1. hastypixels

hastypixels Space Hobo

The research I've done indicates that not very many people are using their Pro controllers with their PCs, but those that are experience different sorts of issues with the D-pad. In this case the entire controller works just fine apart from that functionality, though Steam doesn't allow button assignments for some reason.

The crux of the issue is that the D-pad doesn't register any input at all in Stardew Valley on PC. Every other button works as expected. According to player feedback for other games, D-pad performance is intermittent, so it may be a consequence of Nintendo's implementation of the hardware. I'm not a dev or hardware nut, so I can't say for sure.

It's worth noting that Steam treats the controller as an official Steam Controller, perhaps because of its haptic functionality.

Anyway, I'm hoping you developers will be interested in addressing this issue. I've never had a problem with controller support in SDV, and I've used Xbox One, 360, Logitech controllers without a hitch. I'd be happy to provide more information if needed.

Thanks!