1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Switch crash during file loading

Discussion in 'Support' started by alphabetamax, Oct 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. alphabetamax

alphabetamax Lucky Number 13

Hello all,
    I keep running into the same issue with the Switch version. I can start the software fine, I see my save file, the loading screen with the controller layout appears, but then the game crashes and displays "The software was closed because an error occurred."

I have to repeat this loading process between 3-6 times before it usually loads like normal, inexplicably. Once it loads, it plays as normal with no crashes, unless I close the software and try to boot it again. Restarting the Switch itself doesn't seem to have any effect. I checked to make sure I don't have any gaps in my fridge, chests, or inventory before I go to sleep.

I haven't seen too many others with this specific issue, so I'm not sure if it's related to the sleep crash bug. I am in the fall of Year 1, and have upgraded my house to include the kitchen. Please let me know if there's any other info I can provide that would be helpful.

• yochrisss

yochrisss Poptop Tamer

I believe they are looking into this issue as I have reported this same problem with my game load. They still need more info on where to pin point this, hopefully a DEV will come in and ask some more questions!

• alphabetamax

alphabetamax Lucky Number 13

I found that deleting and re-downloading the software has fixed this issue for me. It got to the point where I could not load my save at all without crashing, but since redownloading, I have not encountered the issue once.

If anyone else has not deleted software off the switch before, it doesn't affect your save file at all so don't worry.

• yochrisss

yochrisss Poptop Tamer

Sadly that did not work for me

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

• yochrisss

yochrisss Poptop Tamer

Maybe it has something to do with penny? I am also married to penny in game. I was having issues before my crash with penny aswell (which I made a thread about but I dont think it got looked into) that she wasnt showing up at my farm after we got married.