1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Switch: 8-Hearts Event crash

Discussion in 'Support' started by Xao1988, Oct 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Xao1988

Xao1988 Void-Bound Voyager

I am unable to finish the 8-hearts event with Abigail. After the heart textbox shows up the game crashes.

• tccoxon

tccoxon Procedurally Generated Programmer

Would you be able to tell me what name you used in the game?

• SHQ

SHQ Space Hobo

Ya me too..the same error help?!?

• Kazulith

Kazulith Space Hobo

Had abigails 8 heart event crash, current name is "[74][163][166]" or in a different order. I can get gus to say it all day and it will spawn the items, and when abigail is gifted the prasmatoc shard, i get another, and either the legend fish or the treasure chest. Its been working fine with the name up till that point. It hasnt crashed when others say my players name..it just spawns the items.

• Kazulith

Kazulith Space Hobo

This happened about 30 mins ago as well. Dont know if the new switch firmware update was a cause or not as well.

***update*** i was able to just skip the cutscene and bypass it..but if it would have worked or not..oh well..problem solved at least in the short term.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
            • Velibrin

Velibrin Void-Bound Voyager

how did you bypass it exactly? Please show the solution once you find it.. makes it alot easier for everyone looking for it.

• TrevorMaccio

TrevorMaccio Space Hobo

The reason it crashes is because during the cutscene, it only spells out part of the player's name. Since you used a code as your name to spawn items, it can't spawn the items because the code is incomplete and can't process what the dialogue is saying, therefore crashing the game. I'm not 100% sure how to get past it or how to fix it, if there even is a way. I would say just make a new farm and don't use codes as your name. Name your animals with the codes if you really want to spawn the items