WIP Sweardew Valley [Currently only Abigail]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by JasonFreeYT, Mar 15, 2016.

?

Do you want me to continue making this mod?

1. Yes

87.3%
  2. No

12.7%
  1. JasonFreeYT

JasonFreeYT Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So after watching a few let's plays of Stardew Valley after playing the game for myself, i thought to myself, "Hey, what if the villagers of Stardew Valley started swearing? That'd be pretty funny" That was me to myself while watching Markiplier play Stardew Valley, and it all started in this thread i made and then just like that, i screwed around with the files [With thanks to Delsin7 cause he pointed out where the Dialogue files were located in] and after it worked, i decided to try and attempt to make it a reality!

[Since i don't know how to add the Spoiler things, i'll just post the images]

Here are some screenshots from the game :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And for now, I've only modded Abigail's Dialogues (Marriage and Mail not included yet), but if people want me to do other people swearing, i will do it, in due time.

Instructions :

- Same as any other mods, just paste the files to wherever Stardew Valley is located, and when you are prompted to replace, just replace it (Oh, i also recommend you to back up your files first before doing this).

Note :

- I've read the rules and guidelines, and i don't think this violates any rules, but if it does, I apologize in advance.
    - I've also added a few extra lines of Dialogue to Abigail's 10 Heart cutscene.
    - This is also my first mod, so forgive me for any mistakes.

Attached Files:

Inertan and XaviiKinz like this.
    • JasonFreeYT

I couldn't test all of the dialogue, so if someone can check the whole thing to make sure the dialogue is working, that'd be helpful

• ausgamer529

ausgamer529 Void-Bound Voyager

we need this mod but with redneck retextures so the entire valley looks like a trailer park full of rednecks

• Sigfee

Sigfee Tentacle Wrangler

I think this is cool and could add some more realism to the game. All I would suggest is to take into consideration the character's personality when adding swears. Like, It would be really weird to see Penny drop a couple of f bombs out of nowhere lol.

• WirlWind

WirlWind Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I feel like that would be ok, as long as it had something to do with salad...

I'd suggest putting a spoiler thread out where you put down the lines changed and perhaps allow others to read over it. Sometimes, swearing is just done poorly and "for the sake of it". Would rather if it were to be modded in, that it at least sound natural :p (Y'know, like when she's had a bad night sleep and in a foul mood, something like "I'm in a shitty mood, didn't get much sleep").

I feel like "It's kind of a fucking shame" seems a little out of character. Sounds like something Haley might say though, if she had a mouth on her :rofl:

Also, imo, swearing should be used to punctuate important things, like Holy SHIT! or Oh FUCK, RUUUN! or You're a fucking douchebag.

Adding it into every other sentence seems trashy to me (but that might just be me).

• WirlWind

WirlWind Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Goddamnit, my long-ass post didn't post for some fucking reason >_<

I basically suggested that mayhaps you could make a thread where other people can read over the dialogue changes to make it sound more natural.

Using it for the sake of it just sounds trashy, it should be using sparingly and for effect (for ex: "I had a terrible night's sleep, I'm in a really shitty mood"

The "It's kind of a fucking shame" thing sounds like something haley would say imo :p

• JasonFreeYT

Well, it was a test, and this is my first mod, i'd probably change the dialogues from time to time, and see what fits what, for now i just added swears in normal dialogue, cause i'm testing if it works, if it does, then i'd change the dialogues, and i can't screenshot the original dialogues because i'm too lazy xD, Also your post did make it through xD Thanks for the opinions on what i should do though, means a lot to me xP

• JasonFreeYT

Also, if anyone has a suggestion on what dialogues should be what, feel free to post it!

• JasonFreeYT

Thing is, when editing the text files, there's usually like : "Wow, you look hella nice today.#$e#I mean, that summer air is really good for the complexion, isn't it?... heh...$l" #!String. i don't understand what the #$e# and $1 means, i think the $1 means the expression when saying it, maybe? can anyone help?

• JasonFreeYT

Can anyone help me on how to make choices in the game?

• katgirl28888

katgirl28888 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Boosting for mod help

JasonFreeYT likes this.
                        • CoolFangs

CoolFangs Void-Bound Voyager

Any chance this is still being worked on?

• JasonFreeYT

I'm still working on Shane's dialogue and redoing Abigail's dialogue as well since there was a new update that added more dialogue options.

• ThatNorthernMonkey

ThatNorthernMonkey Aquatic Astronaut

Could really do with some context, so I'll have a look through some of the dialogue files. This is what I have so far from the parser http://pastebin.com/V2QPQk9K

$e ?? splitting the dialogue up?

$b

$k - stop dialogue (this.dialogueToBeKilled = true)

$1 - something to do with whether you have received something in the mail?

$c

$q

$r - waiting for a player response?

$p

$d - something to do with community center / joja / bus / ccvault / isLocationAccessible("CommunityCenter")

$y - something to with interactive dialogue / quick responses

katgirl28888 likes this.
                              • JasonFreeYT

I guess i'll try it with these commands.

• Silhouette88

Silhouette88 Guest

So i have a question, is the swearing gonna be like slightly frequent or is this going to make people swear like a sailor?