1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Swansong Freeze Between Battle Phases

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by HokucideHylotl, Jun 17, 2019.

1. HokucideHylotl

HokucideHylotl Space Hobo

I'm trying to go through the Dantalion quest, but the Swansong fight stops running after a minute or so. I've been trying to finish the fight, but every attempt in the last few days has always ended in the Swansong freezing in place during a phase transition. It always occurs after a gravity change, when the room returns to zero gravity and the mech's accompanying orbs set up their energy net. The Swansong stays in the middle of the room, frozen in a transitional animation. In this state it still takes damage down to zero health, but will not be destroyed or enter phase two. On some occasions I have had the energy net intact to kill myself on, but even on respawn, the Swansong remains frozen. The only fix so far has been to give up the mission entirely, but every subsequent attempt has either ended with a frozen battle or a crash (separate issue entirely). This still occurs even with no mods. I am on Windows 10 playing the 1.4 update. Is this happening to anyone else?

2. Mighty Archemedes

Mighty Archemedes Phantasmal Quasar

I'm dealing with the same transition glitch. Version 1.4 on Linux Mint 19.1 here. Same behavior.

3. Knusperkruste

Knusperkruste Subatomic Cosmonaut

same here...as in my other threat the game freezes and crashes as soon as those spheres she spawn start to activate and use that lasernet....when i try it in a borderless window the game doesnt crash anymore but the swansong will freeze exactly the same way as soon as the gravity goes off and the spheres start to float and use the lasernet...

edit: i uploaded the log of the session where the swansong froze (i stopped playing after i shot her down on half her healt because thats not how i wanna win)......in my other threat (game crashes at the final boss (asra nox)) is the log of the crash during the sphere phase

edit 2: the os is win 10

Attached Files:

4. Yambuza

Yambuza Void-Bound Voyager

Hello friends. A form exists of winning of the Boss Asra Nox, it is enough you to use the tesla arms and the sword arm in the Mech Armor. Try not to attack the boss when he is facing I don't miss him/it. In case it it finds difficult, use some Mod of infinite energy in his/her Mech Armor. It was worth!

https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/infinite-mech-energy.4808/

5. marshallemon

marshallemon Space Spelunker

I've been dealing with this glitch as well but in another way as well. Not only during the gravity transition, but I also experience this boss freeze whenever she does her sword charge. When she bugs out, she charges endlessly at the wall and never extends her sword out.

Edit: I forgot to mention this but I mainly experience this during the rematch. I doubt that has anything to do with it though.

6. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please provide your log.

7. Spyro_TD

Spyro_TD Space Hobo

Same here, just gets stuck, softlocking the battle, I play on a server so I can't just get the log but I can ask if they see anything about Swansong, I rly love the battle... for how long it lasted... but can't finish it REEE

Attached Files:

8. tosha527

tosha527 Void-Bound Voyager

having same issue too.

This part of the log seems to be the suspect

[16:03:36.888] [Info] Chat: So... Care for one last dance, "Protector"?
    [16:04:46.335] [Info] Skipped event recording for nonexistent entity 10414
    [16:05:00.231] [Info] Skipped event recording for nonexistent entity 10460