1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

SV can't find any of my saves.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Aethred, May 29, 2019.

1. Aethred

Aethred Void-Bound Voyager

Note: this is a repost of a comment to a thread on this subject, I don't really know the culture here but thought it might be useful to give it it's own thread as the problem seems to be caused by something different. Feel free to delete if I'm in the wrong.

Hi all,

I've read all the posts until now and this is a surprisingly common problem. I've pretty much been in the same boat all day, trying every fix to get the game to find my saves.

So I have SV on Steam and tried launching it yesterday for the first time on a newly acquired computer. I quit right after day 2 as I wanted to try out a bunch of mods. Only when I tried to load, I got 'No Saved Games could be found' however many times I restarted, checked file integrity, re-installed etc. I really want to play so I tried to dig a little deeper.

I have tried so far to:
    -Reinstall, zero difference.
    -Same for file integrity check.
    -Went looking for my saves, both in Roaming and the Steam folder, tried loading those one at a time, tried deleting the recent saves and going with save_old, tried pasting saveinfo into other saves, tried downloading someones elses save off the Internet, still wouldn't recognize.
    -Moved the whole Steam directory out of the Admin part of C: and just pasted it on C: as a standalone folder, as someone said this let them avoid Admin privilege nonsense.

Obviously, the problem must be somewhere out of the game, to do with my PC. So I tried launching the game via SMAPI, as I noticed you get a log of whatever happens as it runs the game. The following is the log I got :

[SMAPI] SMAPI 2.11.2 with Stardew Valley 1.3.36 on Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

[SMAPI] Mods go here: C:\Steam\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods
    [SMAPI] Starting game...
    Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 413150
    Steam_SetMinidumpSteamID: Caching Steam ID: 76561198004602444 [API loaded no]
    [SMAPI] Loaded 0 mods.

[SMAPI] Type 'help' for help, or 'help <cmd>' for a command's usage
    [game] Exception occured trying to access file 'StardewValley\Saves\StardewValle
    y\Saves\Abc_218804154\SaveGameInfo'
    [game] System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '
    C:\Steam\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\StardewValley\Saves\StardewValley
    \Saves\Abc_218804154\SaveGameInfo'.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, I
    nt32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions o
    ptions, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolea
    n useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access,
    FileShare share)
    at StardewValley.Menus.LoadGameMenu.FindSaveGames() in C:\Users\gitlab-runner
    \gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\L
    oadGameMenu.cs:line 480
    [game] Exception occured trying to access file 'StardewValley\Saves\StardewValle
    y\Saves\ad_218807837\SaveGameInfo'
    [game] System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '
    C:\Steam\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\StardewValley\Saves\StardewValley
    \Saves\ad_218807837\SaveGameInfo'.
    nt32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions o
    ptions, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolea
    FileShare share)
    \gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\L
    y\Saves\Aethred_117846546\SaveGameInfo'
    \Saves\Aethred_117846546\SaveGameInfo'.
    FileShare share)
    y\Saves\andrej_170042742\SaveGameInfo'
    \Saves\andrej_170042742\SaveGameInfo'.
    FileShare share)
    y\Saves\df_218806788\SaveGameInfo'
    \Saves\df_218806788\SaveGameInfo'.
    FileShare share)
    y\Saves\sad_218806604\SaveGameInfo'
    \Saves\sad_218806604\SaveGameInfo'.
    FileShare share)

I have no idea where to start understanding this, except I get that message every time I try to load so SV can't even find the loads, even though every time I create a character and pass day 1, SV saves it properly every time. The saves are there, uncorrupted seemingly (ends with Save as advised in first post), but the game just can't find them.

I feel like I've done everything within the limits of my abilities and am just about to give up on ever playing the game ... Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.