1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

SV 2.6.06:Game crashes when trying to enter skull cavern? Unmodded and modded it happens

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jessicaks, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Jessicaks

Jessicaks Space Spelunker

Hey guys,

I'm wondering if you can help, my game crashes when I try to enter Skull Cavern. I at first thought it was because of my modded version, but I tried the unmodded version and it still crashes.

For the modded I used the 0.40Alpha SMAPI but I think it's the game itself if it even happens when I try the unmodded version

• Jessicaks

This is the bug report, but the mine_desert.xnb file is in the folder, so I'm confused :(

InnerException: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Error loading "Content\mine_desert.xnb". File not found.
      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.OpenStream(String name)
      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName)
      Stack Trace: at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName)
      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
      at xTile.Display.XnaDisplayDevice.LoadTileSheet(TileSheet tileSheet) in C:\Users\Barone_\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\tide-83511\TileMapEditor\xTile\Display\XnaDisplayDevice.cs:line 94
      at xTile.Map.LoadTileSheets(IDisplayDevice displayDevice) in C:\Users\Barone_\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\tide-83511\TileMapEditor\xTile\Map.cs:line 309
      at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateOther(GameTime time)
      at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
      at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
      at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
      at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
      at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
      at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
      at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args)

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Is the 'mine_desert.xnb' directly under your Content folder or in the Mines folder?

It needs to go here:
        "Stardew Valley/Content/Maps/Mines/mine_desert.xnb"

• Jessicaks

yeah it is, I made sure, it still crashes and no bug report :(

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

• honestrosewater

honestrosewater Space Hobo

For anyone who lands here from a search, I think the issue might be XNB Node. Some of the files were noticeably corrupted after unpacking and repacking (e.g., transparency of lights in Cursors). I had this issue using SMAPI and Fast Animations and after manually darkening my wet soil and artifact spots. I replaced my Contents folder with the original, and that fixed it. The SMAPI mods were not the problem.

• Sevrance

Sevrance Big Damn Hero

I know this is a year and a half old post, but I wanted to make sure others who have had this problem are getting the correct answer: If you use XNBloader mines_desert.xnb needs to be in both the root CONTENT\> folder as well as the MAPS\MINES\> folder.