1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Survival Drops

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by BarracudaLP, Jul 29, 2016.

1. BarracudaLP

BarracudaLP Big Damn Hero

I'm not sure how other players find this, but I am fine with the fact that survival drops items. What I'm not happy about with it is, when you want to retrieve them. Often I find myself on planets I need to search for colonies and suddenly a monster appears that destroys you with its rainbow barf. Since you loose your items you also loose the bandages aso that would help you to survive longer. Just wanted to say that and nothing more.

2. Fitcher

Fitcher Void-Bound Voyager

I got to agree on this, i play on survival and i rarely die.
    But when i do die i most often die 2-3 more times while trying to get my items.

Sure there is one way around this by having a small stack of healing items ready in your ship just in case you die and got a hard time retrieving the items.

3. BarracudaLP

Yeah, is there a way to get plant fibre easy? Making bandages is also a bit of a problem when it comes to making lots of it.

4. TheUnartist

TheUnartist Pangalactic Porcupine

This was really frustrating for me as well. I don't mind dropping the items I've gathered, but dropping consumables such as food and bandages seemed silly to me as they were items I brought with me, not ones I found on my current adventures, and they were the only items that needed to be constantly replaced on my hotbar every death.

Luckily modding the difficulty to not drop consumables is quite straightforward.

5. BarracudaLP

i only found to not drop items in general, but it would be apreaciated if healing and food items would not drop... is there a chance that this will be read by staff?

6. TheUnartist

TheUnartist Pangalactic Porcupine

They might.

There's this mod I use which includes the list of items you would drop by category. Healing and food items fall under consumables.
    http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/custom-difficulty.3778/

7. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

rainbow barf? where which world?

8. Tyonisius

Tyonisius Space Hobo

Yes. There are trees that look basically like giant weeds. When you cut them down you get tons of plant fiber and they can be grow right next to each other without need of spacing. You also get 3-6 saplings so you can spread it out quickly.

9. BarracudaLP

Can't remember, any monster that barfs anything for a long time and a damage output, that not only is so perfectly timed that you get each of its projectiled counted but also die from it, will do
    --- Post updated ---
    Yeah just found some on a rainforrest world. Riding modded mechs made many eviroments easy to explore... might ditch that thing in favour of fun

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016