Supposed to introduce myself apparently

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Redsun, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Redsun

Redsun Void-Bound Voyager

So I guess the title says my reason... Well I have been watching the development of the game since week one and i just thought I should make an account to help get involved in Starbound even more:)! I hope this is what the forum meant when it said to introduce myself. Oh and does anyone know if there is spell checko_O?

2. Tiger

Tiger Phantasmal Quasar

Welcome to the forums! You didn't have to, but it's always nice to introduce yourself!
    I don't know if there is a spell check...I don't think there is...?

3. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

The forums doesn't have one, but firefox does. IE doesn't and I'm not sure about the others.

4. 777eza

777eza Existential Complex

Greetings and salutations human hope you enjoy these forums

5. Space Core

Space Core Pangalactic Porcupine

GREETINGS FROM THE FUTURE OF SPACE!
    luckily my sub-etha antenna lets me send messages into the past so you can read this within your tiny lifetime.
    So enjoy your pathetically short time in this forum!

spacekurd likes this.
  6. qxp

qxp Tentacle Wrangler

There is a spell check, anytime something is spelled wrong it's underlined with red and you can right click it :)

7. Hostail

Hostail Pangalactic Porcupine

Hello and welcome to the forum! If you have browsers like Firefox and Google Chrome I believe they have spell check (I do at least)

8. Яetrospekt

Яetrospekt Pangalactic Porcupine

"Welcome. Welcome, to City 17"
    "It's safer here"

:D Welcome to zhe forums bro. And no standard spellcheck, Sawwry

9. Redsun

Thanks. I have one other question, is there a way to post comments on the home page of www.playstarbound.com ? like in the lighting demo there is a place to post coments, is there a way to log in there and post comment with my forum account?

10. Tiger

Tiger Phantasmal Quasar

To the right of the "Add New Comment", there is a button that says "Login". There it will give you a few options and just register a new one, if you don't have one. Though, the video might cover part of it, so you may want to open another post and do it.

11. Redsun

Thanks I thinkn i only have one more question (sorry didn't think of them all at one time:confused:) What are the points and how do you get them?

12. Tiger

Tiger Phantasmal Quasar

Points are how you are ranked, like how I am a member and you are a new member. You get them by getting trophies, which you can learn about here.
    Also, don't worry! I don't mind answering your questions :p

Redsun likes this.
  13. Redsun

Thanks that helped alot! alas this opens a new question, what does it mean to post a message? I would have thought it meant that posting things in the forum would count as a message...:confused:

14. Tiger

Tiger Phantasmal Quasar

Oh, I believe they made it so that the introduction posts don't count anymore. Though it would've been nice with an announcement or something...
    I guess that isn't really too important. Off topic and Introduction sections don't count, so if you want post count then I suggest exploring the suggestion section. Though, be sure to make the posts contribute to the conversation or topic.

15. Redsun

I thought it might have been that, THANK YOU!!!! You have been a HUGE help.I wouldn't post a comment if it was off topic and didn't contribute to the topic:). And thank you again.

16. Tiger

Tiger Phantasmal Quasar

No problem! I try to help everybody out as much as possible, and I don't really mind the post count.
    This is actually pretty fun for me :giggle:

17. Redsun

It says I have posted 3 messages... I think it might be you can't post on your own topics. But it I posted something on a suggestion (if you care it was about stances, you should check it out sometime), but I still don't have any points though, do you recieve them at a certain time or something? I would hope its fun to help people with how many question I am asking lol.

18. Tiger

Tiger Phantasmal Quasar

Oh, if you go ahead and click on how many trophy points you have, it will then say which trophies you have. Below it will give a link of all available trophy points and how to obtain them. Once you do something to obtain them, be patient. It takes a while for you to get your points :p
    Yep, this is still fun :up:

19. Redsun

Thanks its hard to patient when all of my patients is being used to wait for Starbound. Maybe one day I too will be able to help people with the knowledge you have shared with me, but only once I slow down on having questions lol. P.S. I just got an alert saying I got TWO trophies. WOOT, Space Junkie here I come!

20. Mrhighseas

Mrhighseas Star Wrangler

Hello and welcome to the Forums, Redsun! If you have any more questions, send me a PM. I hope that Starbound gives you great enjoyment!