Superstitions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ManaUser, Feb 26, 2018.

1. ladymurasaki

ladymurasaki Star Wrangler

Exactly. And my name is murasaki (purple in nihongo).

• Phea

Phea Big Damn Hero

1. I always, and I mean always hold down the button to click on Pig With Fez whenever the travelling cart comes by ever since I read somewhere that it oinks a little song. I try to find the song but it just sounds like a bunch of random oinks

2. As soon as I go down into a new level in the mine, I swish my sword around a few times (even though there's usually nothing waiting for me) just because I feel like it adds a bit of protection? Not really, but I do it anyway

3. As soon as I wake up I dash to the Statue of Perfection because I feel like it will give you the iridium at the time you took it on the next day (e.g, if I forget and collect it at 9 am, then from the next day it will start giving it to me from 9 am). I don't know why I do it, but I guess I'm just kind of paranoid :DD

• Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

I do that with the crystal statue thing. If you let it play long enough there seems like there's a bit of an actual tune to it instead of just random notes. Didn't know about the pig though. Must try.

• Seismothesaurus

Seismothesaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm not superstitious, but I have a compulsion to pick up every torch I see. In 600 hours, I have never left a single torch on the ground that I didn't put there myself. Do I regularly have over 500 torches in my inventory? Yes, and I love them all.

I also never go down a Skull Cavern level without my sword equipped, because I know that the one time I do, there will be twelve serpents waiting for me.

ManaUser likes this.
          • ladymurasaki

ladymurasaki Star Wrangler

It's not superstition, more of an HM-OCD-ness, but I only cook with small eggs and milk. This random mess in SDV where the quality and size isn't set by hear level is kinda annoying but I store the "less than large-gold/purple) things and cook with them. Won't put anything small in a maker. I even hate giving up a gold fishie for a request even tho I'm catching mostly gold (why are some silver?!?). It's why I need so much storage >_<.

• CartonCruncher

CartonCruncher Void-Bound Voyager

In my first save I always wore the farmer hat when I was doing farm work, and then the top hat when I went into town. I don't know, it just felt right :p.

Other than that, every time I play journey of the prairie king I always shoot at each entrance into the screen, in every level.

ManaUser likes this.
              • Phea

Phea Big Damn Hero

Me too! I also always stand in the bottom right corner regardless of what level it is (I don't get very far) so there is one less direction enemies can approach me from. I usually die anyway, but I just feel like I can better defend myself there.

• musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

I always have to say hi to the scarecrow every morning, it feels wrong to not acknowledge him, especially when he says "I've scared off 42 crows", I want to give him something to thank him for his great work! Fun Fact: if you move where the scarecrow is it resets the counter, so if he scared off 36 crows then you move him to a different spot, it'll say "I haven't encountered any crows yet"

• BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

You don't have to move him. Pick him up and put him back down in the same spot and it still resets the counter.