Question Superstitions & Myths

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Waffle-Chan, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

I saw this thread over on the Stardew forums, and figured it could be interesting what everyone was superstitious about in general
    https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/superstitions.141443/

Superstitions and Myths
    Throughout human history, people have believed in these. Often, it’s the little things, such as touching the outside of a plane before flying. This thread is dedicated to the discovery and documentation of superstitions and myths various members of this website believe in.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Superstition: a widely held but unjustified belief in supernatural causation leading to certain consequences of an action or event, or a practice based on such a belief.

Myth: a widely held but false belief or idea.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please try to respect people’s beliefs and opinions in this thread. Some superstitions and myths people believe in may be a little “silly”, but that’s no reason to make fun or insult them. This thread is purely for friendly conversation and discussion.

General Nuclear likes this.
  2. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

*gets dragged backwards through the wall into the thread while eating a bowl of cereal*
    What the! who, what, where, when!.. aww i got wall bits in my cereal *continue to eat literally the entire bowl of cereal* *crunch* so..*crunch* *crunch* so what happing *crunch* *crunch* *crunch*
    oh starbound myths and supertitions, lets see hmm

Well there are some myths going on about who created the glitchs and apexs,
    There is a theory that it's the same race that gave the avians their crystal.

Then there is those that say that they where made by the stargazers but they where removed or hidden for later use so i doubt it.

Then there are those figured that its the humans because of all the art copys turned into apexs and glitchs. which makes for a pretty lame and predictable plot twist. besides that cant be it because we can find fossils of both the races which means that both the races was created for over 100000 years ago.

then there are those that say that they where made by the unidentified race
    [​IMG] which don\t have any story yet.

Then there are those that say that they where created by the ancient. which is a even Waaaay more lame and predictable plot twist.

I mean that it would be way more fun if they where created by a crazy scientist race thats now extinct because of a massive and very stupid and dangerous experiment. And they just did all kinds of crazy and stupid experiments. You know because Science! and because they could and because... REASONS!.
    Science isn't about why its about why not! aka they where just throwing science at the wall to see what would stick.

Just like the crazy scientists in half life and portal and how about ted.

Anyway the thread name made me think about this song.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  3. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

I meant myths and superstitions IRL, but the that works too X3

General Nuclear likes this.