1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Supercool Protectorate Vehicle

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Beatrice, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Well, in the new Patch, you may find something like THIS:

Protectorate Vehicle.PNG

A Protectorate Vehicle! Better than a hoverbike, it stays in the air! You can't move friendly in the sky, but you can command it a bit up and down.
    Protectorate Vehicle 2.PNG

So, why didn't they make this cool stuff a full vehicle? At the moment, you can drive it only on a planet, no possibility to carry it over. What a shame! I really love it.

2. MrsGuu

MrsGuu Phantasmal Quasar

Only to find on poison planets?

Ankali likes this.
  3. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

I've only found a mini UFO and a small tank...

upload_2019-6-17_21-10-45.png

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    theflamingchuthulu and The Squid like this.
  4. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Jep, I know them, too. I'm trying to mod the dropship at the moment, so I can use it with a controller like the boat.

dropship.png

Regime Dropship.png

Not sure. I think it's totally random, depending on bounty hunting structures.

5. Catherine Franz

It's mostly on outlaw bases (the UFO and tanks) not sure about that 'coz I've never seen one yet...

6. BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747

BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747 Pangalactic Porcupine

Originally you'd see them through the scrapped encounter system. Wandering around on planets, there's a chance that this Protectorate dropship would come by with the window shield up to hide the driver and they'd do a carpet bombing of the small pixel pods. There was even portals being opened by The Ruin that spawned in some Ruin monsters too. Alongside bandits teleporting in to ambush you and from what I've heard, a monster coming out of a mech drop pod that landed near the player. Then some a WIP drone on Lush planets that protected the environment, if you mined any natural terrain it would zap you.

The encounter system was scrapped early on in the 1.4 beta but could still be used in any future update.

7. Catherine Franz

I think I've found one on a scorched planet and it uhh seems to fit given the broken things as background...
    upload_2019-6-20_18-8-50.png

E: I forgot to tell it was an outlaw uhh base I guess? like where ye find them and stuff...the teleporter is from the outpost (bought them)

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    STCW262 and Beatrice like this.
  8. Catherine Franz

Not gon' lie some weapons are stronger than any RNG looted ones in previous patches...
    upload_2019-6-20_20-50-15.png

Kordharin likes this.
  9. Basile Ocimum Tulip

Basile Ocimum Tulip Master Chief

Floran wantssss that!

Kordharin likes this.
  10. Armok

Armok Cosmic Narwhal

I too wish these were available in the vanilla game beyond that one encounter, but I do have plans to implement a tweaked, reusable version of this, not sure how the player would get it though since it's not clear whether vehicles can drop items when broken

11. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

12. Armok

Armok Cosmic Narwhal

Beatrice and The Squid like this.
  13. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

In fact, I wanted to extend the lore, too. As you may have seen, there are two different ships, one for each side of a faction, build on the ruins of the Protectorate. :) Nice improvements!

Armok likes this.
  14. Armok

Armok Cosmic Narwhal

interesting, I've been focusing more on USCM remnants for a rather ambitious mod idea, but your idea is certainly one I haven't seen looked into much

Beatrice and The Squid like this.