1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Super /sbg/ Race Mod 0.17

Eight (possibly more) exotic alien races from the depths of the Internet to spice up your galaxy!

1. Bluehaze83

Bluehaze83 Void-Bound Voyager

I forgot to mention i dont run nightly though. I'm not a big fan of how it kind of makes crafting impossible/harder(?)[DOUBLEPOST=1450555595][/DOUBLEPOST]http://prntscr.com/9g5mlo

2. Wall of Knowledge

Wall of Knowledge Cosmic Narwhal

3. Bluehaze83

Bluehaze83 Void-Bound Voyager

4. Koobertz

Koobertz Void-Bound Voyager

So i cannot figure out for the life of me how to install this... Any help?

5. carriontrooper

carriontrooper Existential Complex

Just plop them in your mods folder like every other mod. And also get one character selection mod to actually be able to play the races in this mod.

6. Koobertz

Koobertz Void-Bound Voyager

Okay sweet no wi just need to figure out more critters haha

7. thorlitium

thorlitium Space Hobo

I just want to say that I HAD to be a member of the site to download this mod, which is bullshit.

8. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

As is the case with virtually any other mod. You don't even need to post, however, so spend the few minutes signing up just so you can download mods. No need to get angry about it.

lazarus78 likes this.
  9. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Also, I decided to download and test your mod. Found a couple error-causing typos in \objects\ship\snosti\snostifuelhatch\snostifuelhatch.object and \objects\ship\snosti\snostishiplocker\snostishiplocker.object which call for images which don't exist. No other issues to report, given that I haven't actually sat down to test the mod so much as make sure my extensive list of mods cooperate with one-another.

10. carriontrooper

Yeah, those have been addressed and fixed, just waiting for those to get merged with the main mod.

11. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

Letting ya know! There's a problem with one of the SBG races, that removes the garbage can from the Outpost! It could also possibly be linked to the strange bug I've been having where some NPCs instantly die when trying to talk to them. Need to track down a town to confirm that specific bug!

EDIT: One second test and it would seem that on the bright side the NPC self-destruction is not from this mod at least...

12. Wall of Knowledge

Embarrassingly, I've been so caught up with things I'd forgotten that you actually got that fixed up. I'll work on merging that now (assuming I haven't already)

That's queer, I thought I fixed the trash can bug. Are you running the latest version of the mod?

13. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

Was pretty sure I was. I downloaded it a few days ago last I remembered, stored up for when I got my main operations settled. I'll redownload and double check in a mo, right now trying to clean out a tech mod I want to remove so gotta write down the world address

14. Wall of Knowledge

Update on this: turns out what I forgot was that I did implement carrion's patch, and it did fix those problems, just not the persistent little niggle that's still preventing the singularnosti ship from loading properly (and thus me being able to patch it):
    The material does in fact exist, is spelled correctly, and seems to be referenced correctly in the blockkey file, so I haven't figured out why it won't load.

15. carriontrooper

OK, experiment time. Replace every instance of apexshipplatform with lunarbaseplatform in the Blockkey file, see what happens. I wanna know if it's the apex ship platform, or my blockkey file that's doing the janky gremlining.

16. Wall of Knowledge

That seems to be working in the short term- now updating the deprecated objectType: 'noisy' in the tier 0 ship objects.
    Also, adding colonyTags to everything.

Edit: The ship is now rendering correctly, but hilariously you forgot that there's a broken door between the teleporter (where you spawn) and the tech station. :nurutease:

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  17. Wall of Knowledge

Wall of Knowledge updated Super /sbg/ Race Mod with a new update entry:

LukewarmFix

Read the rest of this update entry...

18. Wall of Knowledge

Wall of Knowledge updated Super /sbg/ Race Mod with a new update entry:

download link fixed

Read the rest of this update entry...

EDIT: Turns out something's gone fucky with the Starbound website and it refuses to update the proper link, so download the mod from here instead:
    https://mega.nz/#!5IoyVQoD!7VuogFgwBdNrtZ7txGm03PDhO1T9nui34JZpcPJP5n0

19. Esreadel

Esreadel Void-Bound Voyager

im being sent back to my ship after teleporting into lunar worlds.
    Appearantly whats causing the crash is the " droppodtest" as it attempts to spawn a villager which in the log says its not found.
    As soon as one of them crashes into the world it sends me back. heres the log of when that happens

[22:26:46.434] Error: WorldServerThread exception caught: (MapException) Key 'villager' not found in Map::get()
    [0] 7ff60d603e13
    [1] 7ff60d6007a8
    [2] 7ff60d1b73a1
    [3] 7ff60d2e0f90
    [4] 7ff60d2e8769
    [5] 7ff60d2e879d
    [6] 7ff60d2e5035
    [7] 7ff60d2de37c
    [8] 7ff60d2de57f
    [9] 7ff60d559e77
    [10] 7ff60d55476f
    [11] 7ff60d380cd4
    [12] 7ff60d37c5b1
    [13] 7ff60d3aa819
    [14] 7ff60d3aa5a2
    [15] 7ff60d61849d
    [16] 7ff9d4b18102 BaseThreadInitThunk
    [17] 7ff9d58ac2e4 RtlUserThreadStart
    [22:26:46.499] Error: UniverseServer: World thread has stopped due to an error, removing world CelestialWorld:120792388:-112492856:73540423:8:4
    [22:26:46.502] Info: Client received world stop packet, leaving: Removed
    [22:26:53.146] Info: Renderer destroyed
    [22:26:53.150] Info: UniverseClient: Client disconnecting...
    [22:26:53.185] Info: Client received world stop packet, leaving: Removed
    [22:26:53.565] Info: UniverseServer: Client 'Dantor Rakowal' <1> (local) disconnected
    [22:26:53.668] Info: UniverseServer: World thread has stopped due to inactivity, removing world ClientShipWorld:339de3c888c1937886bfc46be55899b0
    [22:26:54.790] Info: UniverseServer: Stopping UniverseServer
    [22:26:55.056] Info: Renderer initialized
    [22:26:57.101] Info: Renderer destroyed
    [22:26:57.102] Info: Application quitting!
    [22:26:57.102] Info: Client shutdown gracefully
    [22:26:57.265] Info: Shutting down Star::Root

EDIT: Ok i fixed it simply by editing the .projectile file in the droppodtest folder and renaming the "villager" it attempts to spawn to an actual monster name. Though i found it annoying having so many monsters spawn and deleted the "action on reap" part which worked.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  20. Wall of Knowledge

The other way to fix this would be to delete the weather patch file (though you'll need to regenerate your universe), which I did before I uploaded the latest patch- you're running an old version. See my previous post for the link to the newest version.