RELEASED Super Easy Fishing and Easy Bundles

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Siddybear, Mar 9, 2016.

1. tcjaime

tcjaime Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Okay, I finally made it to fishing level 3; it just took a really long time. But on the bright side, I have several fishing achievements now and a good start on my fishy collection. Evidently, in-game fishing is not for the faint of heart.

• zaerine

zaerine Orbital Explorer

Thank you so so much my useless arthritic hands will be forever grateful

• endermaryn

endermaryn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is a wonderful idea and I am happy to see that it is helping so many people.

Would you mind making a version of the super easy fishing mod where the fish moves to the top of the bar and stays there instead? :)

• gelelele

gelelele Aquatic Astronaut

Many thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!! You saved my (game)life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Siddybear

Siddybear Aquatic Astronaut

Sure i will take a look this weekend and get it sorted for you :)

• endermaryn

endermaryn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Awesome! Thanks ^.^

• sma

sma Subatomic Cosmonaut

This is an excellent mod. I was full of despair that I had so much trouble fishing. sigh. I did notice that sometimes you get a treasure chest while fishing. Is it possible to adjust the mod to accommodate both fishing and treasure collection?

• Alter@1

Alter@1 Void-Bound Voyager

I will download this try first, thanks a lot

• avidDreamwriter

avidDreamwriter Space Hobo

Oh my gosh thank you SO much for this! (literally just joined the forums to show my thanks >.>). This is REALLY helpful since my poor old laptop has a half-working mousepad on it, so it makes things like combat and fishing in ANY game difficult... Now I can do things!

Lore86 likes this.
                    • Lore86

Lore86 Orbital Explorer

Thanks so much for these mods! <3

• Ashleykuplic

Ashleykuplic Void-Bound Voyager

I made an account just to say how much I lovvveeee your mod!! its so amazing!!!
                        THANK YOU so much!!!! <3<3<3<3
                        :nod::nod::party:
                        :lickitung:

Lore86 likes this.
                        • Rubicant1982

Rubicant1982 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Fishing was the bane of my game until this mod :O
                          thank you!

Now for the easy fishing would it be possible to have the treasure chests spawn always at the bottom like the fish? or make it so the fish doesn't escape at all?
                          yes ... I know total cheating! but its a curiosity. :)

• ceurin

ceurin Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for help on those bundles! :love:

• Kagea

Kagea Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you so much for this fishing help! I was so frustrated with almost always losing my fish especially if you take account of the time and energy loss you have without gaining anything.

• piratezevelyn

piratezevelyn Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you so so much! I'm am using the fishing mod, I just couldn't do the fishing. You are a life saver!

• Jaed

Jaed Industrial Terraformer

I was really looking forward to using the fishing mod because it appears I just fail at fishing. But using the mod made my husband disappear. So then I deleted the file and put the old one back and he remains disappeared. >.<

Any suggestions? I just had baby and need his help around the farm!
                                  (It could also easily be user error since all I did was replace files. Are there instructions somewhere for how to install a mod if my method was incorrect?)
                                  Update: And now I can't get back into the game. Loading the file crashes it. Help?!

Last edited: May 29, 2016
                                  • Kagea

Kagea Scruffy Nerf-Herder

O.O what? wow thats terrible :(
                                    okay first things first if you only use the fish mod you should have only replaced one file the fish.xnb You find the file in your Stardew Valley folder: \...\Stardew Valley\Content\Data (if you own the Steam Version it's where you installed Steam). So you don't install a mod or something you just replace a file.

[​IMG]
                                    (if you are unsure if you have the right folder the Content of it should look like this)

1.Have you maybe installed another mod or replaced another file together with this one? Or did you delete a file? which could has caused this?
                                    2.Was he gone dierectly after you started to Play? or did he disapear after some time?
                                    3.What other mods do you use (if you use some)?
                                    4. Do you now crah with the "modded" xnb file or the original? and what did you change from no husband to whole game crashing?

I have attached the Original Stardew Valley fish.xnb file to this post if you are unsure if your original file could be corrupted or if you don't have it anymore.

Good Luck!

Attached Files:

• Jaed

Thanks for the reply!
                                      1. I have no other mods in the game. No other files were deleted/removed/swapped.
                                      2. He was gone as soon as I zoned in. He's always either in the house or on the porch at 6 am so when he wasn't anywhere, I exited to desktop and tried it again. Still awol.
                                      3. I don't use any other mods.
                                      4. I now crash with the original file back in place. Here is my (short version) changelog: a) rename original file to Fish_original.xnb, b) add the modded file Fish.xnb, c) login & lose husband 2x, d) delete file Fish.xnb, e) rename file Fish_original.xnb to Fish.xnb, f) login & husband still lost 2x, g) login and game crashes to desktop x5.

The other things I should mention are that I'm running Win XP Pro and have Steam and Steam games on my E:/ drive, while the Saves are in User/AppData/etc. Also, every attempt to log into the game creates another copy of my character. And here's the text from the error logs (they are all the same):
                                      Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                                      InnerException:
                                      Stack Trace: at StardewValley.Game1.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
                                      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
                                      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
                                      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                                      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
                                      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
                                      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                                      at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
                                      at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
                                      at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
                                      at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
                                      at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
                                      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
                                      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
                                      at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args)

Hope that's useful. Again thanks!

• Jaed

/bump

I'm looking for any insights into a fix for what apparently is a corrupted game file after swapping Fish.xnb with the modded version then back to the original. Is there a game repair tool? A way to rollback a day?

• foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

Your character's old save is in your AppData/StardewValley/Saves directory. One file should be named something like "Jaed_117653654_old", and the other should be named "SaveGameInf_old".

I have no clue why your game ate your spouse and is now throwing an AccessViolation error, though. Especially if all you've done is swap the files out. The values in Fish.xnb have nothing to do with anything in the game other than, well, fish.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016