WIP SunDrop Village (A Collaborative Effort)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Androxilogin, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Mr.Mudkipss

Mr.Mudkipss Big Damn Hero

i just think it'd be a lot easier if everyone who was working on it was in one big group chat, this thread is kind of messy :/ there is a discord but if you're SUPER opposed to it, then maybe a google docs/hangouts? We need a place where we can easily compile ideas.

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

You are right, but I guess we are still organising.
      @TenkoKuugen @Farzaxis, in case you are really interested in this project, and since you do not enjoy Discord, which other media would you prefer to use so we could start this baby?

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

I can not make mods. But I can help with ideas if you want me too. I also do recolors of sprites.

• Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

Invite sent!

Invite sent!

• Gwenhwyfar

Gwenhwyfar Subatomic Cosmonaut

Interesting, I've actually had an idea of creating a large Zuzu City mod somewhere down the line. I see people are already getting around to creating a city mod now.

It makes senses to finally make use of the bus stop to go back to the city you came from. In my version of the mod, I was going to include a Jojomart that Morris will run off to when the one in the village closes down. In the city, you'd get to see prices increases at Jojomart by 25% as thanks from Morris to his "favorite customer" for running him out of town.

• Androxilogin

That is an interesting idea. A city with skyscapers and whatnot isn't on my list, but a seperate town setting is more of what I have in mind. This mod team is slowly growing!

• Gwenhwyfar

Gwenhwyfar Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well then, I guess I could get to working on Zuzu City as a separate project.

I plan to start small and make maps for only the outskirts of Zuzu City, where you will see a few downtown shops and, of course, Jojomart. I might also throw in a park. I wouldn't include any new NPCs, just random sprites to make the city look more alive and it'll be very shopping center focused, kind of like Animal Crossing: City Folk.

Nevertheless, I could see helping in developing a separate town map could help me in learning how to implement the city mod I want to make. I'd be willing to help in any way I can. I could help in implementing the town map, if you'd like.

• Androxilogin

Been looking for something to use as a base and keep telling myself to start one but haven't, if you want to contribute to the project it's open! And who knows, skyscraper may be in my future as well.

• Cider

Cider Ketchup Robot

I love the idea of other villages, my only concern is that it may be hard to constantly traveling and trying to balance the various relationships between them and the base npcs of Pelican town. That being said there are also things like what can these new places offer, are there going to be new items? New crops to get? New monsters?

• HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

I don't know the limitations of ALL or NPC adding, but would adding a rival farm and farmer be possible? As the years go on in the game it would be nice to have someone to compete against since there's not much else to do.

• Mr.Mudkipss

Mr.Mudkipss Big Damn Hero

I'm pretty proficient at adding new NPCs. Im sure its something we could maybe do!

• HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

Really? I've been trying to add NPC's since I started modding! Do you have a tutorial you follow or could maybe give me some tips? I have a lot of character ideas I would like to try.

• Balduranne

Balduranne Void-Bound Voyager

I'd join as a spriter if you guys end up using Discord. Not sure why the dislike for it, but for me it's the goto communicator for this sort of thing.
                            Just need to point out that if this is to get off the ground, it needs planning.

• Androxilogin

Hmm.. I haven't been getting update for this thread for a while for some odd, mysterious reason. Anyway, for the time being at least, NPCs will have to be added to the Content directory or added with a SMAPI mod, which isn't a big deal, just a bit more scattered than the luxury of having everything placed in one convenient folder. Hooking in new locations is pretty easy through ALL along with using most redirects for added dialogue and whatnot.

• Androxilogin

DOUBLE-POSTING MY OWN THREAD, Bad juju but here's a run-down:

This project has taken a bit to get off the ground so this morning I took it upon myself to get some things in action. I've decided the entrance to SunDrop Village will be accessible through a "Lonezark Trail". The requirements of opening this path is still undetermined as of the moment. Lately I've been working on a ton of things that already exist or upcoming mods I have in mind and decided to take a break from those for a moment since they've come a long way since my last release (Cleanup Crew, Expanded Crevices, Spouses Move Out, Tree Life, Visual Improvement Program) and I'm confident in saying I'm far enough ahead to be satisfied with where they're going (including a few of the newer unreleased mods I've been working on; the Active Delivery & Dismissal system, More Interactive & Realistic Conversation, Organized Corrosion Detection) I have yet to begin working on the trail so it's up for grabs so far. I've mostly been working on interior design as of late to fit into this project somewhere later on. The mall has been temporarily placed on hold until this project gets on its' feet. To any mod authors associated with this project that have any NPC characters in mind or anything else to begin throwing out there, the Discord channel is up and running. Even if no one is around, toss it up there and someone will surely be around eventually to give their input. I will be posting screenshots of some of my own work as well as thoughts and ideas there as soon as possible. Simba, it is time!

Also, a little video update on my current progress elsewhere can be found on my blog and that link can be found in my profile. A little disclaimer: the new video contains some vulgarities that may be unsuitable for most.. mIRC mod takes from real-life conversations with past friends and acquaintances so bare in mind they often my not reflect my personal values nor intentions. They are also still under close development and subject to change but moreso have nothing to do with this project so really have no place here.. But have been in constant development so I felt I might mention. Direct links will not be posted out of respect to the original developer's own personal vision and its' intended audience. The mIRC mod will not be added to this site nor discussed in for the same purpose.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
                                • sporefreak

sporefreak Master Chief

I would Love to help out any way i can! I can do basic map editing, I could probably do some sprites too, Im not very active on these fourms but i am very active on discord. (I havnt read through all the pages so i apologize if there is something already) I would be willing to "Donate" my discord channel if anyone is interested for voice chat and other stuff. I would set up different text channels for different things. one for "Official" announcments/things to be added, suggestions, talking about ideas etc. lemme know if anyone would be interested in that.
                                  Discord is like a better version of skype/teamspeak

• Androxilogin

This project could use all the help it can get. There's already a Discord channel, I could send you an invite.

• sporefreak

sporefreak Master Chief

Yeah that would be great

• Smallcorners

Smallcorners Subatomic Cosmonaut

Please remember the time constraints of the character's day. Perhaps in your villages and towns, an inn/hotel, would be a good idea?
                                        While I am new-ish to the game, I am enjoying it (except fishing, I loathe fishing) and looking forward to 'expansions' as my horizons broaden!

• KATpwnd

KATpwnd Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'd love to help with this. Programming might not be my number 1 thing but I think I could totally help with pixeling and stuff like that. Maybe some ideas.