Sundew Farm returns for v1.1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SunTide, Oct 12, 2016.

1. SunTide

SunTide Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Day 25

I've decided that it makes more sense to upgrade my pick than my watering can. I don't know if there is going to be a rain day that would cover for the watering can upgrade, and the pick will help me right away. The mines actually become economically viable when you reach the magma levels and have a good pick. Moreover, the 4th day of Summer is guaranteed to be a storm day, so I can just plan on upgrading my can then.

Project Gift Cache is going to have to wait. Again. I just have too much stuff to carry. I have to fetch my hoe, turn in my pick, carry enough stuff for the Crab Pot Bundle, carry as much extra bundle crap as I can, be able gift bomb people while I'm in town, and sell some strawberries directly to Pierre. There's just not space for a bunch of chests and a double armload of Tulips.

I get it all done. I get three new Crab Pots from the CC. I place two of them in the ocean so I can start getting the ocean-specific fish. I use the mine cart to quickly warp to the lake and start fishing at 1:00

At 7:00 I decided to take a chance and go into the caves. I'm not going mining, I mean, I don't even have my pick. I'm going to try for the unique cave fish that you find at levels 20 and 60 (there's another one at 100, but I don't have access to that yet). On average, the income is lower, but I'd like to get these guys out of the way.

I get lucky and catch the Stonefish right away. The Ice Pip takes longer. At 12:30 I'm ready to give up, but then I hook him with my last cast.

I make $5600 today. I need another ~20k to meet my minimum goals before the end of the season.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
    • SunTide

Disagree a bit with the horse. It interacts poorly with the mine carts, but on the days that you can use him, he is very useful indeed. Those days when you make a long loop through the forest and into town take a few hours less if you have him, which is actually kind of a big deal. Even on mine cart days, he's not useless. He finds his way back home on his own, so you can ditch him without consequence.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
      • SunTide

Day 26

I am determined to solve my inventory problems today. I'm going to take a long loop through the forest and into town, planting caches and taking care of hearts. I need to go through town anyway, since it's Pierre's birthday. I pull a gold Parsnip out of storage for him.

I reach the Secret Woods for the first time. I plant a chest right at the beginning. It's not uncommon between the hardwood and the forage and the monster drops to get overloaded when coming here, and having a chest eases the pain. You can also permanently store a sword here, so you never have to carry one with you.

I go ahead and collect the hardwood, along with a nice batch of forage, enough to justify the trip right there. I quickly fish in the pond until I catch a Woodskip, then head out. The chest is immediately useful, because there was no way I could actually carry all of that loot today.

I stop by the Wizard's Tower and plant another chest, filling this one with Solar Essences. I will never have to carry a gift to the Wizard ever again.

I go through town and catch up on gifts. It's Friday, and the reset is tomorrow, so I need to stay on top of this. I set up another chest near George and Evelynn's house and dump all of my Tulips and Leeks in there. That is a pile of specific gifts that I will never have to carry with me again. I also hit the Community Center and drop off every miscellaneous item that I can. I complete the Exotic Forage bundle, which gives you 5 Autumn's Bounties. The main benefit here is that I can sell the stack for $1750.

Friday is when the big party happens at the Saloon, so I use that to consolidate my heart gathering.

I'm only able to do some minor fishing. I use the mine cart to go back home, and make a point to clear as much accumulated junk out of the mining chest as possible.

I make $5336 today, about a third of which came from the Autumn Bounty bundle. Not great, but this was more of a support day.

• SunTide

Day 27

The pick will be ready today. It's also Emily's Birthday, which is no big deal, since I have to go to town to see Clint, anyway. I take a Topaz with me for the birthday girl.

I make the forest loop again. It eats up a lot of time, but I want to retrieve the loot I left in the Secret Woods cache. I go ahead and collect the hardwood while I'm there, why not?

May as well stop by the Wizard and hand him a Solar Essence from the autofeeder.

I snag a cool 640 points for giving Emily the Topaz. I quickly check the tidal pool for goods, since this is Saturday. I stop by Pierre's to buy the two fruit trees, and then warp to the mines using the cart. I want to clear as much as possible. I make disappointing progress, only taking ten floors and reaching level 100. I get $2000, mostly from forage.

I plant the trees and go to bed. I need to make about 13k tomorrow. Believe it or not, I think that might be possible.

• SunTide

Day 28

At last, a no bullshit day. There's no pressure from a pending reset, no watering to be done, no birthdays to remember, no tools to fetch, and no inventory hassles slowing me down. I collect my last harvest of parsnips, potatoes, and tulips, and then go straight to the mines.

I rock it pretty hard. The spirits were pleased today, and I find lots of gems and gold. I even have a little left over time when I reach the bottom

[​IMG]

I do a few quick raids on the upper floors. It's nice when you no longer care about hitting checkpoints, since you can just exit out of a floor that isn't going well with little consequence.

How did I do?

[​IMG]

I guess I was a bad enough dude, after all. The high forage income is due to me finding a mushroom floor. It's a very good layout to find, especially since Gatherer sometimes doubles the loot. "Other" is mostly monster drops. Each Void Essence is worth 50, and shadow monsters can drop as many as two at a time. I'll admit that this number is padded from leftover loot from yesterday that I wasn't able to carry home before.

• kittyhawk

kittyhawk Poptop Tamer

To reliably get those free cauliflower seeds by the 2nd of Spring, mine the stones on your farm (and below your farm, if necessary) for geodes. Depending on whether you are lucky enough to also find an artifact on your first day of game play, it is even possible to have free seeds on the 1st day of Spring.

(edit to fix dates; thought you arrived on the 1st of Spring and began farming on the 2nd)

• Bless

Bless Void-Bound Voyager

Glad to see you back, Sundew Farm has always been a fascinating read. Love the overthinking (saves me doing it for once) and the occasional story is gold.

• StarPeanut

StarPeanut 2.7182818284590...

+1! I loved reading the original series and was sad when it ended. I've learned a lot already from reading about your new adventure. Thanks so much for writing this up!

Out of curiosity, you mentioned at the beginning of this thread that the wiki is wrong in some places, and then went on to provide much more detailed information on game mechanics than are on the wiki. Is there any reason not to copy that information over to the wiki so that future readers there can also benefit?

• SunTide

How did we do this time?

Income
                    [​IMG]

92k is respectable, if not amazing. I was hoping to break 100k, but this works. Higher numbers are certainly possible, but probably not without significant concessions in other categories.

Experience
                    [​IMG]
                    Maxed out Fishing and all other skills are either 6 or are about to be 6. Lots of perks!

Social
                    [​IMG]

Solid. I consider anything at two hearts or better to be on target for hitting the caps by year 2. This was by far the hardest four weeks for the social minigame, since gifts were limited and I only had access to a handful of loved items. Gus is the only one lagging, and he is one gift away from the threshold.

Community Center
                    [​IMG]
                    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
                    [​IMG]
                    [​IMG]
                    [​IMG]

Got all the Spring exclusives and a head start on many future bundles. The big ticket item here is the Boiler Room. There are a few miscellaneous artisan items that I could have delivered but chose not to, because there would be no immediate benefit. I could have finished the Construction Bundle, but there was never a time when I had the extra inventory space, and the reward is underwhelming (it's a kiln).

Equipment
                    [​IMG]
                    Completed the Steel Tier, and got one gold tool. Fishing Rod is at Fiberglass level. I have 219 Salmonberries left (I consider stamina stock to be gear). I'm also rocking a lucky Iridium Ring, a full-sized Glow Ring, the Space Boots, and the Obsidian Sword.

Basic Resources
                    [​IMG]
                    A comfortable supply of stuff. I need more Hardwood, but getting it is now trivial. I have enough gold to finish the gold tier of tools and have plenty left over to sell. I wouldn't mind more iron for bombs, but I will find iron ore as a side effect of doing monster hunting.

Shipping
                    [​IMG]
                    I had the presence of mind to ship one example of almost everything that I could get my hands on. I did most of the heavy lifting on Polyculture. The only disappointment is that I miscounted the Green Beans and ended up with only 13 shipped. I do have two more, but I need them for a cooking recipe. It's not a big deal, you can't even complete Polyculture in the first year anyway.

Fishing
                    [​IMG]

A solid collection. Got all of the Spring exclusives, including the Legend Fish. I also got the annoyingly rare Stonefish and Ice Pip. The only possible items not included are a few ocean crab pot fish, and the Magma Worm.

Minerals
                    [​IMG]

For the most part, you will get all the minerals in a timely manner if you process lots of geodes. The big item here is the Prismatic Shard, which can be frustratingly rare.

Artifacts
                    [​IMG]

Artifacts are the most random part, and getting them all by year 1 is something that I will have very limited control over. The fishing exclusive artifacts in particular can be hard to find, and I am glad to have at least gotten the rare Elvish Ring. The geode artifacts will come on their own. The fossil ones can be hard, because they come from artifact spots, and there's no way to mass farm those.

I have two of the Dwarf Scrolls, which is good but not great. I was hoping for a season one completion on that set. I will need to find the other two scrolls soon if I want get ten hearts with the Dwarf. The red and green scrolls can both be reliably found by harvesting monsters in the mines. I'll probably start by hunting Dust Sprites for the green one, which will also give me progress towards the Burglar's Ring.

Museum
                    [​IMG]
                    You can largely infer the state of my museum from the previous tabs, but this image shows that I have 15 Lost Books. It also reveals that I still haven't delivered an Emerald (I've found plenty, just never donated one) or my Prismatic Shard. The Shard is obviously going towards a Galaxy Sword, but the next one will go here.

Cooking
                    [​IMG]
                    Come on, I don't even have a kitchen. I've been hoarding ingredients,and I don't think I'm missing any Spring exclusives here.

Cheevos
                    [​IMG]

Yeah, I got a few of them.

Monsters
                    [​IMG]

Not a priority right now, but surprisingly good progress in many categories. I will probably narrowly focus Dust Sprites for the reward. 1000 Slimes before year 2 might not be feasible.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
                    • SunTide

That's an interesting idea. I've never tried it. The main difficulty I see is having enough stamina to bust all those rocks. How big of an obstacle did you find this to be when you did it?

Thanks, glad you liked it. I hope that the pseudo-guide part is useful to people.

The reason is that I don't wanna :p

Anyone is welcome to update the wiki with the info in this thread. I would consider it to be a favor, actually.

• kittyhawk

kittyhawk Poptop Tamer

It's interesting that you asked that question. It made me realize that the initial discovery was by chance -- before v.1.1, I would haphazardly clear the area to the left of my house, across the front of the greenhouse and up to Grandfather's shrine. There were always several geodes and then I'd run off to town to meet people (so never actually set out to get all of the rocks). Now I wonder if the original farm layout was biased towards geodes in that area, or if (perhaps) it is a matter of getting geodes after a certain number of stones are broken.

Living on the Forest map was the first time I deliberately set out to 'farm' for geodes, and I had the usual success. Stamina wasn't a problem since my crops were so limited. I tend to use dandelions and leeks to replenish energy on the first day (assuming I've found more than one of each), but I don't recall if I needed them or not. I don't like to eat them if I can get away with it.

Btw, I did not find this technique as useful on the Riverlands map as it takes time to navigate the pathing to the rocks.

Keep in mind that not all geodes are going to contain something for the museum. I've always gone in with at least one artifact.

(edit): to clarify.. on Forest map, it was day 2 that I got the seeds. I did go below my farm and clear stones too.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
                        • StarPeanut

StarPeanut 2.7182818284590...

Okay, thanks! I'll copy it over to the wiki as soon as I get time, probably this weekend. I didn't want to do so without your permission. Thanks for working out the details of these mechanics! :)

• SunTide

One of this things that jumps out at me when looking back at this first season is how little rain I got. There was the hardcoded rain on day 3, and then a single random one on day 19. The first one was spent running back and forth from Willy's so that I could upgrade my rod. The second one was spent running back and forth from the lake and the ocean so that I could get my Legend Fish and Eels. I wasn't able to dedicate either of them to just straight catfishing.

That's actually a really huge setback. A good catfishing day typically clocks in at around 9k. I never got any of that.

There is also the problem of watering. During the second week, I was bursting at the seams trying to maintain my normal crop plus all those overflow plots, and all with minimal proficiency and the weakest tools. A single rain day would have saved me about $600 in stamina alone, in addition to the catfish benefit.

Two rain days is the lowest I have ever seen, and if anyone gets more than that, they can easily surpass what I did here.

The other thing I see is that mining became super powerful, but I only got to exploit it on the final day. A more rational player would skip some of the vanity purchases and completionist-leaning tool upgrades and get faster pick upgrades instead.

Oh yeah, I never listed my silly purchases:

Plush Bunny: $2000
                            Rarecrow: $2500
                            Tub O Flowers Recipe: $1000
                            Rare Seed: $1000

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
                            • SunTide

Summer 0

Farm layout is more important in Summer than Spring, for several reasons. The biggest issue is that it is the first season where you can start out on day 1 with permanent crops. If you screw up a parsnip plot, it's no big deal, because you can just redesign it after the harvest. You don't have that luxury with things like blueberries. The other problem is that some of the crops persist into the next season, so you have to be more forward thinking.

I have a steel watering can, but I intend to upgrade ASAP, so I am going to design my farm for the Gold and Iridium tiers and just deal with the layout being inconvenient for the first few days. I've settled on a hollow circle layout, which minimizes the amount of walking that has to be done.

[​IMG]

The idea is that I can walk around in the interior space and quickly water everything from there, with the well always being no more than 2 steps away at any given time. The hops are placed so that my natural path from the house will take me right past them as I approach the farm, so harvesting them will take basically zero time. At the start of the circuit, I have a dump chest that I will use to clear inventory clutter and allow hassle free harvesting. It will also be a place to consolidate all of my crops before making decisions about which ones to keep, which ones to ship, which ones to keg, etc. I will add other machines to the interior space as needed.

When I'm done with my circuit, I will be right within range of my crab pot area, so I can take care of that as well. That crab pot area has a chest dedicated to it, as well as a recycler. I keep most of the trash items and their recycled products in the this chest so that they don't clutter my main storage, and fetch things on an as-needed basis.

The fruit trees are placed so that my normal path takes me right past them, so I don't need to do any extra work to check on them and I just barely need to alter my course to harvest them. I'll probably add in some kegs and jars in that area as well. As I get new fruit trees, I'll start to populate the other corners as well.

The crop selection is based more on completion and ease of use than raw financial efficiency. There is a strong bias towards repeating crops, since they are easier to deal with. Crops that are loved by specific villagers also get priority. I got 20 units of Speed Gro from the CC, and I ended up using them on the Star Spangles and the Hops. Getting one extra Spangle crop means that I'll have enough for a year's worth of gifts for Caroline, plus some leftovers for generic gift giving. You get a lot of extra harvests from putting Speed Gro on hops, so they got the Speed Gro treatment as well. I have 2 units of Gro left, which I'm just going to store for now. Everything else got treated with fertilizer, except for the wheat (because who cares about wheat quality?). I had 5 units of Quality Fertilizer from a random present, so 5 of my melons got that instead of regular fertilizer.

If I had been optimizing for steel tools, the blocks would have been 9x5 instead of 9x6. But I intend to reach Iridium tier tools before the season ends, so I'm planning around that. At gold tier, each block neatly creates 6 3x3 subunits, which works. It's not ideal, because I'll have to walk through the crops to make it work, but it's not bad, either. At Iridium tier, I can water the whole thing in 12 actions, and without ever having to leave the interior circle.

In the upper right corner, you can see my one concession to sprinklers. I had a bunch of miscellaneous crops that didn't fit anywhere else. I've got the coffee, starfruit, and ancient plant from last season, a poppy that I'm using for honey, and some random Mixed Seeds. Tending them is annoying, so I just used a sprinkler for it.

I'm slowly moving my tree tap farm to the cave area. The idea is that taps need to be checked infrequently, and the cave needs to be checked every second day, so why don't I consolidate the two tasks? I wanted the trees to be growing flush against the cliff wall, but the game is inconsistent about when you are allowed to do that and when you aren't. I end up using StardewValleySaveEditor to just move them where I want them. It turns out that trees that are right next to the cave get a little glitchy, so that might be why the rules are so weird. I'll probably scoot those trees around a bit more so it doesn't look so bad.

[​IMG]

I really need to cut the grass in that area.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
                                kittyhawk likes this.
                              • SunTide

Summer 1

I expect this to be a crazy busy day. I am very glad that I cleared out the area in advance. The well and the scarecrows are already placed, so counting out where the plots should go is easy.

I water the soil as soon as I till it, to reduce walking time.
                                [​IMG]

I don't even try to finish the groundwork in one pass. Around noon, I leave for town to buy seeds. The worst possible mistake I could make today is to lose track of time and have Pierre close on me.

I thought that I would have a comfortable margin, but I was wrong. I ended up having enough money almost exactly:
                                [​IMG]

I started with $15,716 and ended with $76, so that's $15,640 needed as cash in hand for anyone that wants to emulate this set up.

I run out of fertilizer near the end. It's no big deal, I only need to chop four or five trees to get enough to finish the job.

It's past midnight when I plant the last crop.

Forage clears level 6, as I expected it to. That makes Lightning Rods possible.

• SunTide

Summer 2

Now I can just cruise for a while, slowly accumulating money in anticipation of the storm on day 4. Should be nice and easy. Maybe I'll take a crack at some of the new Summer fish, or maybe I'll do the reductively powerful thing and hit the mines. The only snag is that I have to water my crops with an ill-suited tool today and tomorrow. No big deal. Let's see the weather forecast...

[​IMG]
                                  [​IMG]

It turns out that I was wrong about the storm always being on the 4th. I reached that conclusion from the age old mistake of thinking "If you test something, and you see the same result three times in a row, it must always be like that." Nope! Sometimes it's just random!

After a few more experiments, I am convinced that there is a hardcode that makes the storm appear sometime during the first week of Summer, but the exact day is random. So this is my only guaranteed rain day, and it came right after I zeroed out my account.

It might be possible to raise the money in time. The problem is that I have to buy the upgrade today, and after watering my crops. I can't ship anything, I have to visit each merchant directly, and I have to do it all before 4:00, when Clint closes.

I assess my options
                                  [​IMG]

I could sell all of my gold ore. That totally sucks, since I would have had it all smelted in 4-5 days, and then its value would be doubled, but its an option. I can also liquidate my copper stocks. Selling the iron bars would help a lot, but I need those for lightning rods, and I have to have those built by tonight.

I'm done watering at 9:00, and I dash for the cart and go straight to the mines.

The first floor I reach is a mushroom cave, a very good find
                                  [​IMG]

It turns out that once a floor is rolled as a mushroom floor,it is always a mushroom floor. I could just quickly loop this floor over and over and make tons of money, but I don't like that kind of stuff. I could earn enough money to buy everything right there and right now if I wanted to. I decide that I have to clear ten floors before I'm allowed to repeat any.

10:30 I'm on floor 112. I find a jade node, which gets doubled by Geologist
                                  10:50 An emerald on floor 113, also doubled
                                  11:10 I've reached floor 115. I've only found gold ore on the last few floors, which is fine
                                  11:50 Emeralds and Aquamarines on 117
                                  12:10 Gold bar monster drop on 118
                                  1:40 Floor 119 It's time to stop

If I quit now I can probably reach the Adventurer's Guild, Pierre's and then Clint's before 4:00. I consider my loot:
                                  [​IMG]

There's a lot of stuff here that I don't really want to sell, but I'll probably have to. Even liquidating everything, I'll only end up with $9603. I'll have to rely on those geodes to make up the difference.

3:10 I've hit the Guild and taken the cart to town. I reach Pierre's counter and sell all those mushrooms. I run for the blacksmith

3:40 I made it. I dump all nonessential stuff in the chest outside so that I don't have to deal with inventory juggling when I smash those geodes. I smash the geodes before selling any ore, just to see my options
                                  [​IMG]

Lots of valuable minerals, but almost all of them are needed for my collection :( I finally end up selling all of my gold ore and the Star Shard mineral. That gets me to $10,000, and I purchase the upgrade. Tomorrow it will rain, and the next day I will get my can back, and everything will be good. This seriously set me back, though. Stupidly bad timing.

I use the rest of the day hitting villager clumps. I say hi to the aerobics club and visit Penny's class right as they are near the lemonade stand. I am able to gift bomb a ton of villagers all at once. There's a posting from Shane for a pike, so I stick my rod in the water and catch one. That's a quick $300 right there. I kind of need the cash right now.

11:20 I get home and make lightning rods. I have enough materials to make six. I'd like more, because there seems to be some kind of code that scales up the number of lightning strikes with the number of rods that you have, but six is a respectable number for right now. I put them on the far right border where they will be out of the way. CA himself has confirmed that their location on the map has nothing to do with what structures they protect.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
                                  • SunTide

Summer 3

Storm day! With no chores holding me down, I zip over to the beach and start fishing.

Don't get me wrong, fishing is no longer king and summer rain days aren't actually special. But I have some specific goals here:
                                    -Catch an octopus for my collection. This is a fish that only appears in the morning and can be awkward to catch on work days
                                    -Catch a Red Snapper. The Snapper is a below-average fish that only appears during the rain. This means that rain days are actually worse than sunny days during the summer. But I need a Red Snapper for the Community Center
                                    -Catch the Crimsonfish. There's no time window on this, but as long as I'm at the ocean, I should try
                                    -Catch a few Super Cucumbers. It's an ocean only fish that only comes out at night. I feel less pressure on this, since finding time to fish during the evening is easier than in the morning.

I fish off of the pier near the tidal pool. The only advantage to doing this versus Willy's wharf is that the Crimsonfish lives here. Once I've caught him, I'll never have to come back to this remote location.

I hook two octopi and land one of them. Good enough. That takes the pressure off of my mornings. Crimsonfish is easy
                                    [​IMG]

Then I just stay and fish. I don't get any Super Cucumbers, which is too bad, but not a disaster. I end up making $4800, but that doesn't include the value of any fish that I kept for bundles and quests. I also refuse to sell the Crimson Fish. I can mark most of the ocean fish off of my list. I'm only missing the Super Cucumber and the Pufferfish, and the Pufferfish only comes out during sunny weather.

All six lightning rods are holding a charge when I get back. Each one will be worth $500 tomorrow.

• SunTide

Summer 4

I really want to back to the mines and start rebuilding my ore stock. A mine trip would also generate a lot of cash, and I'm really Jonesing for both a horse and a better backpack. But today is kind of a messy day, and I'm probably better off doing clean up work instead.

-It's Thrusday, and I'm way behind on my gifts
                                      -I still need to collect more hardwood for the stables
                                      -It's Jas' birthday
                                      -I need to fetch my can from Clint, which also means that I can't start my day off by watering
                                      -I'd like to complete the Summer Forage Bundle
                                      -It's mushroom day. A minor task, but it still eats up a little time

So I do a loop through the woods, wincing slightly because I'd really like to just stop doing this entirely until I get my damn horse already. But whatever. I clear the Secret Woods, pull a Solar Essence out of the autofeeder for the Wizard, and then reach town right as people are starting to wake up. I don't have a loved gift for Jas (she's picky), so she gets a gold Daffodil instead. Good enough. I pass through town and give a gift to literally everybody, taking a lot of pressure off of the remaining two days before the reset. I also find a Spice Berry, which was the last item I needed for the forage bundle, so I go and collect that. I now have 30 Wild Summer Seeds.

This is not actually all that big of a deal. Getting the Wild Seed gift was important last season because I needed to get lots pf Forage xp in a timely manner. There's no such pressure here, so these can be cultivated whenever.

I fetch my can from Clint and go home. I barely finish watering everything on time. I'm glad I didn't try to squeeze in any fishing or mining today. Most of my money today comes from selling the battery packs from my lightning rods. Today was basically a support day.

The golden can is pretty good, btw. The field isn't optimized for it, but it's still quite suitable. The time lost having to walk into the fields is more than offset by having to do 24 waterings instead of 36.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
                                      • SunTide

Summer 5

It's another rain day. Not a storm day, mind you, but a rain day. The primary difference being that there will be less lightning. I'm all set to take advantage of the situation and do some serious mining when I realize that my wheat crop has grown in. Harvesting it is easy, but I don't have any replacement seeds. I debate just letting it go, but decide that this is a problem I need to deal with.

It's very annoying waiting for the shops to open on rain days when you don't have any chores on the farm. I kill time by dropping some stuff off at the CC. With the Red Snapper, I can finish the Ocean Fish Bundle. The reward doesn't mean much, but it's one less task I have to do in the future.

At 9:00, I go ahead and buy lots and lots of seeds for several different crops, hoping to stop this problem from coming up again. I then head for the mines, getting there at 11:40, which is disappointingly late for a day in which I didn't even have to water my crops. I end up only making $4800, but that doesn't include the value of the 54 gold ore that I collect. I spend the last two hours in the ice levels, hunting Dust Sprites and hoping for a lucky Dwarf Scroll drop. It doesn't happen, but earning credit towards the Burglar Ring is an important long term goal.

Mining hits 7 and Combat hits 6. Neither one unlocks anything important.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
                                        • SunTide

Summer 6

It's Saturday, so I decide to do the long loop through the forest and into town. Again. I really want my horse already.

While running past the forest river, I take the opportunity to catch an El Dorado. It's a quasi-rare river fish that only shows up before dusk. It's not an especially valuable fish, but it is a Summer exclusive and I want to catch one. I get lucky and hook one with my very first cast.

By 7:00 I have finished the loop, collecting all forage and visiting all villagers that needed visiting. I head into the mines and start gathering valuables. I spend the last two hours hunting Dust Sprites again.

I end up clearing a little more than $5000 today. I have enough resources to commission a stable from Robin tomorrow.