Suggquestion: Any plans to talk about enemy AI inthe blog?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dessa, Dec 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Dessa

Dessa Intergalactic Tourist

And/Or what sort of ai customization options might there be? One thing I really liked about advance wars and hate about fire emblem was the AI. Namely, Advance Wars AI followed an algorithm that didn't take too much effort to learn, but was pretty efficient at dealing with the cheesiest strats (particularly with later games, when they stopped prioritizing APCs over everything else, no matter what), and from time to time, it caught me by surprise. Fire Emblem, otoh, has many charms, but its AI is dead simple (basically, some units just move forward til they get to you then seek the strongest hit they can muster within range, and others simply wait til something is in range and seek the strongest hit from whatever got too close).

I'm 90% sold on this game already, and ready to evangelize. That last 10% is the question of it the AI is more like Advance Wars, more like Fire Emblem, or more its own thing (which would also be super awesome). Customizability (whether it be options for easy > hard, or whether it lets the player really dig into deeper options) would be a plus too.

• Private_Kero

Private_Kero Intergalactic Tourist

The AI will be extremely important. Let's hope that the AI will be as good as Advance Wars, if even better.

• Bamboozler

Bamboozler Space Penguin Leader

AI will definitely make all the difference. I can't wait to see campaign streams.