Mob Suggestions for Starter Pets (by Race)

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Alluvian_Est-Endrati, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Alluvian_Est-Endrati

Alluvian_Est-Endrati Existential Complex

Greetings all.

As it is now confirmed that Starter Pets will be one of the implemented features, I thought it would be worthwhile to start up a suggestions thread for this exact topic. It is very cool that each race will have a selectionof pets from their homeworld to pick, as well as that they can be customized.

I would ask that all posters who decide to contribute to this thread, to please formulate their suggestions in the following fashion:
    • [Race (Human, Glitch, etc.)] creature name if you have one: Idea text goes here.
    [Glitch] Robokitten: A small, adorable robotic cat that purrs at a very specific frequency. Known to come with a variety of different potential tails, which serve as their primary non-optic sensory antenna.

In my opinion there should also be a few Starter Pets that are universally available across all of the races in-game. Please tag any suggestions you have as [Universal].

[Universal] Space Penguin: A very intelligent and social creature. Known for misbehaving and Space Piracy. Don't be fooled by its twinkling little eyes as it may try to pick your pocket!

As the posters option, please also feel free to suggest potential (non-combat) utilities the Starter Pets could posess. We do not know how useful the developers will want them to be, but some extra suggestions for consideration could not hurt. Please structure all such suggestions like this: [Utility] Idea: Text goes here.

[Utility] Find Shelter: Freezing to death on an Ice world? Perhaps the pet could lead you in the direction of the nearest camp or fire.

2. TheRealShaunsred

TheRealShaunsred Big Damn Hero

I'd love if we'd be able to get allies at some point, not just pets.

Jeremex and CalamityQuote like this.
  3. Alluvian_Est-Endrati

Alluvian_Est-Endrati Existential Complex

That is a wonderful idea of course. I would suggest, if there is not one already, you create a separate topic for its discussion.

4. Glass_Chameleon

Glass_Chameleon Orbital Explorer

[Universal] Pet Rock: It's just a rock but it loves you all the same. Comes in a variety of colours and rolls after you wherever you go.

CM_Wolffe, Xylidya, Lachee and 4 others like this.
  5. The Almighty 404

The Almighty 404 Subatomic Cosmonaut

You know, there probably will be mineral-based enemies, so there can probably be ACTUAL pet rocks...

[Novakid] Plasma Tumbler : A fuzzy bag of gas, with its own brand, that rolls around and hops. It's actually like a bunny for Novakids, but it kinda would look like a tumbleweed.

CM_Wolffe, Everburn, Xylidya and 5 others like this.
  6. Åmbether

Åmbether Void-Bound Voyager

Well, if it's implemented, I would personally like it to be optional. As neat as it sounds, it could turn into just another thing to fret over :p.
    That being said, I would love to see some examples of small aquatic-only pets. This would give players wishing to focus on nautical-adventures a better/more useful selection. (Maybe on areas out of water the pet could be in a floating "fish bowl"?).

Baconbeard and Glass_Chameleon like this.
  7. Glass_Chameleon

But I think it would be funny to have a pet that's actually just a rock. It'd be even better if it couldn't follow you and just sat in your ship but I thought it'd be more consistent if it could follow you like other pets.

Baconbeard and Zenuel like this.
  8. Glass_Chameleon

I'm hoping for floating fishbowls and the fish from the Chucklefish logo.

Baconbeard, litlbear and Åmbether like this.
  9. The Almighty 404

The Almighty 404 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Especially if it takes the whole fishbowl, with some spikes coming out of the top.

10. [Glitch] Toaster: A brave and adorable chrome plated toaster with a cord for a tail.

11. Atlus

Atlus Big Damn Hero

[Hytol] Hermit Crab: A shy and snippy basket ball-sized crab sporting a conch shell.

[Avian] Quetz Constrictor: A small winged snake-like creature coated in bright feathers that glides about.

[Apex] Propaganda Drone: A floating servitor robot with a flashing siren on it's head.

12. EddyOkapi

EddyOkapi Subatomic Cosmonaut

[Hylotl] Seahorseballfloatything
    [​IMG]
    Because seahorses. Prolly comes in all the colors of the rainbow.

Baconbeard, Atlus and NinjaBoffin like this.
  13. Akaiji

Akaiji Subatomic Cosmonaut

[Hylotl] Octopus sporting sushi knives
    [​IMG]

Bet he'd be a hell of a cook^^

Baconbeard likes this.
  14. Chombo

Chombo Title Not Found

[Apex] Human

The option should be there to make your slave...er...pet look like Charlton Heston and he would wear a loin cloth and randomly say, "Get your hands off of me you damn dirty apes!"

15. Arch-Mage Zandor

Arch-Mage Zandor Space Kumquat

[universal]
    tumblr_lbhveoSIdl1qcamaso1_500[1].jpg

Everburn, Xylidya, Lachee and 2 others like this.
  16. Åmbether

Aaaaand there it is.....hehe... always shows up in threads like this.

17. Arch-Mage Zandor

Arch-Mage Zandor Space Kumquat

It is the way of things...

18. Åmbether

True enough sir...

19. hockal00gy

hockal00gy Void-Bound Voyager

20. NinjaBoffin

NinjaBoffin Big Damn Hero

[Race (NovaKid)] Kidnova (See what i did there :3 : Just like a Novakid, these adorable balls of gases follow you, and unlike the novakids, these can light up dark places!