Suggestion regarding time

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by entwan, Aug 4, 2018.

1. entwan

entwan Void-Bound Voyager

Would it be possible to have time pass by differently depending on where you are? Like for example having time pass by more slower in larger areas like the town or perhaps make time pass slower when inside stores instead. I find that it would be especially helpful if time would pass by slower when within the mines/skull cavern. I know that it would probably make the game seem much more easier to other people and maybe not a lot of people would like that so would it also be possible if this can be toggled on and off in the options menu? I'm not merely suggesting this to make the game easier but because I find that energy seems much less of a resource when you're that late into the game as compared to early game when you seem to never have enough. Whenever I have so time left before the each day ends I always head into the mines to spend my remaining time and energy but at that point late into the game I find that I never really have much of a use for the energy I have left. I often haven more than half of my energy remaining before I'm forced to end the day. Also when you're that late into the game, you tend to have a lot of things that you would want to attend to but you have to sacrifice most of the time just to get some good progress in the mines/skull cavern. I therefore find that slowing down time would be a good solution to this. Having the option to toggle pausing time in certain areas could also be considered. This would probably make it seem that the game has a normal/easy/easiest mode if implemented like that. Anyway, I do find the game to be amazing as it is and love the addition of the grabber which helps save more time. :)

• Frougie

Frougie Yeah, You!

I would love to have slower time.

Kurachi84 likes this.
      • Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

i'd love to see time slower in general, but this one's good, too.... maybe a bit confusing, though
        maybe you can set it as setting (not only when starting a new character, otherwise your older ones would not have the option, and thats a waste)
        i never find 1 day to be filled with goals, its always time for bed when i am still doing my farm, and i'm not even as far as getting animals yet, which i bet, will take even more time
        so an option you can use to set it slower would do, or just for everyone
        i was planning on making my own topic, asking for slowed down timer or vehicle, but the latter would be more work, and at such small paths, it'd be bad
        if this will happen, i'll still keep an eye on the teleporter items, as its faster either way

i do like this idea, but i think slowing it down anywhere would be easier to do, and better in general, even with an option to do so
        pausing time would be weird, though..... imo

its a game for relaxation, but also for questing and such, and adventuring, so if you could do more, especially since some seeds work only in 1 season, it'd be much easier to achieve your goals, and find new ones
        i'm not that far yet, but i already start to get annoyed because i have to hurry too much, just to do something before its too late, or i have to wait a lot
        relaxation is NOT the same as getting bored :p

i also think it'd be nice to have like 30 days a month/season

• iCody

iCody Poptop Tamer

With the introduction of coop mode this may not be feasible. You have to consider the different persons can be at any area at any given time. :(

TheHyruliest likes this.
          • Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

oh yeah, co-op is also a thing, hmm.... i dont know how it works yet, but i guess making it slower for everyone, will work out better in more ways than i expected

• entwan

entwan Void-Bound Voyager

Maybe in co-op you can also set how fast time passes like how you set the profit margin. After that you would no longer have the option to change it back though. I feel that would be fair enough for co-op.

TheHyruliest likes this.